Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-28-2005, 02:16 PM
Loyal Fan

The Bachelor: Charlie O'Connell in Manhattan

Monday, March 28, 9/8c
Season Premiere

Charlie O'Connell is a financially secure 29-year-old jack of all trades who enjoys a fantastic lifestyle and a love for life that is contagious. Charlie, a self-described fun loving "good guy," has long cherished his carefree bachelor lifestyle. However, amongst 25 beautiful bachelorettes, is there one girl who can stop Charlie in his tracks and inspire him to settle down?

This season will be unlike any other on The Bachelor, as we strip down some of the formalities and offer viewers a less structured version of the program. On the first day there will be no limos, no gowns and no traditional rose ceremony. This time there are no rules and anything can happen, as we give Charlie the opportunity of a lifetime to discover if love is out there waiting for him.

Anyone plan on watching? I am starting to think The Bachelor/Bachelorette are losing their appeal. It seems it's a huge struggle over the final people and then none of them end up together anyway. Oh, well, maybe it will be entertaining along the way. I saw one preview where the host tells the girls they have 5 minutes before meeting the bachelor...and they are all in low key clothing minus make-up & hair. So they wont all be beauty queens! They probably freak out.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

I am with you.... I think this show might be losing its appeal. I have been a diehard fan from the beginning but after the Jen season, I'm not sure I am even gonna watch this one.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay...after the disaster that was the Jen show...I swore off all Bachelor and Bachelorette shows. But as it got closer to 8 oclock tonite, I found that I was drawn to the show.

So I'm watching now. I just got through the first hour and I must admit that I'm hooked.

My thoughts on Charlie: I think that he's a big dork in a loveable way. I hope that the rumors that I've heard about him and his past are incorrect. So far, he seems pretty sincere about this. I'm enjoying his comments and sarcasm back to Chris Harrison. I'm optimistic!

My thoughts on the new format: I'm glad they are changing things up. I really liked how the girls had 5 minutes to get ready. That way Charlie saw the "real" person.

the girls:

Anitra looks like Eva Longeria. my boyfriend even asked me if I was watching Desperate Housewives.

Kindle! I've actually met her before. I had a close friend that was a Mavs cheerleader and Kindle was at her wedding. I remember her because she sounded like a man. But she was really sweet and outgoing. i think that what she did today was kinda bitchy when she just got into the car and she wasn't the one that was going on the date. but she has balls.

the labor nurse is cute with the pigtails.

the girl that wore her bikini was yuck!

the super model needs to go.

Siomora was too bossy

Sorry if this is kinda random.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually haven't watched in a few seasons, but this is the one i'm already hooked on. It's fun and Charlie is a cutie.

btw, what things have you heard?

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 03-28-2005, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

Wow, Charlie is amazing. I didn't think I would get hooked to another Bachelor because of the Bachelorette w/Jen but Charlie is awesome.

I knew Charlie look liked someone and then when I saw he was Jerry's brother, I immedaitely saw the resemblence. I hope the girls are there for the right reasons though, and don't use Charlie to get to Jerry, because I think some girls might try that. I like the whole rose thing, I think it's more realistic that girls can leave at any time or get a rose at any time. I think Charlie should be able to send a girl home as he choose, but then I guess there wouldn't be too much of a show.

There is one girl I really like but I can't remember her name now. She is kind of short, blonde hair, and wore it in like pigtails. I think she's really cute.

The 5 Minutes thing was genius although so girls, were just too obxinous in that whole scene.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 03-29-2005, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh'sTexasGal
I actually haven't watched in a few seasons, but this is the one i'm already hooked on. It's fun and Charlie is a cutie.

btw, what things have you heard?
I heard that he had a fairly serious girlfriend who he broke up with the day after he got the call telling him he was the next Bachelor.

I really hope it's not true.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just wanted to post who's left of the bachelorettes! I got pics from abc.com.

Sarah W.
She received the very first rose. She got hers during the two minute rapid dating.

Kerry
She received the second rose during the two minute rapid dating. (She looks old to me!)

Kindle
She snuck her way on to the date at the bar and it paid off.

Anitra
She was at the bar also and received a rose because everyone else asked for one. (She reminds me of Eva Longoria)

Krisily
She was body shot girl who received a rose at the nightclub.

Jenny
She received a rose at rock climbing.

Kimberley
Also received a rose at rock climbing date.

Sarah B.
Rose Ceremony. She is super cute.

Kara
Rose Ceremony. Single mom.

