Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-20-2004, 04:18 AM
Elite Fan

You're all set then

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 09-20-2004, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon last month, and I just got the e-mail that it's shipped. It should be here by Wednesday at the latest.

I could've stopped by Wal-Mart after work tomorrow, but I had a bad experience trying to get my Buffy S1 DVDs there. Turns out they open each box and put the little security thingee in, and sometimes they aren't too careful about banging up the discs.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Woah. I filled out a pre-order at half.com for Popular sometime in August because you can specify the condition you want (I specified brand new) and the maximum price you're willing to pay. I put down $23 with another 2.49 for shipping and I just came home to find my order was filled. However, I noticed the seller states the item is not shrink wrapped because it came from the manufacturer like that. :/ I'm not sure what I should do...go with it and save a bundle, or be suspicious of the product/seller because there's no plastic wrap.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Pick your favorite Popular S2 Cover art!!!

Earlier this year Columbia TriStar contacted us and asked if we could help them pick a cover for Party of Five: Season One. Obviously Buena Vista Home Entertainment thought it was a good idea because they've contracted The Hype Council to do the same thing; allow the fans to vote for their favorite Popular: Season 2 artwork for the upcoming DVD set.

So, if you're a fan of Popular and want to have a say in what's sitting on your shelf you should go and vote now!

http://www.hypemakers.net/popular/

Source: tvshowsondvd.com
Old 09-21-2004, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

The only thing is, I don't know that I like any of the covers...

My DVDs left Sparks, NV a little over an hour ago! Right now they're rolling down I-80! They should be waiting for me when I get home from work tomorrow!
Old 09-21-2004, 02:24 AM
Elite Fan

I saw brand new, shrink wrapped sets over on Ebay for about 20 bucks. But the auctions were still a couple days from being over, and roughly a week to get it delivered. I think I must be nuts for being willing to pay almost double that just to get it tommorrow

And yeah, I'm not a fan of any of those choices for the cover art. But it at least seems assured that there WILL be a second season release now

Old 09-21-2004, 02:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Casandra
I saw brand new, shrink wrapped sets over on Ebay for about 20 bucks. But the auctions were still a couple days from being over, and roughly a week to get it delivered. I think I must be nuts for being willing to pay almost double that just to get it tommorrow

And yeah, I'm not a fan of any of those choices for the cover art. But it at least seems assured that there WILL be a second season release now
Problem is with auctions, the price will almost SURELY go up to 35+ by the time the thing ends. I've been watching Roswell season one on ebay for 3 months now because I wanted to buy it for a friend's 21st birthday (which has now come and gone) and it's only sold for less than $39 once! (and that was the time my mom had a "feeling" about the auction but I refused to outbid the $33 cumulative price. Damnit!)

As far as the covers go, they ain't pretty, but I love the fact that we can vote. I basically opted for choice #2, but I told them to nix the extremely fake doctored hands holding the markers/lipstick or whatever.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

My DVDs stopped for an hour in Quincy. Maybe they needed a rest stop?

I think the artwork on the third cover is just a bit better--but it also says "Final Season" on the box.

Something's wrong with FF...I'm getting error messages at the top of every page...

ETA: They're gone now.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

I voted for the first one cause it's the one I liked best. I liked the third one too, but hated the "Final Season" on it. Plus, I think the first option and the released Season One box look more like each other and I like mine to match.

Speaking of Season One. I'm off to Wal-Mart to pick up my copy! Happy Popular Season One release day!
Old 09-21-2004, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

UPS tried to deliver my DVDs and there was nobody in the office to take them! Now they won't try again until tomorrow.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:23 AM
Elite Fan

Grr, I checked BOTH of the Walmarts around me and neither of them had it. I ended up going to Circuit City and paying 44.99.

Old 09-22-2004, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

At least you have yours. You're wallowing in Sam-and-Brooke goodness at this very moment, while I have to wait until tomorrow...
Old 09-23-2004, 02:01 AM
Elite Fan

Well I only got a chance to watch Caged with the commentary on. They were all cracking up the entire time

Old 09-23-2004, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just watched the pilot...the commentary there was really interesting.

ETA: Don't forget to register your DVDs, so Buena Vista knows we've got 'em. I won't trust those people until I've got the S2 discs in my hands...
Old 09-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

Who does commentary for "Caged"?