Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2016, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

D A R E D E V I L ♢ Episode Discussion {2x01}: Bang

2x01: Bang

In the void left by Fisk's removal, a new threat to Hell's Kitchen emerges.
Murdock and Foggy take on a client with a questionable past.

Basic rules:

► No bashing whatsoever. Keep the discussion civil, and respect other people's opinions.
► No spoilers from the comic books in this thread, unless it's under spoiler tags.

Last edited by Musidora; 03-18-2016 at 04:40 AM
Old 03-17-2016, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Added the summary I found on IMDB.

I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE (less than) 24 HOURS AWAY FROM SEASON 2.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Ana.

I know.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope I can manage to get some sleep.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good luck with that.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

IT'S FINALLY HERE.

Lots of Avocado scenes, bless them babies.

KAREDEVIL. Karen is so smitten, and Matt is obviously crushing on her... when Foggy was all 'jeez, can't leave you guys alone for one second...' And when he made fun of Matt's outfit, saying he was fighting in underwear. In fact, Foggy was being all around awesome - and fcking INSANE going into the Dogs of Hell bar, I was so nervous! My brave little bagel

My bb Karen being badass and saving Grotto, taking him away from Frank.

And Frank. Oh, THE FCKING PUNISHER. Jon's got the total psycho look DOWN.

If this first episode is any indication, we're off to a great season. ♥

Last edited by Musidora; 03-18-2016 at 01:36 AM
Old 03-19-2016, 12:07 AM
Master Fan

So glad to have this show back
The Punisher's entrance was amazing, he has a lot of potential
Fair share of screentime and storylines between the cast

They are really forcing this pairing so hard in your face (Matt & Karen)
Old 03-19-2016, 03:19 AM
Moderator Manager

OMG, that intro is amazing. Daredevil's Billy Club!!!

Nelson and Murdock on the dance floor? I wanna see that. Give it to me show. My gosh this scene. My babies: Foggy & Matt. I love them both so much. They go waaaaay back.

Whoah, they have a lot of clients now. And it's hot in Hell's Kitchen (kinda like the weather we have over here). Looks like word is out that they took out Fisk from last season so they got more clients.

"And we have...each other."

OMGGGG! Frank Castle killed all those goons. DAAAAAAAAAMMMN.

This pool scene with Karen & Matt: "I leave you two alone for one minute.". And then later on the heartbeat thing. I think Foggy is aware of their feelings for each other and is fine with it. Thank God they didn't turn that into a love triangle.

"And where's this hand?" cracked me up so much!

"It's not underwear Foggy. Underwear is comfortable."

Matt: Be careful. Foggy: You don't get to say that! BABIES ARE KILLING ME.

"Slide into bed sweetheart and settle in. Because I am the best chance you've got in the world right now." KAREN PAGE EVERYONE.

Gosh, I forgot all about Turk. He's still selling guns to goons. LOL he calls Daredevil "D!"

I love that there's still mention of Fisk. Which if my speculation is correct is really setting up nicely for !

Somebody save Foggy from Dogs of Hell! He looks so scared.

EWWWW, These men are hung like meat with their insides literally out.

OMG, Frank is in the hospital where Karen & Grotto are. Hold up, Karen has keys to Ben's car?

I LOVE this fight scene between Frank Castle and DD. I'm glad they didn't waste time to introduce him and we already got him in this first ep. Major props for not totally focusing on his face, even during the fight. I thought that was spectacular how they did that. We had to wait until the very end to see his face when he said "Bang."

No Elektra yet but that's okay. I kinda like how this ep is both light (because of the humor) and dark (you can feel Castle's presence even when he's not around). I wanna watch more but I want to pace myself.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched this yesterday, but I was far too tired to talk about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Yes.

Quote:
OMGGGG! Frank Castle killed all those goons. DAAAAAAAAAMMMN.
Yeah.

Quote:
This pool scene with Karen & Matt: "I leave you two alone for one minute.". And then later on the heartbeat thing. I think Foggy is aware of their feelings for each other and is fine with it. Thank God they didn't turn that into a love triangle.
Yeah, I think Foggy getting a crush on Karen make sense, she's amazing, but I'm happy that there's no love triangle with the three of them.

"And where's this hand?" cracked me up so much!

"It's not underwear Foggy. Underwear is comfortable."

Quote:
Matt: Be careful. Foggy: You don't get to say that! BABIES ARE KILLING ME.
I knew that Foggy would be even more worried about Matt.

Quote:
"Slide into bed sweetheart and settle in. Because I am the best chance you've got in the world right now." KAREN PAGE EVERYONE.
Go, Karen.

Quote:
Gosh, I forgot all about Turk. He's still selling guns to goons. LOL he calls Daredevil "D!"
I was surprised to see Turk, but he's great.