Carrie
Rose Ceremony

Gina Marie
Rose Ceremony

Megan
Rose Ceremony
Old 03-29-2005, 03:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

I forgot about it and didn't tape it.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterley
I forgot about it and didn't tape it.
Shame on you! Remember next Monday!
Old 03-29-2005, 10:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Honestly, I think the new season of the Bacholer is a huge dissapointment, on the whole. First of all, Charlie sorta seems like a jerk. At first, when they showed the promo, he was all sweet and saying he wanted to settle down and start a family. So I was like yeah he seems like a cool guy. By the end of the show he was definately not the guy I expected. He yapped the whole time about finding someone he could have fun with, and not once during the show did he mention settling down and having kids. Translation: he only wants a party girl. And its pretty clear thats all he wants since pretty much all the girls were party girls too and on their first group date they went dirty dancing at a club. Never heard any of the girls even mention finding love either. It's like for a minute there I forgot what this whole show was about: finding your soul mate and someone you could spend the rest of your life with. Instead it was like Elimidate, except with a lot more girls. And it being in his hometown makes it worse, since not only is he looking for a party girl, but in a place hes almost always at, taking away from the initial experinace of meeting different people in different places. Anyone could just go out and meet a whole bunch of party girls in NY. He might as well not even be on the show since he can do this on his own time, with no help, I'm sure.

Second of all, the new change of the show has totally altered it and taken away from the things that made it unique and fun in the first place. Now, since there's "no rules", the girls have got it in their head that this is a competition and nothing more. I seriously don't think the word love was even mention any of the girls. The word rose, however, was mentioned a lot - over and over again. This show used to be organized and have a meaning and purpose. Now it's just one big competition to see who can get the rose. How can I get the rose? What exteremes do I have to go to get a rose? And since there are no rules, its hard enough just to get 2 mins with Charlie, so the girls are encouraged - if not practically forced - to go to extremes to get some time with him. That takes away from the whole purpose of the show, and has brought in all this un-nessecary fighting and arguing.

I mean if I wanted to watch a bunch of girls fighting over a guy just to win a stupid flower, I would have tuned into something else. And Charlie seems to not care just as much as the girls. As long as he finds a fun girl, thats all that matters right. True love, eh, not for him.

So that my take on it (sorry its so long lol). I might continue to watch it if things get better. But so far it doesn't seem that great =/
TC Fan #1 ~ BSBer #2 ~ Lifer #3
Old 03-30-2005, 09:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks, **Courtney** for posting pictures of the girls who are left. I thought about it but was too lazy I guess.

I think Charlie has already made up his mind in Sarah W. We'll see. I think Kerry looks way old and her eyes buldge out. Krisily makes me immediately think 'white trash'. Just don't care for her. I think Kara, the single mom is history soon, too. He's not going to want to deal with a 9 year old! Sara B. is cute. Kindle is alright, but she reminds me of a college girl ready to party. The rest kind of blend into the woodwork so far.

I can't believe the girl who cried when she didn't get a rose. And I am so glad that Danushka(?) showed her true bitchy colors and Charlie let her go. I thought she was pretty until she opened her mouth.

Last edited by mollymac; 03-30-2005 at 10:01 AM
Old 03-31-2005, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymac
Thanks, **Courtney** for posting pictures of the girls who are left. I thought about it but was too lazy I guess.

I think Charlie has already made up his mind in Sarah W. We'll see. I think Kerry looks way old and her eyes buldge out. Krisily makes me immediately think 'white trash'. Just don't care for her. I think Kara, the single mom is history soon, too. He's not going to want to deal with a 9 year old! Sara B. is cute. Kindle is alright, but she reminds me of a college girl ready to party. The rest kind of blend into the woodwork so far.

I can't believe the girl who cried when she didn't get a rose. And I am so glad that Danushka(?) showed her true bitchy colors and Charlie let her go. I thought she was pretty until she opened her mouth.

What makes you think that Charlie has already made his mind up about Sarah W?

Krisily Why would you let someone you barely know do a body shot? No wait, why would even do a body shot?

Sarah B is my fav so far. She's so adorable.

I can't wait til Monday!
Old 04-02-2005, 03:58 PM
Extreme Fan

The only semi-cool thing is that my friend met Kimberley at an airport once.

I thought the show was boring, and Charlie isn't that impressive.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Does anyone here watch the View? Elisabeth on there said that she was walking in NY and saw Charlie with his arm around a girl, very cuddly like. The girls looked at her and said "so you know who he chose" and she just smiled. Of course she didn't say who it was, but apparently, he did choose one.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 04-03-2005, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stacy*
Does anyone here watch the View? Elisabeth on there said that she was walking in NY and saw Charlie with his arm around a girl, very cuddly like. The girls looked at her and said "so you know who he chose" and she just smiled. Of course she didn't say who it was, but apparently, he did choose one.
But...I heard that Charlie is dating the final two women until the Live Finale where he will choose one.