Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2018, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi||iê Måë (View Post)
Yeah, I tried though.
At least you tried.

Good points, April!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 10-18-2018, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I do check out highlights here and there but just not excited for it.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Understandable. Thank goodness with modern technology, you can see a lot of recaps & clips on YT.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:53 AM
Absolute Fan

I have been a fan of DWTS for many years, but I have to say that this season of the adult version has been rather boring to watch for me, none of the couples this season have been particularly interesting for me, I watched the first 3 episodes this season and just can't be bothered to watch the rest.

On the other hand, I am so loving the new juniors version that just premiered a few weeks ago! I love the junior pros, they're all very talented kids and I like most of the child contestants too, these kids are so cute and some of them are actually quite good dancers, I enjoy watching most of them Except for Honey Boo Boo, she's the only one I dislike and it's painfully cringy to watch her "dance", just no I wish she had been eliminated first, the other kids who have already been eliminated were all better dancers than her and more likable, yet Honey Boo Boo is still on...I hope she's the next to go.
Anyway I find the juniors version to be much more entertaining and fun compared to the adult version, I'm definitely enjoying the juniors version a lot more My favourite junior couples so far are Sky & JT and Ariana & Artyon, I think they are some of the best dancers, I especially love the Sky & JT pairing the most, I think they have the best chemistry out of all the junior pairings

As for the current season of the adult version, I lost interest after ep 3, and I don't really care about the rest...I think I'll just skip the rest of the season and wait for the finale just to see who wins.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Linda!

At this point, I’m almost watching out of obligation, and I want to see how far Joe gets. Also, sometimes, I’m just watching for the pros (Lindsay, Witney, Sharna, Sasha, Alan), and if they get a partner I’m actually enjoying, BONUS!

You should at least check out this week’s Disney Night because they’re doing a “crossover” with the Juniors Edition, so it might be kinda interesting/entertaining.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Linda! I cannot get into at all either.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It’s funny, because this is the first season in a long time I’m actually watching.

I am excited for the juniors episode tonight. Those kids are fun to watch!
ICON
Old 10-21-2018, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ Oh the irony!
Old 10-21-2018, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Glad you’re liking this season, April!

2 nights in a row of Disney Night!

Old 10-21-2018, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I missed some performances for the Juniors version tonight, but I remain impressed as hell by these kids’ abilities to perform.
ICON
Old 10-21-2018, 08:28 PM
Absolute Fan

Glad I'm not the only one who is not enjoying S27 of the adult version

Quote:
Originally Posted by very close talking (View Post)
At this point, I’m almost watching out of obligation, and I want to see how far Joe gets. Also, sometimes, I’m just watching for the pros (Lindsay, Witney, Sharna, Sasha, Alan), and if they get a partner I’m actually enjoying, BONUS!
LOL I always watch DWTS for the pros mostly, because usually I don't even know most of the "stars" they get, but I really like most of the pros, I am especially a fan of Val, Sharna, Lindsay & Alan, so yes I mainly just watch for the pros too of course if I like their partners too then that's just the icing on the cake.

So I just watched this week's Disney ep of the juniors version and again another great ep, I just love watching most of these kids dance, and again some of them performed wonderfully. And my fav pairing Sky & JT nailed their dance yet again, that contemporary piece to that Moana song was so beautifully choreographed by Alan and performed so well by Sky & JT, their performance was so clean and their emotion really shined through and came across as genuine to me, I always love watching them dance and their chemistry together is just so amazing, for me personally Sky & JT are definitely the best couple! But it annoys me that the judges keep underscoring Sky & JT's dances, ever since week 1 they've been underscoring them, their previous 2 dancers deserved better scores, and their contemporary routine this week deserved at least a 9! But at least their scores this week were higher than previous weeks. I really hope they make it to the finals!

But like I said I enjoyed some of the other performances too, Ariana & Artyon's Samba was good too, Mackenzie and Miles performed well too.
But I'm so annoyed that Honey Boo Boo is still on the show, WTH is wrong with the audience? They eliminated kids who were more likable and better dancers yet they keep this annoying fat girl who can't dance yes I really don't like Honey Boo Boo.

Last edited by LindaL100; 10-22-2018 at 12:42 AM
Old 10-22-2018, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think she should have gone home, too, Linda, but let’s refrain from criticizing her weight. She’s just a kid.

Sky is a wonderful little performer, and her message to young girls last night was so inspiring! Some of these kids are just great role models to their fans.
ICON
Old 10-22-2018, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Thanks for everyone's thoughts!

Yes, let's please refrain from any personal attacks on the contestants, especially the Juniors. It's not necessary. Critiquing/criticizing their dancing is fine.

I really love Mackenzie & Sage and Ariana & Artyon.

Miles' Charleston was really good last night.

Quote:
Sky is a wonderful little performer, and her message to young girls last night was so inspiring! Some of these kids are just great role models to their fans.
Cute little message, but what about the boys? In today's "Me Too"/"Future is Female" movement, people are forgetting that men/boys should have just as much of a say/chance as women and males are sexually abused/harassed, also. I'm all about "girl power" and I'm glad Sky can inspire some girls to get out there, I just wish people would quit making men so inferior to women. I know women have struggled with that for years (being inferior to men), so they should know not to make men feel that way. Now, it's switching, and it's not "equal rights" anymore.

Sorry for my rant. Carry on.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:09 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I think she should have gone home, too, Linda, but let’s refrain from criticizing her weight. She’s just a kid.

sorry for my harsh comments about Honey Boo Boo, I just dislike her so much sometimes I can get a bit carried away with my criticisms, it really frustrates me that she's still on the show when other better and more deserving kids are eliminated
There's clearly some bias favouritism from the judges towards Honey Boo Boo, because she's obviously not staying on the show because of her "dancing" abilities that's for sure, they seem to give her undeserving high scores mainly because they like her personality for some weird reason that I can't understand, and clearly the audience is also voting for her but not for her "dancing" either. Anyone who is not blind can see that Honey Boo Boo is by far the worst performer out of the bunch, and what annoys me so much is that I think deep down all the judges and the audience know that yet they still give her high scores and vote for her anyway to keep her on, while other more deserving and better kids are eliminated, it's outrageous IMO

Sky is definitely one of the best dancers out of the bunch, she has great musicality and she's so clean and sharp and fluid with her technique, and that's surprising for a young girl who had no prior dance training at all you can tell that she's so dedicated, focused and really listens to Alan and JT's teachings & instructions. For someone who had no prior dance training, Sky has alot of talent and potential, at this stage I think she really deserves to be in the finals, I will go so far as to say that I hope she & JT win the whole competition!
And yes her message to young girls was so touching, she is so inspirational, and not just for young girls, I've come across some grown adults who have said that Sky inspires them
Old 10-22-2018, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Thanks for apologizing, Linda. No worries. I know we can get carried away with comments when contestants we don’t like keep getting farther & farther in the competition.

I like Sky, but she’s not my favorite... Ariana, Miles, or Mackenzie are who I am rooting to win!