Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's great Helen - pretty much 10 years ago.

Billy's acting was pretty awesome.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

Oh wow...I feel really old now. I remember watching that episode really well and coming online to talk about it (and phoning my bff who also watched the show to tell her all about it cos she missed it that night )

I had no idea that was adlibbed. I do know a couple of cool things about that episode cos it was in that csi book I bought, but I can't remember them anymore
Old 12-06-2015, 01:19 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina (View Post)
I just saw this comment - yes! I was already posting here and being fan girly.

Awesome quote, Sacha.
The scene:

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Quotes | It’s sad, isn’t it, doc? Guys like us.*Couple of...
Petersen should have won an Emmy for his performance in Butterflied that year. A shame he didn't.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:33 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina (View Post)
I am right there with you Andalusia!!

I can't wait for the G/S moment! (As what I saw in the trailer) I bet this is going to be my favorite episode..! LOL [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I know your posting was more than a decade old. Knowing what I know now, I still believe CSI did it right, I mean, how they handled Grissom/Sara relationship. They handled it with great sensibility and excellent subtlety. Both characters were never the loud or the showy type - like Catherine's 'in your face' type of brief encounters. I still think it was a brilliant a set up to let viewers pick up the clues, bits by bits, that Grissom fell for Sara when they first met in San Fran while attending a forensic seminar. BTW, I don't know why some fans insisted on Sara was Grissom's student, and they used this reason to bash GSR into pulps.

Having Sara in LV and being a part of his team simply added drama, dilemma and complexity to Grissom, the man. I have no problem for him being in love with Sara. He had lots of personal issues plus the workplace rules simply made this relationship compelling.

CSI always managed to give the viewers good crime cases mixed with the just enough personal backstories and stories to make the viewers care about the characters on TV. I know I will this great show now it's off the air.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:46 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione2 (View Post)
While I sincerely hope nothing will happen between Grissom and Sara because they have no chemistry and are so boring together, I do wish they would give Sara some happiness. She is one of the most miserable and cold characters I've ever seen and throws tantrums like a five year old when she doesn't get her own way.

I missed Nick in this episode
I for one very glad Mr. William Petersen felt otherwise. He always maintained that he and Jorja had something great going on and fought to keep the GSR arc in place. Lucky us that we actually got to see the happy ending of this arc in the series finale.
GSR was a subtle dance. They couldn't show their feelings in full force. Guess to some viewers if they don't see the kisses, sex scenes or saying the 'I love you, then, they don't get it. What a pity. I'd rather have a Grissom/Sara moment than a Catherine getting it on with someone she picked up at a bar.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrissomPal (View Post)
I for one very glad Mr. William Petersen felt otherwise. He always maintained that he and Jorja had something great going on and fought to keep the GSR arc in place. Lucky us that we actually got to see the happy ending of this arc in the series finale.
GSR was a subtle dance. They couldn't show their feelings in full force. Guess to some viewers if they don't see the kisses, sex scenes or saying the 'I love you, then, they don't get it. What a pity. I'd rather have a Grissom/Sara moment than a Catherine getting it on with someone she picked up at a bar.
Gotta agree with everything you say here. I don't need all the sex on screen and constant I love yous. Sometimes its small actions or words between the two that you can just feel the chemistry.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:11 AM
Master Fan

Yeah GSR was all about the subtlety and thats why they worked so well. much better than other romances where you get to see verything.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:44 PM
New Fan

Butterflied, GSR and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlgreenie (View Post)
Yeah GSR was all about the subtlety and thats why they worked so well. much better than other romances where you get to see verything.
You know, this is exactly why we are still so passionate about this unconventional pairing. So what the series is off the air?

GSR was never a smooth sailing; both Grissom and Sara were far from being perfect. Maybe I fell for them because I wanted to root for the underdogs? I still don't know why this pair of geeks could grab like nothing else. All the wanting, longing, needing but not getting simply kept me hooked ever Sara came to the dummy dropping scene.

Lots of Catherine/LH/Sofia fans still claim GSR came out of nowhere even after all these years! Nowhere my foot. They just refuse to see what's right there on a weekly basis. CSI should be lauded for going against the trend. It actually dared to pair a leading man with someone OTHER THAN the leading woman. (Could it be the reason for so many Catherine's fans to turn ugly and join the Sara/GSR bashing army?)

Grissom was a tragic figure to me in many ways. He had his personal issues to deal with; he fell for a much younger woman didn't make it easy for him. The age difference issue plus the work place regulation just further pushed him to hide behind the self denial and self sacrifice wall. Butterflied was a magnificent episode. It showed case Petersen and Marg; but more importantly, it highlighted Grissom's conflicted dilemma.

I don't care what the reasons the bashers have to say, I just happen to think it only added more layers to Grissom, the man. FFS. Those criminalist are humans, not crime fighting robots. Yes, CSI was about crime solving show; but at the end of the day, it's always human drama can have the viewers hooked and have them come back on a weekly basis. (Besides, how in hell they can turn around and say Catherine should be the woman for Grissom? Guess hypocrisy doesn't apply to their 'ship'.)

True love does happen at workplace; dalliance does occur at workplace, too. I am grateful CSI gave us some great GSR episodes through out the seasons. CSI meant to entertain. So I have not lost any sleep over GSR vs Lab Policy. It's a show, not real. If people really want to be sticky about it, they should ask Catherine to button up her blouse properly first or ask why Detective Curtis would wear heeled pumps while working a crime scene. Yes, I'd like to see her chase the suspect on her two-inch heels!
Old 12-14-2015, 04:53 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrissomPal (View Post)
I would prefer that too! I love subtle scenes.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:25 PM
New Fan

I do believe that episode spoke volume about a lot of things on so many levels. David Rambo did a fantastic job with his first CSI scriptwriting assignment. As for Petersen, what was there not to like? He gave us one of his best performances, and truly brought Grissom to life. The ending scene having Sara on the other side of the two-way mirror was one of the best ending scenes of the entire show!

To me, one other thing makes this episode special is Catherine's fans insisted on claiming Catherine was Grissom's butterfly! It never fail to bring a smile to my face whenever I come across one of those comments!