Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-21-2002, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Carly's Poetry and Quotes

As many fans probably know, Carly writes poetry. When a person expresses themselves in more than one art form, their works in the different art forms complement and illuminate each other. As such, Carly's poetry should be of interest to fans. And if her poetry's anything like her acting... Problem is, I've never heard of any of it being published or put on the web. Does anybody know anything about this?

[ 11-23-2002: Message edited sum1 ]

[ 02-07-2003: Message edited Sandi_aka_Pezzy ]
Old 10-24-2002, 03:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

I never even knew she wrote poetry, I would love to read some if anyone can find any. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2002, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, she does write poetry. Sings too -she sent an album to some music company as a joke and had to turn them down when they took it seriously and were interested. Multi-talented, that's Carly. Most likely she's kept her poetry private, not made any of it public, but hey, even if so, maybe that'd change if she were to find out there's an audience for it. As for that album, I really think it's about time she put it into circulation. Great to hear you're interested in her poetry, becK//::. Anyone out there, if you know anything about Carly's poetry, or find any anywhere, make sure you post here.
Old 11-02-2002, 02:20 AM
Addicted Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] licker i have the interview but ive yet to put it up. i have to upload these big files at my boyfriends house. hes got dsl and ive got measly dial up [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ 11-02-2002: Message edited cpcomwebmaster ]
Old 11-02-2002, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Keep the site restoration coming, Sandi! It's great to see all the stuff you're putting up. We really need a thread here about the site. A while back, I sent you a PM asking you about that. I wanted to set it up, but I thought I should ask you 1st.
Old 11-02-2002, 10:10 PM
Addicted Fan

sorry yeah i got the pm. ive been a little busy later with life [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] im not sure if anyone would be interested. i mean i have a list that everyone can sign up to find out when i update the site so..
Old 11-03-2002, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Glad you got the PM. Umm... what was this thread about? Oh yeah, Carly's poetry. Well, when you get the chance, Sandi, invade your boyfriend's house and put up that interview, will you? Am I right in saying it's got actual Carly poetry in it? I've read so many Carly interviews, but I must have missed that one.
Old 11-03-2002, 03:49 AM
Absolute Fan

Yes, it has actual Carly poetry in it, she reads it then goes all shy for about 1.5 seconds. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Its very cute, and its got some powerful imagery if I remember correctly.

"Have a biscuit, Potter."

"you're my Brooke."
Old 11-03-2002, 12:46 PM
Addicted Fan

youre right licker thats exactly what happens [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2002, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Licker to the rescue. Thanks!
Old 11-10-2002, 05:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

It would be cool to read some of her poetry. I never even knew she wrote. I could understand though why she might not want to share her thoughts cause when I write I find its a really personal thing and I find it hard to even share it will my family. So kudos to her!

aree
Old 11-10-2002, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome to the Carly board, Roswell Butterfly. The way I see it, sharing one's writing is always a good idea. All true art is communication and self-expression, after all.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:53 PM
Addicted Fan

the interviewer pretty much talked her into reading it so i dont know if she wouldve done it without a little pushing. i write poetry also and most of it is way too personal for me to think of reading it to anyone.
Old 11-11-2002, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, I'm not trying to pressure anyone into coughing up poetry, but, like I said in my last post on this thread, I think one's work in any art should be shared. In general, except where there are reasons for secrecy (which could arguably include forum sites like this), openess about "personal" things of all sorts, not just art, but private fears, doubts, dreams, fantasies, etc, is conducive to confidence, forthrightness, honesty, healthy assertiveness and vanquishing anxiety, embarrassment and doubt. It's also good for communication, cooperation, negotiation and mutual understanding, essentials of good interpersonal interaction. This is because it brings into the open and into negotiation things that often need discussing. What's not talked about often needs to be discussed more than what is. Also, being open about things allows people to much more easily be unashamedly themselves. Being yourself is crucial for secure mental health -most people are a lot less mentally healthy than they think, because they're too afraid to be themselves. I think it's a good idea to just stop caring about what others might think, at least long enough to make what's "personal" public, and then you can't afford to be bothered about their reaction, because you're stuck with it -you have to adapt, drop your fear, embarrassment, self-consciousness, etc. It's a case of jumping in the deep end and swimming. In this situation, you don't drown if you do it with sufficient conviction and commitment. The trick is in rising above all that stuff that holds you back, having contempt for it. Of course, people might react unpleasantly, but they probably won't, or at least not as much, if you show you're confident and unfazed. I don't mean pretend to be that way. I mean re-adjust your viewpoint so you genuinely no longer care. Stuff like fear, doubt, shyness, etc, is there to protect us, but it often ends up doing more harm than what it's supposed to protect against. As such, it's often counter-productive, so, when it is, get rid of it, drop it, free yourself. That stuff's just not worth it. Don't subordinate yourself to anyone elses's view of you or opinions about life. Find a realistic standard to judge yourself by, your own private standard, and hold yourself to that. Other people's views always count, but as info input, suggestions, ideas, etc, not something to be held to. Express yourself, be yourself, be open, be free. Privacy is a human right, but open self-expression is the breath of life. Really, I wish I could explain this viewpoint better. It's all there in my head, but getting it onto the page isn't so easy. I've probably left out some really important parts. This opinion comes from personal experience, among other things. I used to have major troubles in my life due to holding myself back, but I've changed a lot of that. I still struggle with it at times, but I'm winning the war. It's easiest for me when I can see who I'm talking to (for some people it can be the reverse, so I gather), so I'm often shyer here on FF than I am in the flesh. Still, I think, for most people, it's probably easiest with those you know. Well, that's enough getting preachy for one post.
Old 11-11-2002, 11:09 PM
Addicted Fan

wow [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] well said sum !

about the video -- i went to upload it but i realized it was way too big and would take even people with dsl a long time so im going to cut it up asap and then upload it again.