Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2018, 12:07 AM
Absolute Fan

I only watched the first 4 or 5 weeks of the adult version because I found this season to be rather boring and none of the "stars" competing this season caught my attention or interest so I stopped watching about halfway through this season, I couldn't get into it. But I did watch the finale just to see who won, I didn't really care who won but I'm just glad that Sharna finally wins her first Mirrorball! I am a big fan of Sharna, she has been competing on DWTS as a pro for so many seasons and I think she's one of the best pros on the show, and as a choreographer she's one of the most talented, I have always regarded Sharna to be like the female version of Derek Hough There were a few seasons in the past when I thought she should've won, but didn't, so I'm very happy she finally wins this time, it was a long time coming!
Old 11-20-2018, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lots of the pros at this point are bigger stars than the stars are. That’s always cracked me up.
ICON
Old 11-20-2018, 06:14 AM
Master Fan

Havn't watched yet but heard Bobby won didn't expect it but I'm glad for Sharna
Old 11-20-2018, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Sharna, yes. I am happy she finally got her win, but she should have won with more deserving dancers (i.e. Nick or James). Bobby was fun & entertaining, but he was a terrible dancer. That's when you see that it's a popularity contest & not about the dancing talents that the contestants have displayed throughout the season. Sure, Bobby improved a little throughout the season, but Milo was SUPERB in every single one of his dances and, to me, he deserved the win more than Bobby...

Twitter was so up in arms about it last night. I don't even know how Bobby ended up getting more fan votes over Milo...

According to some sources, the results were:

1. Bobby
2. Milo
3. Evanna
4. Alexis

With Bobby just slightly edging out Milo, so it was SUPER close, but that doesn't make me feel good about Milo's 2nd place. I hope they do another All-Stars edition or something soon, because Milo deserves some sort of redemption after this.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 11-20-2018, 11:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

Old 11-20-2018, 01:38 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by very close talking (View Post)
Sharna, yes. I am happy she finally got her win, but she should have won with more deserving dancers (i.e. Nick or James).
this I completely agree, Sharna should've won S21 with Nick instead of Bindi & Derek...no offense to Bindi, as much as I liked her, but Nick was clearly the better dancer, I was rooting for Nick & Sharna to win that season, but they were robbed IMO, they should've won. I think Bindi won S21 mainly because people loved her personality, much like how Bobby won only because people loved his personality too, and because she was paired with the DWTS golden boy Derek.
And as much as I liked James, I think Laurie & Val deserved to win S23 because Laurie was clearly the best dancer in that season. So I think Sharna definitely should've won with Nick, but not with James, although I'm glad James & Sharna were the runner ups that season.

Last edited by LindaL100; 11-20-2018 at 01:45 PM
Old 11-20-2018, 01:41 PM
Absolute Fan

EDIT:

oops I accidentally double-posted, there was a glitch with my browser and I thought my comments didn't get posted, so I clicked post again and then realised my comments were posted twice, sorry!
Old 11-20-2018, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do remember really liking Bobby’s Halloween dance, though. To that eerie version of Mr. Sandman. That one was so cool.

We probably should have seen it coming with Juan Pablo’s elimination last week that this wasn’t necessarily going to be a season where the best dancer would win. I think Milo definitely deserved it the most, so I would love to see him get another chance. His contemporary to Toxic is for sure my favorite dance of the season. But I don’t think Bobby was horrible. He was definitely the least likely to win, though, it seemed, so I can see why people were shocked.
ICON
Old 11-20-2018, 05:00 PM
Absolute Fan

well DWTS has always been partially about the dancing and partially about the popularity, the show was never really about voting for the best dancer, it has always been about voting for America's favourite dancer, and the favourite dancer among voters and viewers are not necessarily the best dancers in the competition, a fav dancer could be mostly based on popularity and not really the dancing, it is simply the competitor who has the most amount of voters and fans. Many of the winners over the years were not necessarily the best dancers during their seasons, but they gained enough support and votes to win.
I reckon in the past DWTS was probably 50% about the dancing and 50% about the popularity...but I think in recent seasons that ratio has become imbalanced and the show has mostly become a popularity contest more than a dancing competition in recent years, except for a few seasons.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 11-20-2018 at 06:16 PM
Old 11-20-2018, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for that
Old 11-23-2018, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting that.
Emily
Old 11-23-2018, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Thanks for the latest news!

I hope Juniors will have a better outcome.

Old 11-23-2018, 11:37 PM
Absolute Fan

Spoiler:

Last edited by Always & Forever; 11-24-2018 at 05:09 PM
Old 11-24-2018, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
Spoiler:
^That post was a little too spoilery, so I had to put it in spoiler tags, Linda.