Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2018, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Big Brother #9: Hashtag #Shocker!

*Disclaimer: Live Feeds are considered spoilers, and any Live Feed talk should be kept to the spoiler thread on the Spoilers board here or kept under spoiler tags in this thread, but there shouldn't be a lot of spoiler tag talk on the Reality TV board.

past threads;
Big Brother: Season 5 #3
Big Brother: Season 6 #4
Big Brother: Season 7 #5
Big Brother: Season 8 #5
Big Brother: Season 9 #3
Big Brother: Season 10 #1
Big Brother: Season 11 #1
Big Brother: Season 12 #1
Big Brother: Season 13 #2

general threads;
#1 (seasons 14-15)
#2 (season 15)
#3 (season 16)
#4 (season 16 continued)
#5 (season 17)
#6 (seasons 17-18)
#7 (seasons 18-19)
#8 (celebrity edition; season 20)
#9 (season 20 continued)

future titles;
“In the midst of all this craziness, I just can’t stop thinking: This chin strap is really working for me.” -John
"It's BBside high. I see Kelly, I see Jessie, I see a bunch of Screeches. Where’s my Zach Morris at?” - Jason
"You mess with one sister, you mess with both of us." - Julia

Last edited by Always & Forever; 09-05-2018 at 03:11 PM
Old 08-05-2018, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

From the Previous Thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Alexa, watch that video. It made me realize that I’d come to think of floaters totally inaccurately over the years. I think floating might be one of the most difficult strategies to pull off, actually. But coasting in the other hand . . . that’s the boring one.

I’m sure Tyler didn’t just base his alliance on how hot people were. So far they’ve been loyal and a lot more level-headed than the other side of the house. Foutte might be one of the most unaligned alliances ever. Week after week, they’re blindsided. It’s hilarious. Probably doesn’t help that they’ve got Bayleigh as their leader now. I want Hayleigh to break away from them. She has potential as a player.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Thanks, Millie!

Nominations tonight! And will the Hacker Comp affect them?!

Big Brother: Julie Chen on that awkward Rachel interview | EW.com

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Last edited by Always & Forever; 08-05-2018 at 12:53 PM
Old 08-05-2018, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ I know the spoilers but will refrain from posting them for now until the episode airs.

Looks intense with this new 'hacker comp' though.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just dont see floating as that difficult because usually if there are two sides they go against each other and anyone in the middle kinda skates by. Like JC is doing right now. Eventually the game comes to them unless they are purely just viewed as weak and then idk... I just dont think they are big players.

Foutte is a mess of an alliance, i can agree with that. Theyve been winning a lot and had the potential to run the game if they werent so dumb lol.... But i still enjoy them more as PEOPLE and enjoy watching them more. L6 wouldnt be so bad imo but i couldn't stand winston, I cant stand angela. Like really really cant stand her, shes just a very vile and mean person. I actually like Tyler and Brett and Kaycee fine, so if L6 thrives then I pray its those 3 that get to the end. I just need Angela to go. It does make sense why they all aligned though, they are all very boring people minus Rachel who had a lot of personality. The rest of them just kinda work out, and lay around all day and ive never seen angela or tyler get excited about anything really. But maybe Tyler is just downplaying a LOT in there because in the DR's he's a lot more upbeat.

I cant wait to see the results of the hacker comp, i hope they show it tonight! i think it would be great to end the episode with the person that won it.... but there is a lot of footage to show, a lot of stuff has gone down since HOH was won. I wonder how they will edit it together.

i know a lot of people dont watch feeds but wow, you really miss a lot of context behind what moves are made etc.

