Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Passionate Fan

The Amazing Race 6 - November 16th on CBS!

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race6/

Wow it's already back...seems like the last one just ended...well it did! But I don't care..Survivor has been boring this season and I always love TAR!
Old 10-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the link. I saw a commercial for it last night.

Old 10-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Yahoo!! I'm so geeked for the new season!
Old 10-30-2004, 12:23 AM
Master Fan

I became a fan last season, I can't wait to see what is going to happen this season.
Old 10-30-2004, 07:53 AM
Master Fan

This show gets better each new race. Although the teams I root for usually never win.

Icon
Old 10-30-2004, 08:12 AM
Master Fan

I was so happy when I saw the preview for this! I started watching this last race and got hooked!! This show rocks... I'm so happy they aren't waiting until summer to start it again.

~Kim

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter
Old 10-30-2004, 03:57 PM
Absolute Fan

Yay, it's almost here! I am a little annoyed that a lot of the racers describe themselves as models. :eyeroll: I'm gonna be rooting for the regular people if I can.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PPD
This show gets better each new race. Although the teams I root for usually never win.
The teams I like don't win either. They're always just good enough to get second or third place.

Old 10-31-2004, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Survivor
I became a fan last season, I can't wait to see what is going to happen this season.
Same here. I hadn't really watched it before and I got totally hooked.

Visit Picture Confessions #2...it's all about secrets!
Old 11-02-2004, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so excited for the new season. I get so excited whenever I see a commercial.
The teams I want never win, but my 2nd choices have won.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

Coming soon....coming soon!!!

I hope the team I want to win will win again. Hehe.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Personally I thought TAR5 was pretty weak altogether so I am hoping for TAR6 to be much more entertaining.

I need some Oswald/Danny or Itchy/Scratcy or even Weezer/Geezer teams for me to get really into it.

They could bring back Blake/Paige...only this time substitute Blake with me....that would be my most favorite race ever.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i'm so glad we didn't have to wait too long to see the new season.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:22 AM
Master Fan

TV Guide has an article called "Five ways to make The Amazing Race even better!"

Quote:
Sure, The Amazing Race is a Top 20 hit and recently won its second Emmy award. It still wouldn't hurt to make a few small improvements to this show, which kicks off again on Tuesday. With that in mind, we asked three teams from last season - Chip and Kim McAlister, Colin Guinn and Christie Woods and Charla Faddoul and Mirna Hindoyan -- what changes they'd make.

1. YANK THE YIELDS The Yield allows one team to stop another from racing for a predetermined period of time. Executive producer Bertram van Munster says the Yield "puts in additional jeopardy." Woods disagrees: "It helped the ratings, but it makes [the race] less fun." The good news? Van Munster says that in the future, "We're doing a lot less of it."

2. PLAY MORE MIND GAMES Chip McAllister admits that it's entertaining to watch players carry 50 pounds of beef on their shoulders. Still, he says he'd like to see "more mental games." Hindoyan suggests th show "let people use more creativity." The producers don't prefer brawn to brans, but van Munster says, "we're doing a race around the world. You need forward motion." This season, he adds, "We'll have more thinking [challenges], but putting puzzles together is not what we do."

3. BAN THE BUNCHING Because many challenges can be performed only at specific times (the first available flight to Patagonia doensn't leave until 10:30 am, for example), the teams often bunch up, wiping out any advantage held by the leading team. "If you added up the hours we spent waiting, we would have finished two days before everyone else," Guinn says. But don't look for any change. "That's the reality when you travel," van Munster says. "We don't have the power to open [sites] early. And flight times are beyond our control."

4. STOP THE SCOFFLAWS Some teams seem to get ahead by ignoring speed limits or driving on road shoulders. "Rules were broken and no penalty was given," Faddoul complains. But the scofflaws do get punished, van Munster says - it's just that viewers and even other teams may not see it. "They'll get penalized," he insists. "We'll make [teams] leave later [on the next leg], so they'll lose a few minutes here or there."

5. REGULATE THE ROADBLOCKS Roadblocks are challenges that only one member is allowed to perform. The trouble is, the same teammate is often the only one to take on the toughest physical tasks. "I would have a rule where one person can't do a challenge more than two times in a row," Hindoyan says. The same thing bothered van Munster in the last race. In the future, he says, "[Each team member] can only do six roadblocks on the whole trip, so both people will have to do them."
It's no surprise that Colin/Christie didn't like the Yield! The most interesting part to me was that the teams get punished for breaking laws. I wish we saw more of the penalties. How funny that Mirna wants both people on a team to have to do roadblocks. She practically had to be forced to do them.

TV Guide also has a writeup of this week's show that starts out "If you thought Colin was obnoxious in Race's fifth running, get ready for Jonathan, a grating hothead and chronic whiner who constantly berates his poor wife, Victoria, and for no discernable reason considers himself "a mental magician."

Old 11-14-2004, 05:34 AM
Master Fan

Those are interesting suggestions. I think the Roadblock suggestion is good. I like the Yield. It was awesome to see Colin and Christie stopped.. hehehe

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter