Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2017, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
Same. He did admit it was his own interpretation though, I think he also mentioned that the writers' room didn't ever quite explain what it was.
Thanks for info.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Same here.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Same. He did admit it was his own interpretation though, I think he also mentioned that the writers' room didn't ever quite explain what it was.
That's good to know. I can understand why some people don't ship them but I definitely do not get the father-daughter vibe.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I haven't heard of anyone who gets that vibe tbh.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've already mentioned that I don't get a father-daughter vibe with them.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah I know, I meant in general lol.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's good haha
Old 01-12-2017, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

Found some stills with both of them and thought I'd post them.

Spoiler:
Old 01-12-2017, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great pictures. Thanks for posting them.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:48 PM
Master Fan

So this is the quote I was mentioning.

Quote:
I think the relationship with Karen surprised me the most. It was a rare thing that can happen when you have a real collaboration between writers and actors. These writers and producers watch the dailies, they see things that were happening. You might not be able to put words to it, and they develop that. In the same way that there’s this connection between Frank and Karen and we never explain exactly what it is. I felt what it became was that I thought he looked at her as, this is the kind of woman his daughter could have become, bold and intelligent, and courageous, independent, bold and caring. I think he saw his daughter in her. I think as a man that swore off caring about anything besides his mission and completing it, I think he started to care about her, her well-being, and her opinion.
Jon Bernthal Gets To The Heart of 'Daredevil' - AwardsDaily TV

I think it has a lot to say about the relationship. He specifically talks about the writers watching the dailies and sort of working on them while stating that the Frank/Karen connection is something left unexplained. He has his interpretation of course, but it's his own. A lot of people didn't see that kind of vibe and I myself have a lot of friends who genuinely see Frank as being in love with Karen. I wouldn't get there, but it's still a bond that I dig and I believe Jon is right when he says he cares for her. Karen's feelings are another matter, I think, because there's so much about her approach to Frank that's about herself, but this is not the right place to say it I guess.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the link and it's an interesting quote even though I don't really with his interpretation of Karen/Frank.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:10 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for those HQ stills.

Quote:
I think it has a lot to say about the relationship. He specifically talks about the writers watching the dailies and sort of working on them while stating that the Frank/Karen connection is something left unexplained. He has his interpretation of course, but it's his own. A lot of people didn't see that kind of vibe and I myself have a lot of friends who genuinely see Frank as being in love with Karen. I wouldn't get there, but it's still a bond that I dig and I believe Jon is right when he says he cares for her. Karen's feelings are another matter, I think, because there's so much about her approach to Frank that's about herself, but this is not the right place to say it I guess.
There is only one thing that stops me from shipping these two, the fact that Castle is a father/husband. He loved his family too much and I think he was a very faithful husband. But then his family is dead and Karen was there for him when he needed someone the most, even at his worst. And that was the thing that made me like them eventually.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't ship them yet either, but I definitely could in the future.