Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2015, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastainღ (View Post)
I got hooked from episode 1 but I'd say World on fire was definitely a game changer ep. Thanks for the link, Lindsay!
I loved it right from the start and agree.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The show gets pretty much everything right.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It does.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:01 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
IGN: Still on Marvel tip, one you did actually realize onscreen, let’s talk about your Netflix series Daredevil.

GODDARD: I went into Marvel and talked to them about making it as a movie a couple of years ago, long after the Affleck movie. But what we all sort of realised is that, this movie doesn’t want to cost $200 million. The thing about Matt Murdock is, he’s not saving the world. He’s just keeping his corner clean. So it would feel wrong to have spaceships crashing in the middle of the city. But because of that, Marvel on the movie side is not in the business of making $25 million movies. They’re going big, as they should.

IGN: So somewhere like Netflix is a better fit?

GODDARD: It felt that we’d have more freedom to make it on the small screen and make it more adult. Look, if we took the Netflix [show] and put it in theatres, it’s rated R. And they’re not doing R-rated movies. And we also got to really explore the character. I feel like Netflix was the best possible home for that, otherwise you’d end up with a watered down version.

IGN: You’re no longer in charge but you’re still involved?

GODDARD: Yeah, I’m not running the show any more, Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez are, and they’re doing a phenomenal job. I get to go and play. All I can tell you is that if you liked Season 1, then Season 2 is going to blow your mind. They’re going big.

IGN: People are already very excited about The Punisher appearing.

GODDARD: And we’re able to do things on the small screen that fit that character better than if we had to water him down for the movies.
Drew Goddard on How He Would've Made the Sinister Six Movie and Comparisons to Suicide Squad - IGN

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting that.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And we’re able to do things on the small screen that fit that character better than if we had to water him down for the movies.
LOVE knowing this.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for posting that..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 10-03-2015, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastainღ (View Post)
LOVE knowing this.
It's great and it true.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:34 AM
Moderator Manager

I'm not sure how true this is or they're probably just addressing fan reaction. It still doesn't explain why they keep on saying that the MCU and their TV shows are the same universe.

Quote:
Marvel's various TV shows have spent several seasons dealing with the aftermath of the events of Marvel's movies, and the films will begin returning the favor. During a Q&A promoting the home video release of Avengers: Age of Ultron, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige called the situation "inevitable."

"I think that's inevitable at some point as we're plotting the movies going forward and they're doing the shows," he explained during the Age of Ultron event at the Hero Complex Gallery in Los Angeles on September 29th.

The issue thus far, he said, is that the schedules for the TV shows and movies "do not always quite match up to make that possible."

"It's easier for them. They're more nimble and faster and produce things quicker than we do, which is one of the main reasons you see the repercussions of Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron in the show," Feige said. "Going forward and certainly as they begin to do more shows and cast them with such great actors as they have -- particularly Daredevil -- that that may occur. A lot of it is by the time we start doing a movie, they'd be midway through a season; by the time it comes out they'd be done with the second, starting the third season. Finding timing on that is not always easy."

Two years after the series premiere of Marvel's first TV show, Agents of SHIELD, the studio has currently released three canon series (SHIELD, Agent Carter and Daredevil), with five more in various stages of production (Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Defenders and Mockingbird).
Marvel Movies Will Eventually Reference the TV Shows - IGN

Old 10-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for posting that..

is that what you want?

Old 10-09-2015, 02:26 AM
Moderator Manager

I can't wait for the Marvel panel this weekend guyssssss.

Quote:
SATURDAY

2:45-3:45- Cup Of Joe. Come on down, we have lots of special guests, announcements and I’ll be showing the alternate DD hallway fight scene that was only shown previously at SDCC.

5:00-6:45- Netflix panel. This one has so much amazingly cool secret stuff happening that I can’t even hint at how amazingly cool and secretive it is. Shhhh, I said nothing.
Joe Quesada - NYCC Schedule

Old 10-09-2015, 09:53 AM
Moderator Support Team

I'm so sad that I won't be there since I have to babysit my nephew, but he lucky that I take my time for spend a day w/ him than being at NYCC..

is that what you want?

Old 10-09-2015, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for tweets.

Really excited for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I'm not sure how true this is or they're probably just addressing fan reaction. It still doesn't explain why they keep on saying that the MCU and their TV shows are the same universe.

Marvel Movies Will Eventually Reference the TV Shows - IGN
Thanks for that.

It would make sense for the films to reference the tv programmes, like the programmes have been referencing the films.
Old 10-10-2015, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

New thread.