Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-05-2004, 09:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Can you really manufacture love?

I was watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad with my sister tonight and honestly, that show is pathetic. I can't believe some of the ridiculous things these women (and "the dad") say. How can they honestly say they have such strong feelings for each other? They've known each other for probably no more than a week or so and all they know is superficial stuff. Even on their dates...they don't talk about anything real. Just stupid stuff. Maybe they like each others looks, but marriage goes way beyong looks.

I just think it's all a bunch of crap. And the fact that they have lie detector tests and reveal all these "secrets" just shows that there is no buildup of trust.

Well do you think the contestants are REALLY looking for love? Are they just naieve to think that they can basically FORCE themsevles to fall in love with someone? Or is it the viewers that keep fueling these shows?

Don't get me wrong, I love realty TV, but I think all these Bachelor'esque shows are getting REALLY old. Bring back the Mole and good ones like that!
Old 07-06-2004, 12:58 AM
Loyal Fan

They're pretty funny to laugh at at times, though. =P It's a lot about editing too, which you have to keep in mind.

However, I agree with you. As much as I get a kick out of watching the stupid drama on FLOM, etc., give me The Mole or AR any day over a "love story" show. They really ought to bring back a regular Mole.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:02 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by twinkie*princess
[B]It's a lot about editing too, which you have to keep in mind.
, that's the understatement of the year! It was so ridiculous at the end of Who Wants to Marry Dad when they quick flash on the screen that the house they are in isn't even the familys home AND the daughters may have consulted with producers regarding which woman they ask to leave.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Addicted Fan

Who Wants to Marry My Dad is so ridiculous. I watched an episode and couldn't stand a single person on the show. The daughters are all bitches who expect the women to kiss their asses; the women are all bitches desperately grasping for that wonderful reality-tv cliché, the "connection"; and the dad is an ******* who's just glad he gets to be a "playa" on tv in his middle age.

The Mole, however, was awesome. They need to bring it back. But only if Anderson Cooper was the host again, which he wouldn't be cause he has his own show now.

icon credit
Old 07-07-2004, 06:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

Reason #1 to why I won't watch the Bachelor(ette) series that are centered around making matches and marriages. They hardly ever work. Forced relationships especially those that there are producers looking on at all times are a crock.

I watched the first few but just couldnt take it anymore after whichever one had Ryan and Trista. But I did dig Bachelor Bob.