Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Outback Jack on TBS

Outback Jack - Premieres June 22 at 9/8c on TBS
What would you give up for true love? Your home? Your friends? Your Manolo Blahnik strappy sandals? In Outback Jack, a dozen primped and pampered women are forced to leave behind their designer fashions and luxurious lifestyles to compete for the man of their dreams. They'll battle the environment, the wildlife, and even each other in a quest to win the heart of Outback Jack.

Outback Jack creates the ultimate test of love as twelve high-maintenance women vie for the affections of a rugged Australian adventurer. However, the women don't realize until it's too late that to meet Jack, they'll have to parachute into the middle of the untamed Australian Outback! After making it to the ground, they're shocked to discover the potential man of their dreams is not living a life of luxury, but roughing it in one of the world's most unforgiving terrains. Over the course of eight episodes, these pampered women will be put to the test, to see which one of them has the stamina to survive in the Outback and win the affection of their handsome hero.

Anyone gonna watch this one? I think it might be fun to watch the extra high maintenance girls struggle with no shopping and glamour world stuff.

Last edited by mollymac; 06-22-2004 at 02:55 PM
Old 06-22-2004, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't wait for this show is air on australian tv
Old 06-23-2004, 08:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Oh! I watched this, I like saw soo many commercials for it, and it's just majorly funny! I wished he kicked off, the stupid ones...like Mary, and that girl that asked if their were outlets...oh yeah there is going to be outlets in the outback...smart girl...

I'm sorry, it's just so much to make fun of them, and there is something about Harmoine that bugs me. So I hope she gets kicked off soon, and that girl that got a heat stroke, she didn't follow his instruction on drinking water, and she can't stand the heat. I would have soo kicked her off, not listening, thinking you could take the heat? No, not going to happen.

"My junk is you."
Old 06-23-2004, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah...besides the laughs that shallow prisses provide and the obvious Aussie eye candy that "Jack" is, the show reeks of stale cliche. I mean, if I'm looking for smiles and funnies that hard, I'll just watch a Ben Stiller or Will Ferrell flick, for serious...

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 06-23-2004, 06:47 PM
Extreme Fan

I just saw a commercial where one of the girls said "I hate the Outback. Someone should burn it down and build a mall."

Another one said something like if he is ugly I am gonna kick his ass. And yet a third girl said "I am just afraid I can't get my nails done."

But the guy is cute.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Old 06-24-2004, 06:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Whoever was the girl that said "there's no outlets?" should have been sent home immediately! ha.

Also that girl, Mary who did her makeup perfectly and flirted with Jack and then sang to him that night....give me a break! She is trying to get discovered rather than trying to get to know Jack.

I loved how someone said "and why are we wearing hard hats?" as they started off canoeing. Looks like a pretty bumpy canoe ride next week.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

I am not a big fan of Reality TV--especially dating ones... But I watched the commercials for the show about a billion times and finally just gave in...

Mostly because I think Jack is super attractive. Very handsome

Well, I'm hoping Shannon wins. And I'm glad Laura left (she was the one who said the should burn down the outback and build a mall), and as soon as I saw Mary open her mouth to sing, I CHANGED the channel. There was no way I'd put myself through that.

I'm curious to see who the girl is in the preview for next week--secret affair much?

-michelle

Michelle

[Icon: eyesthatslay]
Old 06-25-2004, 09:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Mostly because I think Jack is super attractive. Very handsome
Oh so hot. I would watch just to see him.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Old 06-26-2004, 07:35 AM
Master Fan

argh...can you say irritating losers?

my gosh, i never saw such a bunch of annoying women in my life. now they give women a bad name.

i am one for amenities but man they are rich...so funny! while yet being really hair-pullingly aggravating. i don't see this guy lasting with any one of these girls!

man i'm disappointed that they are all high maintenance women. i would have loved to see a few down-to-earth girls thrown in the mix. now that would have been entertaining...i'm sure there would have been some catfights between the two...hehe...

i do have to agree that he is one fine man

i just feel bad that he has to end up picking one of these women.

and SO in awe that the guy didn't kick Mary off... what is that guy thinking?

