Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Total Fan

The Hills Appreciation #7 - Scripted or not, we still can't stop watching!

New thread!

Last edited by Daph; 02-25-2009 at 08:10 AM
Old 02-25-2009, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the new thread!

meg | tumblr
Old 02-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Loyal Fan

season 5 trailer is epic! can't wait for it to start
Old 02-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
I do look forward to S5 a little. Their trailers are good.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:18 AM
Master Fan

I went back and watched several epis of S1. And it's amazing how time has changed Heidi. Or more for that matter, Spencer.

S1 Heidi was so fun and free and happy-go lucky, where as Heidi now is weighed down by a lot of things...some would say Spencer.

I know that Spencer does seem to love her. But the problem with Spencer is that he's so possessive and demands that her attention be solely on him and nothing else. He wants her to be selfish and isolated. I don't think he really knows how to really love a person. As much as a person is sarcastic, and has that type of humor, it doesn't excuse some of the things he's said and done to his family and to Heidi.

I wish she would have stood up to Spencer like she did to Brian. She wouldn't let him speak to her in any disrespectful way whereas with Spencer she lets him walk all over her. She needs to see that as much as she loves him and he 'loves' her, unless he changes his attitude about controlling Heidi's life by manipulation and lies, their relationship will be forever doomed. And if not doomed, then she's going be miserable for a lot of years. It may not seem that way now, because he seems to have brainwashed her into thinking that it's Speidi against the world. However, by the trailers, it seems like Heidi seems to be coming out of that daze and realizes how much she's been isolated and how much she's had to sacrifice and lose because of this 'love' Spencer has for her.

Watching S1, I still can't understand how Heidi, who had spoken so confidently that she would never allow herself to be yelled at and disrespected in anyway, could have thrown herself headlong at Spencer who clearly had other agendas, especially in light of his conversations with Audrina.

It still boggles my mind.

But the reason I bring it up is because for the first time since S1 episodes, I found myself really smiling and crying along with the people on the screen. I truly felt Heidi's complete melt down when she was crying into Lauren's arms. I definitely feel that Heid's seen how good she had it when she was friends with Lauren. She realizes that boys don't fill the void where that friendship lay. And she realizes that her purest joy was when she was friends with Lauren and had a confidente that was truly honest with her and truly actually cared.

I hope it's not a let down ...S5. I'd hate for Heidi not to have learned anything. I'd love it that even if she suffered through a insane journey with Spencer, it would be worth it if it made her grow up a little and realize what she had.

Somehow I think it won't be like that in S5. We'll probably still get the same propaganda and same ole same ole. But part of me holds out hope.

I wish that Heidi would find a nice guy. Watching S1 H/B, I thought he was sweet (though insensitive sometimes) and a good match. I want her to truly find real love. One that doesn't cause pain.

I know everyone hates Speidi. But I'm still holding out hope that there will be redemption for Heidi.
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 03-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

sooooooo...tonight i was going to Nordstroms in West LA and to get there from the parking you have to walk through the Landmark Theaters lobby and while i was getting off the escalator, Lauren Conrad's bf steps right in front of me. so while i'm trying to walk around him bc there's this huge crush of ppl coming out of a movie, i'm like...this dude looks like LC's bf. and then the girl on his arm starts speaking and and then i recognized her face and her voice. so i guess LC and her bf just finished watching a movie. she was wearing skinny jeans, a red plaid shirt, a chanel purse and her hair tied back with braids. typical outfit for her. she's cute but shorter than i thought she'd be and her voice is really raspy and low.

first time i've ever ran into a celeb like that - literally! lol so i was hella excited. haha

I look at you and I would rather look at you than all the portraits in the world.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Total Fan

^ cool!

Are the new episodes starting tomorrow?
Old 03-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

that's pretty sweet!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Elite Fan

Jayta I totally agree about Heidi! I'm with you! She Twitters all the time, and seems really happy though. She's filming for The Hills today. It makes me so mad for some reason when she says she's filming a scene for The Hills. Just makes it sound so scripted, considering the cameras are just supposed to follow them around, since it's "reality" tv. But anyway, she does come off as a very happy person in Twitter, so I'm hoping that she genuinely is, and they just make her into a character on The Hills. Because I completely agree, I was watching the S1 Hills clips on MTV on Monday that they were showing, and Heidi is completely different!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coveredinrain (View Post)
sooooooo...tonight i was going to Nordstroms in West LA and to get there from the parking you have to walk through the Landmark Theaters lobby and while i was getting off the escalator, Lauren Conrad's bf steps right in front of me. so while i'm trying to walk around him bc there's this huge crush of ppl coming out of a movie, i'm like...this dude looks like LC's bf. and then the girl on his arm starts speaking and and then i recognized her face and her voice. so i guess LC and her bf just finished watching a movie. she was wearing skinny jeans, a red plaid shirt, a chanel purse and her hair tied back with braids. typical outfit for her. she's cute but shorter than i thought she'd be and her voice is really raspy and low.

first time i've ever ran into a celeb like that - literally! lol so i was hella excited. haha
That's so cute. Is she still with Kyle Howard? New season of My Boys!
Old 04-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think she said she doesn't have much more drama in her life this season and everything is pretty laid back. It is probably because she is in a happy relationship with Kyle Howard! I kinda can't wait until the show is over, just so we can see more of them together!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Addicted Fan

He won't be on The Hills. I think reality or not he can't be because of My Boys. Last night was a good episode. I get Lauren completely. She's not rejecting Heidi but she can't sit and giggle and support Heidi in Spencer's craziness cause her answer is always going to be the same: Dump him. As someone who has multiple friends who are with unbefitting guys, I sympathize.

And Stephanie needs to stop pushing. She's crossing the line. But I wonder what Heidi got Lauren from Chanel?
Old 04-11-2009, 02:19 AM
Master Fan

I just want Speidi to be over with Then Heidi can have a real life!

Though it was insane how hard her mother was pushing. I swear, Heidi might get there faster if her mother lent an ear and wasn't pushing boys on her Bit much...especially when Heidi hasn't really 'dumped' Spencer
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 04-13-2009, 03:42 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah. Heidi's mother was WAY out of line. It's kinda pathetic really.
Heidi comes to Colorado for some time for herself and then her mother starts pushing her on Coby. Stupid.

Don't even get me started on Spencer. Nothing left to say.
I can't even understand why Heidi is still with Spencer. But I guess she has a good reason...
And c'mon, you're gonna call Brody after all this... Spencer, Spencer... pathetic.

i o l a.
#.#
Old 04-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Total Fan

Is it just me or is The Hills turning into the Heidi & Spencer show? They are taking way to much screen time for my liking... I guess that's what happens when a big chunk of Lauren's personnal like is not on the show anymore...