I will say this, if haleigh or tyler get evicted I probably wont be watching the feeds much anymore because I love both of them. (yes I still want tyler out, even though i love him, because i love haleigh more and i want her to win)

"What's wrong with Angela!?" is still going down in history as one of my favorite lines. That was incredible.
Old 08-05-2018, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So the hacker game is done and Surprise Haleigh wins and anonymously replaces Scotty with Tyler . But he has a power app to take himself off the Block. Good shock move Since nobody figured Tyler will be put up . I bailegh is becoming more unlikable to me . After the Segnent outside of big brother with her parents, Thought she would come off as a nicer person. Yeah I understand it’s a game of power and manipulation. See how this all plays out

Last edited by Logan; 08-05-2018 at 06:38 PM
Old 08-05-2018, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think floating would be a tremendously difficult strategy, because it’s so easy to get caught and get your game blown up because of it. The idea behind floating is that you don’t just skate by in the middle. You actively switch loyalties based on who is in power, which requires covering up your moves and making people believe they can trust you even if they suspect they can’t. Coasters are the ones who just skate by in the middle, usually on the basis of not being a competition or strategic threat.

Dammit. I had a feeling towards the end there that Tyler would be nominated. Good on Haleigh for winning that competition and being smart enough to put him up, though. She proves that she really is the only smart, game-savvy person on that side of the house (Scottie sometimes is). She wasn’t quite right that he’s playing the middle (he’s actually just been playing her alliance), but she was right that he hasn’t been noticed. Well, now anyone who feels like he’s had it too easy so far can see if he’s able to get out of this one.

Regardless of whether he wins veto or not, I do believe Tyler has what it takes to survive this week. (His houseguests’ reactions show how much they genuinely like him.) Allison Grodner is going to **** herself if this hacker twist ends up being responsible for eliminating one of the more popular players in recent memory.
ICON
Old 08-05-2018, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good point Matt! I also agree April with your comments in regards to Floaters vs Coasters, there’s a difference for sure.

For me this season, Kaycee is a Coaster while Tyler is a Floater, doing the dirty work.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

That was a PHENOMENAL EPISODE. Wow, loved everything about it. It was so good.

Firstly, sucks to see Scottie and Rockstar on the block being that are part of the alliance that i like, but I wasnt surprised and it wasnt necessarily a bad move on blandgela's part.

It was ridiculous that the Hive didnt know that JC was the one that flipped. Like, the trust in him is so ridiculous. Tyler was smart for covering his vote, very smart. That was a good move there, I can give him that credit. The Hive just suck as an alliance though. I love them but wow, they have zero trust in one another, its sad. When Bay was going off on Rockstar... that was so annoying. I remember watching that the night it happened and being so angry with her because i felt terrible for Rockstar. Rockstar has been nothing but loyal to her alliance. And she was confused on the vote too.

I was so glad they showed Sam being a total nut job the night she offered to 'win' the hacker competition. That entire conversation and pitch was THE FUNNIEST THING ever because ever single houseguest was thinking that Sam was a total nut job, which she is. I actually believe she would have thrown the competition but come on, to think people would actually trust each other? Really? Girl isn't even playing big brother, she is just there to protect Tyler. She is so annoying.

I loved that they were giving Angela the bitch edit because thats what she is, a bitch. She was digging at Rachel for being 30. Girl, she looks better than you do honey! And hate to tell you this but you'll be 30 in 4 years so, shut up. Shave yo mustache before you go around digging at other people maybe? Not to mention she's the most dull persnon in that house everrrrrr. She talks so much crap and then is so fake to peoples faces, I really hate her.

Surprise, surprise, Brett flopped at another comp. But his anallice was so funny. I also loved Scotties "sexual favors" and looking at Brett... that was funny too.

The hacker comp was amazing, I loved it. The competition itself I thought was fairly easy, I personally feel like I could have gotten at least 3 points in there but it depends on how fast they typed them in? They didnt show the time so i dont know. i got them pretty quickly when I was watching though. YAS HALEIGH. Her fist pump when getting the final question was AMAZING. I loved watching her win. She is so pretty and adorable and I want to see more of her on the show because on the feeds I just love her so I am glad shes finally getting the screentime she deserves.

Putting up Tyler was amazing!! The best move she could have made. I'm so impressed with her for not only noticing Tyler was playing the whole house but also for having the guts to actually do it! She should have pulled off Rockstar though and put up Tyler instead but I think she wanted to cause a lot of confusion on who the hacker actually was. of course I am a bit sad because I do like Tyler and I dont really want him to go home just yet, but I think it would be a powerful move for her and her game. If Tyler goes, what will his little minions do without him? On top of that, it would balance the power even more. Foutte really are the underdogs here because right now with JC and sam, its really more like 6 against 5. But scottie isn't even really with that side I don think.... :/ Bummer. That group is going to be targeted for sure. I dont necessarily care about anyone there but scottie and haleigh but watching dumb ass L6 run the house would really be disappointing.

My BB's Tyler and Haleigh making all the power moves in this game... man I wish they would just freaking align with one another. They were close in week 1.

Calculating it though there is a better chance for someone on the foutte side to go home because if anyone in L6 gets veto, they are taking tyler down. then angela will put up another foutte member and so one will go home regardless. But if anyone in the other side gets it, then they are going to keep noms the same. And with haleigh being able to cancel a vote, they would have actually have the votes FOR ONCE to keep rockstar. if scottie, bayleigh, haleigh and fessy all voted for rockstar to stay, then tyler would go home. he would only have jc, kaycee and brett (lets pretend haleigh cancels sams vote). So he'd be gone.

So its one or the other.

Quote:
But he has a power app to take himself off the Block.
He can't. He has to use his app before nominations. He can't do anything about the hacker nomination but win the veto. Or have someone win it and pull him off.

Last edited by Alexa; 08-06-2018 at 12:11 AM
Old 08-05-2018, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My biggest annoyance this season is how Bayleigh talks down to people, it's very frustrating.

SPOILER: WARNING DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW WHO WINS VETO!

Spoiler:
Old 08-06-2018, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The hacker competition . . . I liked the competition itself, because we as viewers could play along. And we got Brett spelling “anal lice” and snickering, which was just awesome.

The hacker power is WAY overpowered, though. It rivals the HOH’s power and can be done anonymously, and that was a far less difficult competition to win than what Angela won. I think it would have been better if only the Veto nom and vote elimination were part of the power.

I’m glad Haleigh won, if only because I do like her and she’s the only person on that side of the house I like. She made a big move for sure, but it’s risky for her game if she gets found out. I don’t think she would have done that had it not been anonymous. I’m sure the plan will be to pin the blame on Scottie, which could work, but it could also turn Scottie against them.

Bayleigh needs to go. Can’t stand her. Poor Rockstar, sitting there feeling just as devastated, and then Bayleigh blames her, snaps at her and tells her to shut up. Honestly, Rockstar focuses all her animosity on Brett, but from what I’ve seen, her own alliance member is being just as horrible to her.

I didn’t like what Angela said about Rachel, but gameplay-wise . . . I love her manipulating Bayleigh, and this sudden emergence of Ice Queen Angela has been really fun for me as a viewer.

I also still think JC is playing really well.

Sam’s house meeting was hilarious because her idea was one of the most ridiculous ideas ever. I think she was being genuine, but she was also being
ICON
Old 08-06-2018, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was all a little crazy to be honest. The sad part about Sam's speech is I think she really was trying to be genuine and keep the peace even if it was sort of ludicrous to think people would just hand it over.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

OH, NO!! TYLER!! Sad that he got put on the block, but don’t blame Haleigh for doing it. Smart move on her part, and it looks like she can pin it on Scottie, which sucks for him, but still good gameplay. I wonder who she gets to play Veto (herself?) and whose vote she’ll take. Brett’s? Tyler’s, if he comes off the block?

When did Bayleigh attack Rockstar and what did she say?... I must have missed that part. And then, Bayleigh was like attacking Brett, and he was like, “Dude! You’re the one that put me on the block.” She’s gone cray cray. I can’t stand her & I hope she goes soon!

Sam’s “house meeting” was hilarious. No one was on board with that idea.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bayleigh was accusing Rockstar of not being loyal and when Rockstar was trying to explain herself, as she was loyal, Bayleigh was just rude and was like, "shut up" etc.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Gah! I can’t stand her anymore. I’m almost starting to like Rockstar & root for her over Bayleigh now.