Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-28-2002, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

What's Your Favorite Episode of Popular?

Mine's probably episode three (Under Siege). That's the one with Sam's editorial on the school football team (and cheerleaders) and their budget. Sam gets to be the influential journalist with a cause, her editorial shakes things up, there's plenty of skullduggery and back-stabbing, Nicole does her villain thing, Brooke's trapped in the mess (as usual) and her feud with Sam really gets off the ground nicely. Best of all, we get to see Carly portray Sam's grief when Nicole (helped by a slip of the tongue on Sam's part) frames Mr. Grant, Sam's number one supporter. Carly's great on grief. She makes it real, ensuring that Sam's feelings mean something to the audience. Somehow, to me, the episode's kinda classic Popular. Well, what's your favorite episode?

[ 11-24-2002: Message edited sum1 ]
Old 11-02-2002, 02:22 PM
New Fan

My favorite episode is definetely windstruck. Where Sam gets Josh a little too "excited" when she sits on his lap for a play and the whole school finds out that Josh and Brook are virgins. Brook and Josh get in a fight and Sam thinks Josh likes her and Harrison thinks Brook likes him. And 2nd place goes to when Mr. Glass puts on the play "the burning sensation", and the possesion of harrison john is also a favorite of mine.
Old 11-02-2002, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

"Windstruck"'s cool. Love the look on Carly's face when Josh ahem... reacts. Real fun chaos in that episode.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sandi once said her favorite was the one where the girls get locked in the Novak. That was a cool one. The situation of the girls being trapped together, forced to face each other and work out their problems, was hilarious and really got going. It was "Caged!", ep 15, 2/3/00. Another I liked a lot was "The Shocking Possession of Harrison John" (ep 34, 1/26/01). Finally, we get to see some real attitude from Harrison! Also, it had a great scene for Carly, where Sam faces down Harrison's "possession" and has a significant talk with him after. That one also had Josh doing a take on one of John Cusack's best known scenes from Say Anything. I was watching that movie the day I first saw Popular and first came across Carly. Another was "What Makes Sammy Run" (ep 21, 5/11/00), in which Sam runs away and finds Brooke's mother. I think it had some very useful material for Carly, which she took full advantage of. To me, that was one of the best episodes in terms of Carly's acting. Anyone have an episode they'd like to talk about?
Old 11-20-2002, 12:05 PM
Addicted Fan

you have a really good memory sum!

yeah that is my favorite. i think it worked out alot of problems the characters had with each other and unfortunately did start new ones
Old 11-20-2002, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Do you have any other favorites? Personally, anything in the 1st 7 episodes can count as a favorite of mine, because I really love the early stuff. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Not totally sure why. Probably a number of reasons, notably nostalgia for the beginning stages. I'm always getting nostalgic for the beginnings of things. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I mentioned previously the time Sam talked Harrison out of his "possession". Well, Sam did quite a bit of that sort of thing over the length of the show and I got a kick out of it every time. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] One example is in "Misery Loathes Company" (ep 30, 11/17/00), where Sam's being held prisoner by Mary Cherry [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] and she ends up taking control of the situation. Another is in "Are You There God? It's Me, Ann-Margret" (ep 31, 12/08/00), where Sam gets influenced by her role in a play and starts acting like her character, a stiff psychiatrist. She convinces Lily and Josh to be at ease with their bodies so that they cease to fear apppearing naked together in the play. When they actually do strip off, Sam faints. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 11-20-2002: Message edited sum1 ]
Old 11-21-2002, 11:08 AM
New Fan

don't tell me the episodes.. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
there's no fun if i know what's going to happen [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] j/k
Old 11-21-2002, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry, Zina. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It's just that we who've already had and tragically lost [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] our Popular need a little reminiscing to comfort our broken hearts [img]smilies/broken_heart.gif[/img] . If I think something I'm going to write will ruin the suspense, I'll try to put a spoiler warning in, so you can know what to avoid reading. How's that?
Old 11-22-2002, 10:58 AM
New Fan

thx sum [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

i can't wait until sunday to see the new episode of Popular!! [img]smilies/roller.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2002, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome, Zina. Just don't start rolling around like that smiley [img]smilies/roller.gif[/img] of yours, or you'll find watching real hard! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2002, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey Cassinho, what's your favorite episode of Popular, so far?

Mine's Under Siege.

[ 12-21-2002: Message edited sum1 ]
Old 12-21-2002, 08:04 PM
New Fan

My favorite episode's "Queen B", where they choice the Homecoming Queen of the year... On this ep, Carly showed to the public his dramatic talent on the scene of his dad's tomb...
My other fave ep is "Two Weddings and a Funeral", the last episode of teh season one... That's the one where the students of Kennedy High satirize other TV series... So funny! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

On the 2nd season, the eps thai I like are "Timber!", the first episode, "Joey Loves Mary Cherry", where Nicole connects Harrison and Mary Cherry, and Josh and Lily start a date... I also like "Mary Charity", the episode of the yearbook...

But the episodes that I really love is "Queen B" and "Mary Charity"...

Hey Sum, what's your fave character?!
Mine's Sam (obvious) and Harrison...
Old 12-21-2002, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Favorite character? Sam!

2nd fave? Sam!

3rd? Sam!

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2002, 09:18 PM
New Fan

Hehehe, you lil' funny... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Do you like Harrison? (as 4th fave character! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )
Old 12-21-2002, 10:32 PM
Addicted Fan

sam and harrison were definetly my favorites but i really did love all the characters [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

i actually almost started a site on christopher gorham as well [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]