Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-17-2003, 10:03 PM
Addicted Fan

aww that sucks. I preordered it like a month ago from amazon to make sure I didnt forget it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2003, 10:50 PM
Total Fan

I know I did too like 3 months ahead but I wanted to check the stores cuz if i got one before it shipped I was gonna cancel it.. meh I'm odd
Old 06-21-2003, 08:23 PM
Addicted Fan

I barely ever have time to actually go to a "real" store. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] usually just the grocery store [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Heres some more caps. Theres more new ones the site [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2003, 12:17 AM
Addicted Fan

to keep this thread going...anyone have any riddles??
Old 07-03-2003, 05:22 PM
Addicted Fan

still waiting on riddles [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2003, 10:24 AM
Addicted Fan

answer this?

How many letters are in the alphabet?
-------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-09-2003, 12:38 PM
Total Fan

I'm still working on those.. the reason I haven't done any new fanart for this is because I've be come enraptured by my own character (see journal in sig for more) [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] I put up some of my arguements about this movie on the NG thread on Brendan's board [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Well that and I have the urge to check to see if my copy still skips [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[ 07-09-2003: Message edited Pixie Queen ]
Old 07-10-2003, 09:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Are you know if a book of Nemesis Game is published?
Old 07-10-2003, 09:35 AM
Addicted Fan

I dont think Nemesis Game was ever a book.
Old 07-11-2003, 01:29 PM
Addicted Fan

A review

The story begins in your typical police station interrogation room where a detective (Ian "Lovejoy" McShane) is questioning a woman named Emily Gray (Rena Owen). Emily is famous for having attempted to drown a small child with seemingly no motive whatsoever. Its years later and Ms. Gray has been recently released from psychiatric care only to have killed a college freshman, again with seemingly no motive. Her only answer to repeated questioning is the quixotic "What if I told you I knew the meaning of life?"

From there we switch gears to a comic shop run by Vern (Adrian Paul), a comic book philosopher with a love for riddles. Vern runs a side business where he takes suburbanite nerds out to an abandoned building and leads them on a D & D style quest by having them answer riddles that lead to a particular conclusion. In all honesty I have know idea what the purpose of these scenes are, only that they setup the connection between Vern and the first woman to ever play his little riddle game, our heroine Sara played by Carly Pope.

For years, Sara has been obsessed with riddles and thinks maybe Vern can lead her to a series of riddles that when solved can tell you the meaning of life. Ian McShane's cop also happens to be Sara's father and Emily Gray happens to be linked to the riddle Sara is searching for. Jay Baruchel from TV's shortlived “Undeclared” has a small role as a victim and Brenden Fehr has an equally small but more meaningful role as a pot head skater and customer at Vern's comic shop.

With Vern's help, Sara seeks the answers to the meaning of life riddle while her father attempts to determine why Emily Gray snapped after seeming to have recovered while in care.

The two stories dovetail in an ending that is the film’s strongest point for it's suddenness and bravery. Honestly, even as the credits rolled I kept waiting for the film to start again and undo itself from what I had just seen.

What doesn't work though is the casting, especially former “Highlander” TV star Adrian Paul. His lack of charisma and horribly wooden action style threaten to cave in the film’s momentum in the moments when it desperately needs it. Paul is especially undercut by the far more charismatic but limited performances of Baruchel and Fehr, who's acting and youth make Paul look like an old man desperately trying to act cool. Nemesis Game cries out for a more charismatic actor or at least persona than what Paul provides.

As for the star of the film, Carly Pope, she has just the right mix of wits and cute to make her character work. She perfectly mixes naive curiosity and survival instinct to make her character's purpose seem plausible.

The cast member who makes the best impression though is Rena Owen as Emily. She has a mystical, beatific quality that makes her seem almost supernatural. Each of the other actors always say her full name and say it with reverence as if speaking it were an incantation. It works in making the audience uncomfortable in her presence, as if she really does know the meaning of life but if she tells you she will have to kill you.

Jesse Warn both directed and wrote the screenplay for Nemesis Game and with a bigger budget he could have really done something with this concept. With a better actor in place of Adrian Paul, improved cinematography and set design and a better film score (The current score is a mishmash of screechy thriller music from every other direct-to-video thriller ever made), and Nemesis Game could have been a career maker. As it is, the film is a signpost of a hopefully bright future for this talented filmmaker. -- Kernan, Bikkit.com

Kernan gives this Movie 6 out of 10 stars -
Old 07-13-2003, 12:14 AM
Total Fan

The man does have point though I mean I liked it but it was lacking something
Old 10-09-2003, 10:04 PM
Elite Fan

I finally got to see this the other night. And while it was great seeing Carly in a lead role, and one that wasn't just a typical dramatic movie, I agree that it felt a little flat. Probably because other than Carly I wasn't a fan of the casting. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 10-09-2003, 10:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Adrian and Brendan were good. Couldve used more Brendan though [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2003, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

For some reason I wasn't liking Adrian in this. I used to like him just fine on Highlander. I don't if I was just so used to seeing him on that or what, but it just didn't click for me [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 10-10-2003, 09:06 PM
Addicted Fan

I think the whole Highlander thing was messing with me too. Im so used to him as Duncan MacLeod of the clan MacLeod [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Im such a dork sometimes [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]