Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2017, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipkarrma (View Post)
Add me please!
Welcome.

I've added you.

Quote:
In the last 2 weeks I've inhaled both DDs2 and TPs1 purely because of this couple. I freely admit to FFing scenes of Matt and Elektra just so I could get to Foggy and more importantly Kastle storyline.
That's great.

Quote:
There could definitely have been more of Karen in TPs1 but agree that it is possible that TPTB will opt for a slow burn.
I wasn't expecting Karen to have a large role on The Punisher series, but it would have been great to have had more of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipkarrma (View Post)
Yes. I think I read somewhere that DDs3 is now filming so I'm hopeful we might get a leak that Jon B is on set.
Season Three is filming, if I'm remembering it right and I'd love to get that sort of news.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

I loved Kastle in the Punisher. It made me ship them x10000 times more. I rewatched DD S2 just to soak them up again.

Please add me.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

The Punisher got renewed for Second Season! Congratulations to the cast and crew!

P.S.
I want more Kastle this time!
Old 12-13-2017, 02:17 AM
Moderator Manager

Here's to more Kastle for S2!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
I loved Kastle in the Punisher. It made me ship them x10000 times more. I rewatched DD S2 just to soak them up again.

Please add me.
Welcome!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 12-13-2017, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's great news.

Thanks for posting that.

I hope we get more of them in Season Two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)

Please add me.
Welcome.

I've added you.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

sure hope we'll get more scenes with them in S2

Old 12-13-2017, 05:55 PM
Absolute Fan

*fist pumps* Yes! I am so here for season 2!

Not only because of Kastle, but also because Jon is such an incredible Punisher. Glad we get more of him.

That said, imma start praying we get Karen in S2

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
Old 12-13-2017, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't even finished the show yet but I'm excited about the renewal as long as it means MORE KASTLE

Old 12-13-2017, 09:04 PM
Absolute Fan

Thank you for that beautiful gif.

I am so happy they didn't kiss there. The forehead touching is even better to me. I am a sucker for a slow burn. (Plus I don't want Karen to be a rebound. Frank needs more time.)

Old 12-14-2017, 12:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion_princess (View Post)
Welcome.

I've added you.
Thanks for the welcome.

Thanks also to Nici Dawson for sharing that excellent news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
Thank you for that beautiful gif.

I am so happy they didn't kiss there. The forehead touching is even better to me. I am a sucker for a slow burn. (Plus I don't want Karen to be a rebound. Frank needs more time.)
ITA that I don't want Karen or Frank to be a rebound. I'm definitely hoping for slow burn Kastle and even for Frank to appear in DDs3 perhaps prior to TPs2. If Frank doesn't appear in DDs3, I hope that Karen also gets to work through her feelings re Matt.

Icon by the talented MelBelle

Last edited by Hipkarrma; 12-14-2017 at 12:48 PM Reason: Now with shiny quote/comment for straws too.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I'm definitely hoping for slow burn Kastle and even for Frank to appear in DDs3 perhaps prior to TPs2.
Yes, I need him to be in DDS3, if only for a minute. I'll even take a name drop, though I hope it'll be more than that. Just something that acknowledges that Frank exists and that he has a connection to Karen. I can't see how the writers could ignore it at this point.

I think Deb agrees

Deborah retweeting Kastle fan edits
https://holysmitten.tumblr.com/post/...stle-fan-edits

#aka please don’t forget that Frank Castle took multiple bullets for me and we almost kissed in an elevator #Deb out there doing God’s work
https://jimothyshalpert.tumblr.com/p...nk-castle-took

also this post made me laugh:

misseffie:
if u and ur bae can’t non-verbally diffuse a bomb then what’s the ****ing point

Quote:
"You are always here to me, and I always listen and I can always see you." The Eleventh Doctor
FEELS.

Old 12-14-2017, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

As much as I like these two but to make their relationship anything but platonic undermines all of the comics and even the background story of Frank and his character period. His family will loom over whatever he does so Kastle would feel illegitimate
Old 12-15-2017, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That gifset is precious. Deborah truly is the perfect Karen, she understands her character and she's careful with it like no one else
Old 12-15-2017, 06:06 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
As much as I like these two but to make their relationship anything but platonic undermines all of the comics and even the background story of Frank and his character period. His family will loom over whatever he does so Kastle would feel illegitimate
I respectfully disagree.

I think it's possible sometimes for someone to have more than one great love of their life™. I don't think that if Frank developed romantic feelings for Karen, that it would invalidate his feelings for his kids and wife at all. They wouldn't suddenly mean less to him.

But, I also agree with you in the sense that that's why I want a slowburn Kastle. I couldn't see them working with this version of Frank. I could see a close friendship with undertones of something more but not a relationship. If they did go there officially I would want it to be way further down the line. Frank has a long way to go before I'd believe it.

But I also don't need the show to be 100% identical to the comics. They are two different mediums and I am cool with changes.

Old 12-15-2017, 11:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yes, I need him to be in DDS3, if only for a minute. I'll even take a name drop, though I hope it'll be more than that. Just something that acknowledges that Frank exists and that he has a connection to Karen. I can't see how the writers could ignore it at this point.

I think Deb agrees

#aka please don’t forget that Frank Castle took multiple bullets for me and we almost kissed in an elevator #Deb out there doing God’s work
https://jimothyshalpert.tumblr.com/p...nk-castle-took

FEELS.
I'm glad it's not just me that finds it encouraging that DAW is also vocal in her consideration of her very strong storyline with Frank across multiple shows. To me, and from what Jon has said, she seems a very thoughtful actress who is passionate about her craft and her character. It also gives me hope for the inclusion of her clear relationship with Frank to be acknowledged in some way in DDs3. Like you, I'll take a name drop but hope for more.

Glad you got my Eleven to River quote. I guess you can tell, I don't always go for the standard relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
With respect, I disagree. Comics canon can change with retcons for example, and, whilst the acknowledged source material, are an entirely different medium to either TV or movies. Further, both of the latter media are dependent on the success of their product to a broader audience than comic readers (of which I am one) can provide. Producers in these media consider and respond to audience feedback and popularity. Had Jon Bernthal's characterisation of Frank Castle (and his interactions on screen) not been embraced so well in DDs2, The Punisher as a Netflix series would not have existed. And when in his own series, elements of the characterisation of Frank Castle were changed from DDs2 to TPs1. This also is indicative of the types of changes that can be made from one comic run to another.

Quote:
I think it's possible sometimes for someone to have more than one great love of their life™. I don't think that if Frank developed romantic feelings for Karen, that it would invalidate his feelings for his kids and wife at all. They wouldn't suddenly mean less to him.

But, I also agree with you in the sense that that's why I want a slowburn Kastle. I couldn't see them working with this version of Frank. I could see a close friendship with undertones of something more but not a relationship. If they did go there officially I would want it to be way further down the line. Frank has a long way to go before I'd believe it.
^^^^ This! I couldn't have said it better so forgive the copy/paste but I co-sign your opinion.

Finally, whether or not you like the couple, Arrow's Olicity are evidence that non-canon can be a popular and viable choice.

For these reasons, and with respect for the opinions of others, I'm happy to support Kastle in the Marvel Netflix universe.

Icon by the talented MelBelle