Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2019, 07:15 AM
Absolute Fan

Does anyone watch Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt? One of the newer episodes had an alternate reality where Titus joins Scientology. It was both hilarious and sad at the same time.

This show however has nothing humorous about it. It's so gripping and pretty much a real life horror story. I can't believe how many celebs still get sucked into this.

It's been in the news but another major cult was outed that was tied to one of the actresses from Smallville. Aparently their leader was iron-rod branding females to claim ownership. Creepy ....
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
lasha4god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 04:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

I don’t watch that. Brooklyn Nine-Nine did a spoof, as well.

Quote:
It was both hilarious and sad at the same time.
That’s the truth, though.

I haven’t gotten around to watching any of the 3rd season yet.

I saw John Travolta & his wife on the cover of a gossip mag a couple of weeks ago, and part of the title was “How the controversial religion, Scientology, saved their lives” or something along those lines. I just closed my eyes & said a little prayer for them right then & there. And for it to still be called a church/religion just makes me so upset.

I just found this article from 2017:

Scientologist’s Facilities Closed After Police Find People Held Prisoner Inside

Why isn’t this happening all across the country & world?!
{vote} PSYCH|{join} AARON
In My Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 06:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Why Jennifer Lopez Refused to Join Scientology, According to Leah Remini

I’m up to the 4th episode of the 3rd season now!
Old 02-27-2019, 02:07 PM
Absolute Fan

I can't believe how they have gotten this far without a full blown raid of their compounds. I was raised by Pentecostal, Jesus-freak, parents. I remember seeing the dianetics commericals as a kid and my parents immediately going on about how awful of a cult it was. It was ingrained in me.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale
Old 02-27-2019, 03:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

I grew up in a Christian household myself, and I still hold those beliefs, but it is a choice to choose to follow Christ. If a person decides they don’t want to anymore, so be it. We still love and pray for them, but they’re not gonna be forced to stop seeing and talking to their family and friends. People leave and switch churches all the time. Again, we still love & pray for them and wish them well, and most of the time stay friends and communicate with them. The only “book” we need to read is the Bible and don’t need to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on reading material, unless we choose to for a daily devotional or a Bible Study. People like Tim Tebow and Kirk Cameron are looked down upon for sharing, and being open about their Christian faith, when all they want to do is spread the love & good news of Jesus. Whereas Tom Cruise & John Travolta are seen as “heroes” for being a part of Scientology, when they’re “faith” is nothing but sci-fi fiction/fantasy and force people to believe what they believe, otherwise they’re seen as “evil”. Anyway, sorry for my little rant.

But I agree, there should have been raids years ago!
Old 02-27-2019, 05:56 PM
Absolute Fan

I love Tim Tebow. Kirk is too over the top and makes awful movies, lol. Neither of them are cult members however. I mean I disagree with some of the theology they follow but we're all one in Christ.

I know people have had some awful experiences in the church and I would never discredit that. But for me while it was a different experience seeing people dance in the aisles and speak in tongues I was always loved and accepted and found church in my younger years really rewarding.

Being in a community of like believers is not bad. Being in one that controls and dictates and demands your money as means to the afterlife is twisted. One that does all this and mentally and physocally abuses you is even worse.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Being in a community of like believers is not bad. Being in one that controls and dictates and demands your money as means to the afterlife is twisted. One that does all this and mentally and physically abuses you is even worse.
Right.

The next episode I’m getting ready to watch is the one about what happened to Shelly Miscaviage. Gonna be interesting!

Came across these articles and thought it was interesting... They are a few years old:

Why Scientology’s Erika Christensen can play a Christian convert on the big screen

Erika Christensen Opens Up About Being a Scientologist, Why Going Clear Has 'No Relevance'
Old 03-10-2019, 05:04 PM
Absolute Fan

It's a shame she is brainwashed to discredit all the horror stories people have. She's like a person who would stand with Harvey Weinstein even in face of all that has come out.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:33 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah. I just kinda skimmed through both of those articles, but she said something like, "That's not the Scientology I grew up in"...

I went back through the articles. Here's what she said:
Quote:
"Honestly it doesn’t have anything to do with … anything that I’ve ever learned about the group or organization as a group or organization."
^Isn't that brainwashing?

And, based on what the first article said, she was able to film a Christian, faith-based film because it was all about the money...

Quote:
Scientology Rule No. 1 is that its celebrities can break all the rules.

The church will be thrilled that Christensen is earning a paycheck, and it wouldn’t dare tell her not to appear in such a film. Meanwhile, as she has many times before, Christensen herself will say that generally, Scientologists can also be Christians or Jews or Muslims.

This. Is. A. Lie.

But lying is practically a sacrament in Scientology, so Erika won’t be in any trouble for it.
This is such a shame.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:32 PM
Absolute Fan

Money is their #1. Moving ahead and gaining clearance takes mucho $$$$.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, it’s all about money. I can’t imagine being a part of a “church” where I had to spend thousands of dollars to be a part of because I can barely afford to pay my bills and car payments. Haven’t they said that Scientologists would take out 2nd mortgages, etc. to pay for all their materials?

The whole “disconnection” thing gets me, too, because I have friends and family members who are Catholic, don’t even attend a church, might not even believe in God or have a faith, but I still love them and communicate with them and will share my faith with them, but I’m not gonna stop speaking to them and not be a part of their life just because they’re not “Christian”. That’s not what God has called us to do/be. He wants us to love our neighbors as ourselves and preach the good news, but do it with a mindset that not everyone is gonna “convert” or be transformed, but we’re still called to love them. That’s why Scientology is selfish & self-righteous...
Old 03-13-2019, 06:17 PM
Absolute Fan

My dad used to tell me stories about having to have 25 cents in exact change to be let into Mass as a kid. This doesn't even come close to the money racket that is Scientology.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Why are churches even paying people to let you in their doors? A church should be a safe place you feel you can come to, free of charge, to seek solace & advice and anything else you need. An offering, or donation, should always be optional, and will God would like you to tithe 10%, it’s not required to be a part of His church(es) and you won’t be condemned to the pits of hell. Know what I mean?

Some side news about Leah!
Cheryl Burke Celebrates at Bridal Shower Hosted by Maid of Honor Leah Remini
Old 04-16-2019, 05:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Leah Remini: Where’s the outrage about Scientology’s disappeared?
Old 05-05-2019, 06:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

'SHIP OF HORRORS': LEAH REMINI SAYS SCIENTOLOGY CRUISE SHIP'S MEASLES QUARANTINE COULD BE CHANCE TO FLEE
Reply   Post New Thread