Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2016, 07:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by On My Own (View Post)
IMO, I wouldn't say Ginger is "excellent". Good, but I think Nyle & Paige are better...
Exactly! I read an article that stated she was "nice" and that she was being favorited by the network because of her connection to GMA. Maybe?

Thanks for the info on Artem & Torrey. She's one of my favorite characters on Chicago Med.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 05-22-2016, 12:14 PM
Moderator Support Team
Someday Came Today

Yeah, she's definitely being favorited, that's for sure. I hope America sees through that and will vote for Nyle to win!
Old 05-22-2016, 03:39 PM
Master Fan

I'd almost put money on Nyle winning
Old 05-22-2016, 05:51 PM
Moderator Support Team
Someday Came Today

Oh, no! Now, I feel bad for talking "smack" about her.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:16 AM
Master Fan

They talked about her on GMA. Sounds like she is improving
Old 05-23-2016, 08:46 AM
Elite Fan

I'm glad she's improving. Finals has to be the worst time to have to drop out.

Old 05-23-2016, 01:04 PM
Moderator Support Team
Someday Came Today

I guess we'll find out tonight! Or, in my case, tomorrow afternoon!

All my votes are going to Nyle tonight, though!
Old 05-23-2016, 03:29 PM
Can You Spare a Brain?

i really hope she is able to perform i love watching her dance

Quote:
Hello Disturbed Ones, we would like to share a touching email we recently received from Dancing with the Stars contestant Nyle DiMarco, who happens to be deaf and will performing his final dance tonight for the trophy to our version of "The Sound of Silence". Nyle emailed us to ask for our permission to use our version of the song that has inspired him and hopes to convey an even bigger message to help people better understand the history of the deaf community.Tonight is the big night so help spread the word and cast your votes for Nyle! This is not only a great honor for a Hard Rock/Metal band like us to be asked to be part of the biggest night of their show but for us to play a role in raising awareness for Nyle's cause. We wish him & Peta the best and please take a moment to vote tonight and share this post!
Watch & VOTE! 1800 868 3409
Thank You-
David
Dan
Mike
John
Here's his email to us-
My name is Nyle DiMarco. I am Deaf. I'm the fourth generation and I have over 25 Deaf members in my family. I am now in the semi finals towards the Mirror Ball on Dancing With The Stars. I am writing this letter to let you know how much your song "Sound of Silence" means so much to me and my Deaf community and that I would love to dance to your song for the finals. I feel this is important for you to know that we the Deaf people underwent a terrible history and we are still stuck in the darkness. The darkness of oppression that your song truly reverberated to me.
Before the year 1880, we the Deaf people lived normal lives. We were perceived normal. We held political positions. We joined the army. We had jobs. We had an education through sign language that greatly benefited to our visual eyes and silent ears. It was until the Milan Conference in 1880 that led to language deprivation and... ultimately our culture, our job opportunities, and our intelligence. We were tortured. Our ancestors underwent electric shock chairs, surgeries (without anesthesia), and so many torturing methods just to help us regain our hearing. We were also punished if we used sign language. We were whipped. Slapped with our rulers. Abused. We were required to try and learn to speak (and that always, always miserably failed).
We also lost jobs. Many now perceive us as disabled, that we can't serve the army, hold political positions, nor teach.
Because of the conference that almost led to the death of the Deaf culture (and was basically genocide and cultural-genocide), we are still trying to get out of the dark. I just founded Nyle DiMarco Foundation and our focus is on Deaf kids. We are working with state and U.S. senators to write and pass the bill that requires bilingualism (American Sign Language and English) because it was recently proven by science that it will benefit the Deaf child a lot more than just English only. I am using my celebrity platform and especially on DWTS for good cause.
With your song... we are planning on showing my history's terrible times through dancing... and to your powerful and moving song. We feel that with you, your song, and us, we will make/change history and help people better understand our history, and build allies all over the world to help better Deaf lives.
Help us resurface from our darkness, from the systematic oppression. There is power in Sound of Silence.
We hope you will grant us the permission. Lets change history together!
Nyle DiMarco
‪#‎dancingwiththestars‬ ‪#‎NyleDiMarco‬ ‪#‎TheSoundofSilence‬ ‪#‎Disturbed‬ ‪#‎mirrorball‬ Dancing with the Stars ‪#‎PetaJaneMurgatroyd‬ ‪#‎PaulSimon‬ ‪#‎SimonandGarfunkel‬ Paul Simon Simon & Garfunkel
via Disturbed - Official Facebook Page

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 05-23-2016 at 06:00 PM
Old 05-24-2016, 06:15 AM
Master Fan

^ Thanks for posting that. I think they all did well last night. I heard there is 3% between each contestant. Anyone can win but I hope it's Nyle
Old 05-24-2016, 09:30 AM
Can You Spare a Brain?

i really dont know who i want to win. they all did fantastic last night

Ginger Zee Says Her Post-Injury Dancing With the Stars Finale Performance Was Nerve-Wracking | E! News
Old 05-24-2016, 01:38 PM
Moderator Support Team
Someday Came Today

Thanks for sharing that! Nyle's dance was incredible & by far my favorite! I'm nervous with him being at the bottom going into the finale tonight, but my fingers are for sure crossed for him! I agree with Len about his dance, that it was a dance for everybody! Anyone who feels isolated for whatever reason, it was definitely a strong dance for them!

Still think Ginger was over scored. If she wins, I won't be upset (good for Val! ), but I don't really want her to.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

Peta deserves credit too, must have been a real challenge for her
Old 05-25-2016, 05:35 AM
Elite Fan

I think the right person won the MBT last night. When Carrie Ann was signing to Nyle and he got emotional, it made me cry too. That said Paige was a formidable opponent who gave us a great season of dancing. Len really gave himself away on what the show is about when he made the comment "if we were judging just on dancing." It's never just the dancing - it's the story and the journey and the emotional impact of the star.

I have to say that this season was one of my favorites. There was minimal drama and no partner hook-up rumors for a change. Well, except for Paige and the guy from the troupe but that doesn't count.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread