Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

The Bachelorette: DeAnna gets a second chance at love!

DeANNA GETS A SECOND CHANCE AT LOVE WHEN SHE
BECOMES "THE BACHELORETTE" THIS SUMMER ON ABC

Millions of viewers watched DeAnna Pappas, 26, suffer through a painful, last-minute
rejection by Brad Womack on the last season of The Bachelor -- earning her the sympathy
of women everywhere. Now DeAnna will have the last laugh as the tables are turned and
she gets to choose from among 25 bachelors in her own bid for true love, when The Bachelorette
returns to the ABC lineup this summer. This is the fourth edition of the female version of
ABC's popular romance reality series.

The brunette, brown-eyed real estate agent from Newnan, Georgia, became an immediate
fan favorite and she was the final woman remaining on the finale of The Bachelor in November.
The ending proved to be a huge shocker, though, when Womack didn't select any woman --
the first time in "Bachelor" history.

DeAnna demonstrated her assertiveness and independent nature during The Bachelor,
setting her apart from the other women. She is an interesting combination of Greek ancestry
on her father's
side and a mix of many ethnicities -- including Native American -- on her mother's.
Growing up in Kentucky with her older brother, Thomas, and younger sister, Chrissy,
DeAnna's parents divorced when she was six. Her mother's ultimately fatal battle with cancer
meant that DeAnna was raised primarily by her aunt and grandmother, and when her mother
died -- DeAnna was 12 -- she moved to Georgia to live with her father.

Given this family history, DeAnna wants to make sure that she gets married and plays an
active part in her children's lives. She truly believes, after coming so close on The Bachelor,
that she will be able to find that special someone from the 25 lucky guys on The Bachelorette.

Hosted by Chris Harrison, The Bachelorette is produced by Next Entertainment in association
with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss, David Bohnert and Martin Hilton are the executive
producers.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

post away

I'm super excited for this one
Old 05-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Absolute Fan

Me too!
Old 05-19-2008, 07:16 AM
Total Fan

I am really really excited for Deanna too!!! I love watching the guys try to win the girl over. The girls are always so catty I usually can't stand the majority of them. The guys are usually all fun.

I have high hopes for this one!!
Old 05-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Master Fan

yeah there's not a whole lot of cattiness
Old 05-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Usually I'm not into the bachelor/ette shows...but I watched this one and it was good. I couldn't keep the guys staight though. Is the single dad still in it? I liked him.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 05-19-2008, 10:27 PM
Ali
Master Fan

Aw, I'm gonna watch this season.
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Master Fan

I`m watching.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

I saw the first hour of this and think these guys are very nice looking and i hope it works out with the one she picks.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 05-20-2008, 09:40 AM
Master Fan

I wasn't going to watch it I swear. But then I acciddentally recorded it so I watched since it was there. And I find myself liking Deanna. And Bachelorette's usually not as bad as the guys cause we know how non-commital guys are and really it's about ego and appearance. Whereas I believe as much as girls like appearances in the end it's not all about that. They want the heart of the guy.

So with that, I have to say there were some really creepy guys on the show. Not creepy stalker, but some really odd weird ones. OMGosh! And she even picked a couple of them.

I have a feeling with the clips of the coming episodes that I know who it's going to come down to. I mean I think ABC is kind of dumb to do that. You can tell who these guys are. They don't all look alike.

But in the end I think it will end up being very dramatic. Like when in one clip Deanna calls out all of the guys for doing something, not sure what, and just gives them her two cents about being actually serious about this. Awesome. As if THAT isn't going to be fun to watch.

Overall, I'm getting a feeling for most of the guys. Jason who is the single dad, he's nice and sweet and all, but I don't know that he's the guy for her. Ryan the christian football player, as much as I'm all for the guy who is 'waiting for the right one' and saving himself I just don't think they are going to gel well. I don't see them having a lot in common and just the chemistry. The big contenders I think in this show are Graham, Jesse, the science teacher, and one other guy. I forget his name and what he does...

But it will definitely be interesting to watch. We'll see how it goes. I hope it's not predictable.

I really feel badly about the Canuck in the crowd though. I don't see him getting very far. I'm a Canuck (it amused me to see that they allowed a Canadian in the group) myself and I just felt awkward when he dived into the pool and came out naked. Dude, not the way to go!

It's things such as these that I have a hard time believing some of these guys are in it for REAL.

Ooooh the nameless guy that I also pick for the running is the racer/motorcycle dude!

Anyways my thoughts...I'm really on a sugar high so I'm rambling right now.
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 05-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Master Fan

good rant

i liked the first episode. Should be a good season . There are a few guys who I like already, Richard the science teacher, Jeremy the first, first impression rose one, Graham the basketballer, Jesse the skateboarder, Jason the dad, and one more who I can't remember.

Some of them were really odd looking. their faces looked like plastic and their hair was overhighlighted.

ETA: love the idea of the guys having to stay in bunks.

Last edited by blonde bombshell; 05-20-2008 at 10:31 PM
Old 05-23-2008, 07:33 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
love the idea of the guys having to stay in bunks

I watched. I think I like Graham the best so far. But, of couse we haven't really seen much of anyone so far. And yeah, some of the guys were really weird.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

Mel: Graham is my favorite, too. I thought he was adorable and seemed to click with DeAnna right off the bat.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't watch her season of the Bachelor, but she seems great!
Old 05-23-2008, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

I loved her on her season