Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2016, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

So did I, definitely! They're uber popular and God bless all the gifset I'm constantly reblogging. I just think the *fandom* is a minority in the context of the whole audience.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, none of my friends is shipping Kastle but then again, they don't ship anyone, they just daydream about Karen and Elektra. I guess the general audience really isn't that big on ships, they just go with the flow and don't stress about who should/will end up with whom. Which I probably should try but nope, I always get into shipping.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell's Kitchen (View Post)
Yeah, none of my friends is shipping Kastle but then again, they don't ship anyone, they just daydream about Karen and Elektra. I guess the general audience really isn't that big on ships, they just go with the flow and don't stress about who should/will end up with whom. Which I probably should try but nope, I always get into shipping.
Mine too
Old 04-10-2016, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell's Kitchen (View Post)
They'll very lucky and I'd love to not ship characters. But, I always have done, even before I was aware that I wasn't the one that did it.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I think my shipping days started with Dawson's Creek, at least it was when I got really into it.

But you know, most of the times, it just happens. There are shows I'll start already hoping there will be a cute couple I can root for, with others it's something that doesn't even cross my mind. With DD, I went in expecting to love Karedevil and Matt/Elektra because I love them in the comics, then season 1 came with Clairedevil and I'm like ok, so I guess I'm going to add this 3rd Matt ship in the mix.

By the end of S1 though, I was totally into Karedevil and not counting on a new ship - let alone a Karen one - in Season 2. But then Frank came along. Their chemistry is so natural and their storyline is so freaking good.

Was I expecting to finish Season 2 wanting Karen to run away with Frank and live a vigilante life with him?

No, but God works in mysterious ways, so here I am.
Old 04-10-2016, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

My shipping days started with Japanese animes - the romantic ones, yes, but even Dragon Ball So basically I was always a shipper lol. I'm not so much multishipping on DD even though there's no couple I mind terribly, but with other shows I sort of am. And on Arrow, if we're speaking of superheroes, I ship the male lead with anyone who breathes.

Kastle is a peculiar thing for me because I'd take anything they give me. You want to fall in love? Stay friends? Formally start adoption papers? Go ahead! As long as you grace my screen I'm yours.
Old 04-10-2016, 02:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

Guys!

I can watch a show without shipping tbh. I didn't ship anything in DD S1 and I never thought I'd ship Frank and Karen in S2 but they give me all the feels and here I am!

icon: rachel/adam
Old 04-10-2016, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They took everyone by surprise, it's just too good.
Old 04-10-2016, 02:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

I still can't believe I ship THE PUNISHER with Karen.

Old 04-10-2016, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, how the world turns.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I don't think Kastle are the minority.

Old 04-10-2016, 05:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

I have no idea, I'm just happy I'm not alone.

i'll explain the infinite

Old 04-10-2016, 05:41 PM
Elite Fan

There was a lot of Kastle on my dashboard so I knew there were others. I saw that pic of them in diner before I watched on twitter constantly. Got me in gear to watch. Very happy Karen got such a good s/l in s2 and her arc with Ben was not forgotten. Then it was tied into Frank's story. HEAVEN.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

When it comes to a general audience, I don't think people particularly care for Kastle (or any other ship for that matter). But as far as online fandom goes, I'd say they're probably the most popular ship from the show. At least that's what tumblr, AO3 and youtube makes me believe.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Because I believe you. I don’t like what you do.... : May we meet again.