Quote:
I love that there's still mention of Fisk. Which if my speculation is correct is really setting up nicely for !
Yeah, it was good to hear someone mention him.

Quote:
Somebody save Foggy from Dogs of Hell! He looks so scared.
I was very worried about Foggy.

Quote:
EWWWW, These men are hung like meat with their insides literally out.
When one of them was still alive that's what really made me

Quote:
OMG, Frank is in the hospital where Karen & Grotto are. Hold up, Karen has keys to Ben's car?
Karen was amazing, but I was really worried for her.

Quote:
I LOVE this fight scene between Frank Castle and DD. I'm glad they didn't waste time to introduce him and we already got him in this first ep. Major props for not totally focusing on his face, even during the fight. I thought that was spectacular how they did that. We had to wait until the very end to see his face when he said "Bang."
I feel the same way. It was a great scene.

Quote:
No Elektra yet but that's okay. I kinda like how this ep is both light (because of the humor) and dark (you can feel Castle's presence even when he's not around). I wanna watch more but I want to pace myself.
Yeah, I'm happy that it's not completely dark and grim. The humour really helps.

Looking forward to when Elektra does show up.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So, I'm literally writing this while watching the episode, so bare with me
Just the beginning with Matt listening to the people's cries always reminds me how difficult it would be being a superhero or with powers. Having that power to have to choose who to save and who not too.

Nelson and Murdock, so great seeing them being pals again LOVE them. We can still see their relationship is on a line but it's not as shaky as it once was. Always a good start.

I give Karen props for what she's doing, to keep the business going.

First thought of the shot up - Punisher: probably wrong but I'm just saying.

Have a new favorite quote from the episode: "Bret you can trust us." "We're Lawyers!" I got such a kick out of that!

Foggy was amazing going to the biker bar! Loved how calm he was seeing an old friend of his and everyone was acting like he was going to get such a beating, which he was due to Smitty being dead sadly. But still that didn't stop Foggy, I bet that biker understood why Smitty and him were friends. Well if not understood at least believed it a bit more.

Karen was great at keeping that guy alive, loved the story bit. Though I kept screaming at the guy to keep his head down, I mean come on the dude is shooting at you, you keep your head down!

Daredevil and fight! Whew and BANG!! OMG!!!

Epic opener! I'm actually surprised Claire wasn't in this, I thought she was the one who would help Karen with the guy, but I like how Karen had her own plan there, it was nice. They'll most likely give Claire another story, look forward to it. I know she won't be in that much this season so I'm going to enjoy as much we get.

Off to watch the rest.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MelBelle~ (View Post)
:Imao: Have a new favorite quote from the episode: "Bret you can trust us." "We're Lawyers!" I got such a kick out of that!
I loved that bit.

Quote:
Off to watch the rest.
Have fun.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
HELL YEAH.

Quote:
HELL YEAH!

Quote:
I could've sworn he was in jail still, his scene with D was hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MelBelle~ (View Post)
So, I'm literally writing this while watching the episode, so bare with me
These are the best type of reviews.

Quote:
Foggy was amazing going to the biker bar! Loved how calm he was seeing an old friend of his and everyone was acting like he was going to get such a beating, which he was due to Smitty being dead sadly. But still that didn't stop Foggy, I bet that biker understood why Smitty and him were friends. Well if not understood at least believed it a bit more.
It was my favorite scene.

I mean, Matt going to a place like that is one thing, he can take those guys down but Foggy? It takes GUTS to show up there knowing you don't really have any fighting skills. He won them over just talking, and I love that - and relate to it, as I can barely throw a punch but know my way around with words.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:05 PM
Moderator Manager

Melanie, that's my plan too. Everytime I watch, I post on an ep discussion thread here. Helps me remember the eps more.

Turk, I can't remember if he got caught and is in jail but he looks like he's out.

I still can't quite grab the fact that Karen has Ben Urich's car (and is using it)?

I really wanted to watch one more ep when I finished this yesterday but I have to remind myself to pace it this time around. I'm afraid I will get spoiled but oh well.

I really love that ep for Matt & Foggy. It's so great that Matt can share his secret with him now. And I do agree that Foggy was so brave to go to Dogs of Hell to look for Smitty. I have a feeling that everyone got wind of Fisk in jail and they're all thinking of their next move (while Fisk probably plans his escape).

I still can't get over how perfect the fight was. Jon Bernthal is a revelation as Frank Castle and I've only seen one ep. I'll watch another one later and post on the ep 2 thread.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

dp ignore.

Last edited by Alexa; 03-24-2016 at 04:44 PM
Old 03-21-2016, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Pretty good first episode back, excited to see the season play out. I love Jon and I'm so excited to see him in this!

I like Matt/Karen a lot, I feel the chemistry there.