Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

The Bachelor:: Jesse Palmer

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] I just watched the season premiere of The Bachelor: Jesse Palmer and decided to start this thread!

So, I have a couple of questions to get the discussion (sp?) rolling...

1. Who do you think is the spy?

<-Katie
2. What would you have done in Katie's place, stay or go? How would you feel if that had happened to you?

Trish->
3. What did you think of Trish?

<-Karen
4. Do you think it was right on Jesse's part to "go back" on his decision, or should have he stay the way it was letting Karen go?

5. If you were The Bachelorette and you had to give a "First Impression Rose" to one of the bachelors, who would you give it to: Alex, Aaron, Andrew, Bob or Jesse? Why?

6. How do you think the spy come out in the open?

7. Who do you think is the "stalker"?

8. Who do you think are going to be the final two girls?

[ 04-07-2004: Message edited ¤}{îÖ¤ ]
|| Manny/Craig
(degrassi) || Maria/Michael (roswell) || Meredith/Derek (ga) || PJ/Bobby (mb) || Rachel/Ross (friends) ||
Old 04-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm still watching it but I have to say a few things:

Thank you ABC for finally getting someone attractive.

And...OMG Tiki was there! I love Tiki oh so much.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:33 PM
Ultimate Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] well, he's cute alright, but i still prefer Andrew. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

btw, i hope no one "spoils" themselves after reading the discussion (sp?) questions & pictures i just posted, being that we're all in different time zones; mine's EST.

i'll be back later to answer the questions [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
|| Manny/Craig
(degrassi) || Maria/Michael (roswell) || Meredith/Derek (ga) || PJ/Bobby (mb) || Rachel/Ross (friends) ||
Old 04-07-2004, 09:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

I have to admit to watching 1/2 of tonight's episode and I think the spy is the annoying cheerleader girl with the dark hair. She seems like she's acting way too happy and being fake.

And I'm glad they finally found a bachelor who is good looking enough to be held up to you girls' LOFTY standards. I guess only an NFL quarterback is good enough for you.
When people get the opportunity to talk about the real issues, it becomes clear how vacuous the present agenda is. I have never met anyone in Vermont who thinks it's a good idea to give tax breaks to billionaires and cut back on health care and education. Nobody.-U.S. Representative Bernie Sanders
Old 04-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Total Fan

Ok, my thoughts...
They could've cut it down to an hour, hour and half... I wasn't interested in the first 30 minutes at all, and after that a lot of what Jesse was saying was so redundant... it was a slooow premiere; however, the ENDING... wow! Fabulous, that truly was "the most dramatic rose ceremony ever," Chris finally got it right [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I think it would've even been more entertaining had Chris not given Jesse the option of keeping Katie at all... lol, can you imagine the horror? And she was soooo excited when her name was called, he didn't even ask her if she'd accept the rose, "yes yes yes, of course, yes!" Ha, that was pretty good ABC, I'll give them that.

No clue... I was talking to my dad, yes, my dad is an avid 'Bachelor' fan thanks to his Reality TV obsessed girlfriend, and we couldn't figure it out. I thought I could by the dress, but no one had that dress on so it's obviously in a later episode. Also, the voice was very distinctive and I thought I had it figured out... but that girl didn't get picked - who knows?!

2. What would you have done in Katie's place, stay or go? How would you feel if that had happened to you?

Knowing me, I would've left. I'm stubborn like that, though, I would've regretted it later. I would've felt absolutely mortified, as I'm sure anyone would, her whole "jumping up and down" when he said 'Katie' made it much worse.

Hate her.

4. Do you think it was right on Jesse's part to "go back" on his decision, or should have he stay the way it was letting Karen go?

Tough call, if it were me I'd forget about it and not try to take the rose back, that's way too embarrassing; however, you could tell he really liked Karen and was saving that last rose for her. From now on, future Bachelor(ette)'s should not save the last rose for the person they like a lot... my $0.02.

5. If you were The Bachelorette and you had to give a "First Impression Rose" to one of the bachelors, who would you give it to: GuyFromTheFirstSeason, Aaron, Andrew, Bob or Jesse? Why?

Bob. I think Andrew is the best looking but he isn't my type. I love guys with imperfections... I don't like really, really good looking guys, I'm more of a "hey, he's cute... look at those dimples" kinda girls. I've learned in my life that hot guys are usually only that... just hot guys.

PS - GuyFromTheFirstSeason... his name is Alex [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

No clue.

No clue... I think it's someone that has blonde hair though [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

If I only knew their names...

Lots of Love!
Heathyr

TEH LJ!

I'm on hold and waiting for the stars to align.

Gen: "You so deserve Lorelai. You would make GG more rockin' than it already is."
.I totally would - Lorelai, pick me!
Old 04-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] I could not stop laughing when Armani Toomer said that one of the girls looked like one of their teammates.

But yeah... This season looks pretty interesting with the spy and stalker and all...
Old 04-07-2004, 11:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

to answer my own questions...

Jenny S. because he didn't spend any time AT ALL with her during those 2 hours yet he picked her.

