Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

The Pit Stop (Off Topic) #4 - Conclusion from the last thread: Boys suck!

Welcome to the "Pit Stop" Off Topic Thread for the Reality TV Board!
The Pit Stop is an event that takes place on the reality TV show, The Amazing Race. It is a time when players check in and get some rest. Players get to know one another and discuss whatever they like, the same thing this thread is for!

Continue

Last edited by Always & Forever; 10-24-2013 at 02:25 PM
Old 10-23-2013, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

I loveee this thread title lol. Thanks for starting <3
But to be clear, boys on are lovely
Old 10-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

yes, not all boys suck, just the ones we want to date.

you said you were gonna respond to me last message!
Old 10-24-2013, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Happy Birthday, Jessica! I hope you have an amazing day!

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 10-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESS! Hope you do something fun!
Old 10-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Thank you so much, you guys! I'm getting ready to go to dinner with my parents and then I'm going out of town Friday and Staurday with some friends!

P.S. I added in the OP from the last thread into the OP.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 10-24-2013, 06:48 PM
Elite Fan

Happy birthday Jessica <33 did u get any cool gifts?!

and yes, totally meant to, but i guess i havent been on really except from my phone. now im on the computer!
from the last thread:

Quote:

Oh, i know, same here. Most days I am okay with it because I just tell myself to be patient. If its meant to be itll work out eventually and i keep hoping hell come around. But then some days I just get so fed up and feel like im putting in more effort than him, and if he doesnt want a relationship i am wasting my time a bit!

i think that the key is to just keep your options open. If its not official or exclusive then hell have to deal with the fact that i may still go out and try to meet other guys. :/

Im not afraid to have the conversation i think it just matters on the timing. After a month of dating i kind of subtly brought up the "what are we?" convo and he was like "what, you want me to be your boyfriend?" and he said it in a "YOU ARE CRAZY" kind of way... (not to be mean, i think just because it was the first month) and i just kinda laughed it off and said no, but we did establish at the time that we were dating and not seeing other people. Then the situation kinda changed and we agreed to be friends for a while. Now we are "hanging out" again (apparently thats what he told his best friend we were doing) but i dont realyl know what that means. are we back to being exclusive? or just casually dating? i havent asked because i dont want to freak him out. but i think i am just gonna give it til like january (WINTER AS HE SAID) and then be like "dude, so where is this going? is this just fun for you?"

i have no problems being casual if thats all he wants, but if thats the case then i need to know so that i can still see other guys. and i thnk if i say that to him hopefully itll make him be like "umm, i dont want that" and maybe hell fight a little harder? i dont know, i mean, he did mention that he hasnt been with anyone else adn he said he hated the idea of thinking of me with other people, but then hes also said before that he doesnt want to hold me back or make me feel like hes using me or anything. So i just really dont know. LOL.

i always plan to ask him but then when we are actually hanging out we have so much fun and i dont want to ruin it or make it weird... :/ but come january it will have been 7 months since we started seeing each other and by that time i think a person needs to know whether they see a future with you or not!
i'm a really shy girl and i think its awesome that u arent afraid to bring up the conversation. im just so bad at that. i feel nervous to take any type of initiative and its annoying. i just feel uncomfortable doing it unfortunately. cant help it.
the last guy i dated, i wanted to be official sooo badly, but it ended before it took off. i guess im happy it did because i did find out some things about him after the fact, but my feelings took long to heal.
The guy I'm not talking to/seeing, its weird. At first, I liked him a lot and now I'm finding myself just not caring. He's obviously super shy and i think even shyer than i am. he still texts or calls me almost every day and if we dont talk or text, he ends up texting me first the following day. it seems clear that he likes me, but we've only gone on 3 dates in 3 weeks. i know its not a lot and probably normal, but imo it doesnt give me the chance to like him more. by the time i see him again, it feels like a first date all over again. its stupid and not necessarily what im looking for!

i love that u asked him "what are we?" it shows confidence and thats cool. the trick i think is finding the right time to ask it. my issue is that i have no clue when that is. i still havent been in a relationship where ive felt 100% comfortable with the guy. thats my goal this year

and if we want to move on to something less "depressing," what do u have in mind
Old 10-24-2013, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

Quote:
The guy I'm not talking to/seeing, its weird. At first, I liked him a lot and now I'm finding myself just not caring. He's obviously super shy and i think even shyer than i am. he still texts or calls me almost every day and if we dont talk or text, he ends up texting me first the following day. it seems clear that he likes me, but we've only gone on 3 dates in 3 weeks. i know its not a lot and probably normal, but imo it doesnt give me the chance to like him more. by the time i see him again, it feels like a first date all over again. its stupid and not necessarily what im looking for!
yeah, that sounds simillar to my situation. the difference is that ive known NIck for like ten years so i already really like him and know that i want to be with him. you have it harder because you are still getting to know the guy and still arent sure if you want to date him, but maybe hes doing the same thing. i think its way too soon for you to be worrying too much about it though, i think just take it slow and try to have fun. in a few months time if things are still going this way, then you can say something.

i mean, its been almost 5 months since me and nick started whatever this is and i still dont know. but i think sometimes that part of it... you just gotta be casual and go with the flow and prove to the guy that you arent needy and gonna go crazy on him, and hopefully hell come around?

for me, he said winter, so i kind of have a deadline... and come january if i ask him i think it will be an easy conversation to have. Im gonna try to just be casual about it and not put too much pressure on him... but i have to. i need to know if we are exclusive... if we are working towards something or if we are just having fun? i mean, in a relationship that kind of thing is important. i dont wanta friend with benefits, i want a real relationship and if he cant give that to me (at least in the near future) then it needs to be done. even though its gonna be super hard to walk away. i dont feel like im being used because i actually enjoy hanging out with him and we do talk everyday and he said hes not seeing anyone else, so to go from that to NOTHING will be hard, but at the same time, if he doesnt want to DATE me in the next year like... OFFICIALLY then what is the point of what we are doing?

hes said numerous times that he wants to be married and have kids so if he doesnt see that future with me AT ALL or not even a potential for that, then why is he wasting him time hanging out with me? I guess the answer to that could be that for now he just doesnt have time for a g/f and im "easy" (in the sense that i am not demanding a relationship) and i am around to talk to ETC, so FOR NOW for him, maybe its just fun and casual. But I cant be with a guy that only sees me that way. especially when i like him SO MUCH MORE than that. If i stick around its just gonna get harder.

but i guess if you're too scared to ask them youll just have to be okay with whatever you guys are? i mean, i was thinking about it today... and i guess we just kinda of have to wait to see what happens. i think eventually they will either break it off or want to be more, but its kind of in their court.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Check this out!

"My guy" wrote & directed it with his brother!

Old 10-31-2013, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jessica, that's cute! Maybe just a wee bit scary, too ... The "ghost" had some wicked teeth on him!

Compliments to your "guy."

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 10-31-2013, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Thanks! He "liked" my status when I posted about it.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

Hope everyone had a good Halloween! I went out with my niece, she was adorable. It was a lot of fun.

Then me and my sister went to a haunted house, it was fun. Actually not too scary.

Ive had way too much candy today though
Old 11-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

This was the first Halloween since my niece was a baby that I didn't get to spend it with her.

I just went and helped out at my church's Fall Festival, then watched the Toy Story of Terror special that was on ABC a couple of weeks ago that I hadn't watched yet.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't do much stayed home. Attempted to watch a scary movie, but it was so awful, I ended up watching an episode of ghost adventures instead then got scared and fell asleep with the tv on.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

That sounds like a pretty interesting night.

I'm catching up on The Crazy Ones right now, then I need to go to bed.