*shakes head*

creeeeeepy! that woman is a weirdo! the singing clinched it!

the only one that stuck out for me, who seemingly could fit in the 'outback' was cortney. now i'm not a big blonde fan...most girls who are blondes on these reality shows irritate the heck out of me, but she is the one i could actually see adjusting to the whole environment.

not sure who shannon is, so can't say anything about her...

just get that freak Mary off!

and yeah, that macking session he was having was hot...i think it was with a blonde, which doesn't say much cuz almost all of them are blondes...

anyway....
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 06-30-2004, 12:03 PM
Master Fan

I love this show! Jack (real name Vadim Dale) is just too hot for words! I couldnt help but swoon when he saved the girls in the rapids--aww! I have to say Im rooting for Marissa. I know she is the token villianess but I love the chemistry she and Jack share. That kiss--yowza! She seems like she knows what she wants and is going to do her best to get it. Unfortunately, since according the previews, the next girl voted out isnt Jack's decision--I have a bad feeling it could be Marissa

Least fave: Scary Mary! Man alive, get this woman outta the Outback. STAT!
Old 06-30-2004, 12:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Awww, Jack (or whatever his real name is ) is such a cutie pie. I could watch a show about him hanging out by himself. I'm still shocked he kept Mary! over Shannon. Even if it was hard for Shannon to show feelings, maybe he should have given her more time. Did you see how Mary dressed to go and clean fish? Her best date outfit..what a loser.

I'm still annoyed with Marissa, but if they hit it off that's great. I just can't stand her on my screen.

It's got to be weird to be with the guy most of the day, though. It's almost the exact opposite of The Bachelor. The girls dont see the guy enough. But I gues this way you see the good, the bad, and the ugly all at once.

It seems that the background 'music' is constant screaming by the girls. ha. They are screaming and squealing over everything!
Old 07-01-2004, 12:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

yeah i can't BELIEVE he picked mary over shannon. She was the girl I was rooting for...that's how the game's played, i guess. And Marissa is the villianess--but she brings the drama and that means entertainment!

Michelle

[Icon: eyesthatslay]
Old 07-01-2004, 04:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Elithraniel
yeah i can't BELIEVE he picked mary over shannon. She was the girl I was rooting for...that's how the game's played, i guess. And Marissa is the villianess--but she brings the drama and that means entertainment!
ITA! He shoulda kept Shannon. Mary is downright horrible.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Oh my gosh, I totally agree, I'm all like 'He's going to kick off Mary, I know it!' and he's like 'I would love it if you stayed.' I'm like...stupid!!! Nooo, why would anyone like her, and what was with that butt slap? Can we say that she really would like some soon. She is such a freak, and wearing date clothing to cook, right? But why did he kick of Shannon!!

And Marissa, I hate that girl, she thinks she soo cool and so smart. I think that should totally be against the rules, to sneak out of the tent in the middle of the night and have an affair. That's so stupid, she's not trying to win him over with the show, she more into just cheating. Dumb girl, this is the only reason I really want Adrienne to win this, because she seems to be the best for him.

Oh, and I have to say that girl, the annoying one! Um...I forgot her name, that little barbie doll one that wears way to much make-up and is like the baby. I want her out, her voice annoys me and she's way to girly for him, I just doing see this Jack man with the girliest girl of them all, he needs someone strong that is able to live there.

"My junk is you."
Old 07-04-2004, 07:28 AM
Passionate Fan

I love Marissa! She's the only interesting one here. And so far, she's the only one I think Jack has chemistry with.

I like Adrienne but I just don't think she has any chemistry with Jack. That kiss they aired? Was so misleading. They obviously put it in slow-motion so it would look better but when in realtime, it was just a peck!

Anyone seen the promo that TBS has been airing? Apparently, next week, some big shocking secret is revealed. And then there's a big twist! Oh, the suspense! Oh, and then he makes out with both Maria and Mary.