Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-13-2015, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

Possible Board Closure Discussion: Please Read and Respond!

Helen (hlgreenie) and I (SachaS44) have been discussing this, and we think that it may be time to close this board. Our post counts have been declining over the past few months and we have very few regular posters. As you know, Fan Forum requires that we average at least 15 posts per day, with lower numbers than that leading to warnings and then possible closure of the board. We would prefer to go out under our own terms rather than be forced to close due to low post counts.

Please let us know what you think. We'd be glad to hear any suggestions or advice to renew interest here. Remember that to keep the board going, we need the commitment of a few regular, dedicated posters. As much as we love this board, please don't just post to "save" the board and then disappear again, because we'll be in the same position that we're in now if you do.

We know it's a tough decision but since the main show has ended, we have not had much traffic on the board. There seems to be very little interested in CSI:Cyber, so we decided this may be the best thing for the board. We love the board and would love to keep it around if people are really interested but right now it's been very tough posting.

Thanks.

Sacha & Helen
Old 12-13-2015, 11:38 PM
MST Manager

I know this must be difficult.

I like coming here to post but I can't post much in the CSI Cyber thread because I am behind and I don't want to read spoilers.

I will continue to post if you do continue with the board. I can get more adventurous with the threads that I visit.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

I'm not going to lie. While I have been watching Cyber, it just hasn't captured my attention like Vegas did. I just haven't had much to talk about since it has ended.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I haven't been on this board in forever. I used to be a regular when the main CSI show was airing, but without that show, I don't watch any of the spinoffs. I know this must be a hard decision to make.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:46 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SachaS44 (View Post)
I'm not going to lie. While I have been watching Cyber, it just hasn't captured my attention like Vegas did. I just haven't had much to talk about since it has ended.
It's not nearly as good as the Vegas one but I love to watch it. Patricia Arquette has an odd way of speaking but that doesn't spoil it for me.

I haven't got into the other CSIs. I did see a bit of one but it didn't capture my interest.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:05 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
It's not nearly as good as the Vegas one but I love to watch it. Patricia Arquette has an odd way of speaking but that doesn't spoil it for me.

I haven't got into the other CSIs. I did see a bit of one but it didn't capture my interest.
Cyber is a load of pits. Tried. Just couldn't sit through it. How do they expect this show can hold the viewers to their seats? Lousy scriptwriting. Insipid casting. Dull characters. Also, for the life of me I don't know they can parade it around and make it the fourth show in the glorious CSI family? Not sure if I said it here before, but I need to quote something my friend said to me after we watched the first Cyber together. She said as far as she's concerned, CSI LV only had two ugly stepsisters: Miami and New York. She said she's not sure from which side the blanket this Cyber bastard came out!

So for sure I would have nothing to add to the Cyber threads. I do love reading all the CSI LV comments. It's going to be sad to lose this board. I will try to put my 2-cent forward and see if it can make any difference.

Thanks to both of you for keeping the board going for so long.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

I would like to see if there is more interest in keeping the board open. I may be stepping down as moderator if it does, so we would need someone who would be interested in taking over.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:23 AM
Master Fan

I mean I love this board and would hate to see it close, but I must also say that Cyber just doesn't hold my interest the way the other shows did and while I will alway love discussing the other shows, it's hard to keep a discussion going for so long when there is no new news to discuss.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:40 AM
Elite Fan

ITA that closing the board would be sad. I'm not a regular poster - in fact just recently started visiting CSI. I didn't watch the original CSI's that much but for some reason CSI: Cyber appealed to me. Now that it won't be renewed, I'm not sure what we could discuss going forward. In good conscience, I can't vote for keeping the board open.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 12-17-2015, 03:02 PM
Master Fan

So what's everyone's final thoughts regarding the board.

Should we close it or should we keep it open?

Sadly in my opinion it's time to close it but if others wish to keep it open please voice your opinion. I need to send out our final choice soon.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:16 PM
New Fan

Quote:
So what's everyone's final thoughts regarding the board.

Should we close it or should we keep it open?

Sadly in my opinion it's time to close it but if others wish to keep it open please voice your opinion. I need to send out our final choice soon.
You'll have to go with your gut feeling. I only wish I had found this board years ago. It's hard to keep a board with minimum posting requirement like this one afloat when the series is off the air. Anyway for you ladies find a new home for the diehard and hardcore fans somewhere else? Thank you.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:11 PM
MST Manager

I can't promise I will post here a lot so I can't ask you to keep it open.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:34 AM
Master Fan

As sad as it makes me, my gut feeling is that it's time to close it
Old 12-18-2015, 05:31 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlgreenie (View Post)
As sad as it makes me, my gut feeling is that it's time to close it
Where are all the CSI fans? The true CSI fans?
Old 12-20-2015, 12:13 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Helen (hlgreenie) and I (SachaS44) have been discussing this, and we think that it may be time to close this board. Our post counts have been declining over the past few months and we have very few regular posters. As you know, Fan Forum requires that we average at least 15 posts per day, with lower numbers than that leading to warnings and then possible closure of the board. We would prefer to go out under our own terms rather than be forced to close due to low post counts.

Please let us know what you think. We'd be glad to hear any suggestions or advice to renew interest here. Remember that to keep the board going, we need the commitment of a few regular, dedicated posters. As much as we love this board, please don't just post to "save" the board and then disappear again, because we'll be in the same position that we're in now if you do.

We know it's a tough decision but since the main show has ended, we have not had much traffic on the board. There seems to be very little interested in CSI:Cyber, so we decided this may be the best thing for the board. We love the board and would love to keep it around if people are really interested but right now it's been very tough posting.

Thanks.

Sacha & Helen
Would you be considering to start a new board on Wikifoundry.com?

Being a new member on this board, I've found it's hard to locate the topics I am interested. Is there an index page or section or something like that?