Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-18-2008, 03:01 PM
New Fan

The Baby Borrowers

Has anyone heard anything on the Baby Borrowers show on NBC yet? They give babies to teens for a few days at a time to give them a dose of reality. Would you give your baby to teens for something like this?! Or let your teens do it so they abstain from sex? And what about the sake of the baby? I have mixed opinions on it.

Last edited by blonde bombshell; 06-18-2008 at 11:10 PM
Old 06-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

it sounds funny.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm actually kind of execited to watch it. Im embrassed to admit it but these are the types of reality shows i love.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm pretty excited about this too tbh. Mostly because I love babies and have wanted to adopt one since I was about 13. I think I could do it though, but I'm curious to see how these kids fare.

meg | tumblr
Old 06-21-2008, 01:33 PM
New Fan

Yeah, I think it will surprise a lot of the teens involved, that's for sure... they just posted a new clip of one of the girls and looks like it's sunken in a bit:

The Baby Borrowers – NBC Official Site
Old 06-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Master Fan

I wanna watch this. It looks funny.

" It's birth control."

Old 06-24-2008, 09:48 AM
New Fan

I'm looking forward to this show! I know it is controversial and I want to see what all the hype is about. June 25th on NBC if you are interested.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:11 PM
New Fan

I saw the show and loved it! Can't wait until next week!!!
Old 06-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gah, does anybody know if it's available online? I couldn't watch it and I really want to see it.

meg | tumblr
Old 07-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

I saw the episode last night. It got annoying that they never showed the couples that were really doing a good job! But it's television... Alicea is a horrible girlfriend, and I don't even know why someone as selfish as her even wants to be a mom right now! She isn't ready, and that's obvious, and that's fine! It will be fun to watch them with toddlers... I can already see that one girl cracking (the one who said she was sick and wouldn't let her boyfriend go to work). If a baby got her that upset, I think a toddler might drive her crazy. However, the thing about this show that I really don't like is they are going to bring in teenagers at some point! These couples are only like 18 themselves, how in the world would they expect them to be able to know what to do with a 15 year old? Plus, it is a completely different story when you are trying to take care of someone else's child! I think the experimenting with a baby is a great idea for these teenagers that want babies, but much beyond that is just so unrealistic. I still enjoyed watching the show last night... but I don't think I would be able to give my baby to those couples for 3 days! I would have to intervene like that one mom did a couple times...
Old 07-06-2008, 11:12 PM
New Fan

So is it the same couples getting different aged babies or new couples every episode? I've been meaning to watch this but I always forget..
Old 07-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched the first episode online last night and loved it. I'm relived to know that WE is going to be airing the episodes Thursday at 10pm because now I'll be able to see them. Weds nights just don't work for me. At any rate, I really like this show a lot. Watching it I still don't doubt that I could do it. LOL.

I couldn't believe that one girl (Alseha or whatever) who just refused to touch the baby because of the mother. I mean the mom was a little rude I thought but COME ON you were telling the baby to starve. I also thought that the mother of Etta (the blonde) was extremely rude to Kelsey & her boyfriend when she went in there. Yeah, they were trying to put her down to bed without doing any sort of routine but I still thought that she could have went about it a little better then how she did. I probably would have cried if I was Kelsey.

meg | tumblr
Old 07-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseface (View Post)
So is it the same couples getting different aged babies or new couples every episode? I've been meaning to watch this but I always forget..
The same couples, I think!
Old 07-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yeah, I forgot to say. It's the same couples - you're right Jamie.

meg | tumblr
Old 07-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think this show is pretty entertaining! I was surprised that Kelly did such a good job with her baby. Wasn't she the one who refused to put on the fake belly in the beginning? LOL.