Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2018, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

at least Omarosa the loon didn't win.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They should have done an eviction Saturday night instead of a recap.

Though I feel the second place finisher probably should have won based on gameplay, I was really going to be satisfied with whomever won. What an enjoyable season. I would like to see the regular Big Brother take notes from this: Not every cast member needs to be in their 20s and looking for a showmance, the season doesn’t need to be super long, and don’t direct them to be so over the top in the diary room. Just let them be themselves.

I do think that we will see more CBB seasons in the future. This seemed to be a success for CBS and the BB fandom alike.

ETA: So glad about the winner of America’s Favorite Houseguest!
ICON
Old 02-26-2018, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Aren’t recap episodes always pointless, Alexa? I liked the segment with Marissa, though.

I think both Ross & Marissa were deserving of the win, so Ross getting AFH was great. Marissa didn’t win as many challenges as Ross, but she stayed loyal to him ‘til the end (a la Amber winning Survivor?)

I wish James could have gone just a little bit farther, but I enjoyed seeing him play! Brandi was way too harsh on him. Her drinking was way too much. He got 2nd place in every single HOH competiton, without ever winning one.

I’d almost take another 3 week celebrity season this summer over a 3 month regular season... Even if there was some drama, people weren’t harsh, vulgar, condescending (except maybe Brandi towards James ), and they were nice to each other. You’d think you wouldn’t expect that from “celebrities”, but to me, it actually made it more enjoyable? Maybe that’s what’s missing in the regular season: actually nice, caring people. I know that’s not always what people want to see, but it could help. There could still be some lying & game play going on (I mean, it is BB! ), but not be so harsh with each other. Other people may find that boring, but I might actually enjoy it!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Last edited by Always & Forever; 02-26-2018 at 02:30 PM
Old 02-26-2018, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m with you on that, totally. In BB19, what turned so many people off was how ugly and personal it all got. It seemed like, every single day, there was some new houseguest exhibiting reprehensible behavior or saying something disgusting. (I will never get over what Jason said about Kevin’s wife and kids. Never.) With the celebs . . . it was strategic, and there was some backstabbing, but it never got super personal and never sank to that ugly level. Even James and Brandi . . . their feud was more entertaining to me than anything else, and really, they were fine at the finale.

There were a lot of different people to root for this season because they were nice.
ICON
Old 02-26-2018, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Well said, April!

Old 02-26-2018, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

Well...I have this to say about the celebrities being "nice" to each other.

They weren't together as long as the regular season BB cast.
They are used to having to be nice to people they don't really like. Being in the public eye, they're always conscious of how they are being perceived. (most of them, anyway)
Old 02-27-2018, 12:19 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I’m with you on that, totally. In BB19, what turned so many people off was how ugly and personal it all got. It seemed like, every single day, there was some new houseguest exhibiting reprehensible behavior or saying something disgusting. (I will never get over what Jason said about Kevin’s wife and kids. Never.) With the celebs . . . it was strategic, and there was some backstabbing, but it never got super personal and never sank to that ugly level. Even James and Brandi . . . their feud was more entertaining to me than anything else, and really, they were fine at the finale.

There were a lot of different people to root for this season because they were nice.
Yeah, the bullying, gang mentality, and personal attacks last season was one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Along with everyone being spineless sheep just handing Paul the end. I didn't watch celebrity BB but I'm glad to hear it was enjoyable and people actually played (which was one of the many problems last season) plus it being short and sweet sounds like a plus. I knew they were going to rig it to keep Omarosa around as long as possible though. Regular BB is too damn long now. I'll never understand why they started doing it in late June. When it started in mid July the seasons didn't feel so drawn out and torturous. Or maybe that also has to do with the awful houseguests they usually get every season now.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed this season. I love that it was a short season, it made it so much better. Maybe not THIS short, but it doesn't need to be as long as its been.

The celebs were pretty cool/funny. I enjoyed all of them! It was defintely fun to watch play out. One thing I didnt like though is that these people put more emphasis on being loyal compared to who played a better game.

Ross 100% played a better game but everyone was so bitter that he screwed them over/wasn't loyal. Shannon and Jame's votes particularly annoyed me because they were actual players. So that's annoying. However, I liked Marissa and I liked that she was loyal to Ross so I was okay with it. And Ross got favorite player so YAY! i loved what Ross said about being sorry he lied, but its big brother... WORD!
Old 02-27-2018, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m fkan (View Post)
Well...I have this to say about the celebrities being "nice" to each other.

They weren't together as long as the regular season BB cast.
They are used to having to be nice to people they don't really like. Being in the public eye, they're always conscious of how they are being perceived. (most of them, anyway)
That could very well be true. But let's keep it that way, so it does stay more enjoyable.

Maybe do a whole month/4 weeks next season?

Old 02-28-2018, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This video is so well done and pretty much sums up my thoughts:

ICON
Old 02-28-2018, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This video is so well done and pretty much sums up my thoughts:

ICON
Old 02-28-2018, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Thanks for sharing, April! I’ll check it out later!

Old 03-03-2018, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wish Ross won!! This was another case of a bitter jury screwing over the more deserving player.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalღcaliber (View Post)
I wish Ross won!! This was another case of a bitter jury screwing over the more deserving player.
I think it was stupid that Marissa won, after NEVER winning anything in the house. she floated, and then won, because people got mad at Ross for lying.

so stupid.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Agreed! ^