I think I would've left, my pride is above everything else. I would've felt really stupid after jumping up and down the way she did before he even asked her if she wanted the rose, poor girl, i definitely would've been crush (not necesarily for "losing him", but from the embarasment, she'll now will always be known as the girl-jesse-didn't-really-wanted.

i suppose it's not her fault he liked her best, or she left the best 1st impression or whatever. but yeah, i'm hating her at the moment [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

i think it was ok him trying to get Karen back in for the only reason that one of the girls is his spy, so he only had 14 love potential, this way he has 15. but it is really unfair for the rest of the girls whose names don't start with "K". [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

5. If you were The Bachelorette and you had to give a "First Impression Rose" to one of the bachelors, who would you give it to: GuyFromTheFirstSeason, Aaron, Andrew, Bob or Jesse? Why?
definitely Bob, on 1st impression only though. He's the type of man i'm usually attracted to. But after knowing the kind of flirt he turned out to be I'd pick Andrew. His eyes... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Jesse decides he doesn't need her anymore and doesn't give her a rose.

that i have no idea. i'll guess we'll know more next week [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

definitely Trish and ??? (don't know yet). Why? cause they made a BIG DEAL with the 1st impression thingy. and i remember Aaron dying over Helene after his 1st impression and that's who he ended up choosing, and Andrew's best 1st impression was the girl from FL who ended up being the runner-up in their season. So yeah, i'm thinking Trish and another girl who'll sneak her way into his heart [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]

G'night! [img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img]
|| Manny/Craig
Old 04-07-2004, 11:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by under the table and dreaming:
<STRONG>PS - GuyFromTheFirstSeason... his name is Alex [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] thanks [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
|| Manny/Craig
Old 04-08-2004, 03:52 AM
Supreme Fan

Did anyone else feel like it was awfully convenient for Jesse to get to let an extra girl stay while one of them is his spy? It didn't seem like a setup but does seem way too easy. He still gets to keep 15 girls plus his friend. *shrugs*

I have no idea who the spy is. I thought I did but she didn't get picked. And the stalker thing creeped me out.
Old 04-08-2004, 04:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

I dont usually watch these dating reality shows but how many total Bachelor/ettes is this one?
Old 04-08-2004, 08:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Well the person I thought it was did not get picked so now I don't really know for sure. I am not really good with the names yet so that makes it hard. I really don't think she will stay for that many eps though because he won't want to be seen kissing her or anything seeing as she is his best friend's wife.

2. What would you have done in Katie's place, stay or go?
I would have went, because I would have wanted to trust his judgement. I think I would have been way too hurt to even think of staying

Hmm I am really judgemental and I don't like her at all. I know she said she didn't want to rub things in but I think she did anyway. I have a feeling she will be this season's LeAnn or Kirsten and I will be screaming at her on the screen a lot.

I think he did the right thing because in the end you have to follow your heart on these shows or you won't be happy. I could tell that he felt awful about what he did though.

Bob, because he is the type of guy that I am attracted to and I really liked him a lot when I first saw him on the Bachelorette

I also think that it will happen after Jesse doesn't think that he needs her anymore. I have a feeling that the girls are not going to be very happy with Jesse when they find out.

I can't really judge that right now because we don't know the girls that well yet.

I have no clue, I don't like to decide that until a few more episodes in when we can see the ladies' personalities.

Personally I think the spy thing is an interesting twist this season and it should make things a little more interesting. I thought the premiere (at least the end) was one of the best I had seen in awhile. If they can keep this amount of drama up throughout the season I will be really happy.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Janelle
Old 04-08-2004, 10:33 AM
Passionate Fan

I will answer to the questions later but I have to say I was very very very surprise to see Anne-Catherine because she is from where I am from. I live in Quebec also... I do not know her at all but maybe I did since we have almost the same age. The weirdest thing is that I don't understand how she got there because when I was looking at the application for Bob, we in Canada couldn't apply. Don't ask me why I wanted to meet Bob because after seeing him on the show I think he is the biggest jerk... LOL

Spoilers maybe....

I also think Anne-Catherine will make it pretty far in the game because in the previews we saw Quebec city and Le Château Frontenac. I believe Jesse and her came to a special date here so IMO she made it to the final 3... maybe more.

I think the girl looks way plastic but still cool to see her there. Jesse speaking in french was cute.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:59 AM
Loyal Fan

YAH FINALLY!!! someye candy Jesse Palmer what a hottie attractive piece of man ... thankie ABC ohh and about the spy conceopt!! thumbs up finally a twist !!! i think this will be the best out of all the bachelors seasons
Old 04-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Gleebo:
<STRONG>I dont usually watch these dating reality shows but how many total Bachelor/ettes is this one?</STRONG>
This is the 5th season of 'The Bachelor' and there have also been two seasons of 'The Bachelorette.'

Lots of Love!
Heathyr

TEH LJ!

I'm on hold and waiting for the stars to align.

Gen: "You so deserve Lorelai. You would make GG more rockin' than it already is."
.I totally would - Lorelai, pick me!
Old 04-08-2004, 06:02 PM
New Fan

I've been on the boards for a while but haven't been on for a long time!!

All I'll say is one of you is correct in terms of who the spy is...