Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-10-2014, 04:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Taylor (View Post)
Right now I'm upset as my poor kitty cat, Dusty is sick and she wont eat or drink, so she is goin' to the vets tomorrow, to make this day worse, a horribale inbox msg on FB just tipped me over the edge and just don't wanna lose my furbaby.
Aww I'm sorry it sucks when cats get sick. I hate it when any of my pets has to go to the vet. hope she gets better

Well so far no cold, so I guess I am in the clear
Old 08-10-2014, 02:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlgreenie (View Post)
Aww I'm sorry it sucks when cats get sick. I hate it when any of my pets has to go to the vet. hope she gets better

Well so far no cold, so I guess I am in the clear
Me too and she's asleep in her basket
Old 08-11-2014, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope she'll be okay!

Yes, that is good, Helen!

I went to this awesome museum-ish thing today where you 'travel' through the human body. It was fascinating and definitely gave me a new perspective on life.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:55 AM
Master Fan

Hi all

I'm finally back. Going to go through all the threads and see what I missed.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by splintered (View Post)
I hope she'll be okay!

Yes, that is good, Helen!

I went to this awesome museum-ish thing today where you 'travel' through the human body. It was fascinating and definitely gave me a new perspective on life.

That sounds really awesome. I love museums in general, but the scienc-y ones are my fav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SachaS44 (View Post)
Hi all

I'm finally back. Going to go through all the threads and see what I missed.
Sacha welcome back. hope you had a great time
Old 08-11-2014, 05:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Took Dusty to the vets this morning and she needed two injections and a tablet, she's back home and she looks a lot better than she did before and just glad she's ok again...

Just heard this tragic news;

Robin Williams found dead in California home, local police say | Film | theguardian.com

R.I.P Robin Williams
Old 08-12-2014, 04:15 AM
Master Fan

Glad she's doing better.

I was gutted when I heard the news. I only heard it just around 30min ago. It's terrible - he was one of my fav actors growing up and I really looked up to him. He battled depression and addiction for years and I really thought he'd be one of the ones who made it. Such a sad story
Old 08-12-2014, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome back, Sacha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Taylor (View Post)
Took Dusty to the vets this morning and she needed two injections and a tablet, she's back home and she looks a lot better than she did before and just glad she's ok again...

Just heard this tragic news;

Robin Williams found dead in California home, local police say | Film | theguardian.com

R.I.P Robin Williams
Glad to know your cat's doing better!

I'm so sad about Robin Williams. He was so amazing. It's just always sad to hear about good people being taken away from this because of mental issues. Mental illness is no joke.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:10 AM
Master Fan

R.I.P. to Robin Williams. Very sad to hear the news yesterday. My thoughts go out to his family.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:51 PM
Loyal Fan

I found out via Facebook around 3am this morning and with Dusty, she back to her old self again and informed my older brother of the news as he asked me to do so via the WhatsApp
Old 08-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Master Fan

I found out via my younger cousin who said it in a really flippant matter. It was awful cos i thought it was some sort of stupid attempt at a joke and then when I found out it was true I was so sad.

eta: I just heard that one of my all time fav actresses and role models Lauren Bacall just died. I am so incredibly sad - I know she was 89 and had a full life, but it just really sucked and right after Robin Williams as well. Ugh (btw - she's the woman in my icon btw )

Last edited by hlgreenie; 08-12-2014 at 06:04 PM
Old 08-13-2014, 06:28 AM
Master Fan

I'd never seen anything she's in but I kept seeing all over the news about her death. May she rest in peace as well. As you said, she had a long life which is very good.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I realize it's not as sad as what happened with Robin Williams, she had a really long life and she definitely lived through a lot of stuff. (anyone who dated Frank Sinatra had at least an exciting life ) But it's still always such a shame when someone dies.

She was in some great movies - especially her first few (To Have and Have Not and The Big Sleep) were amazing and really established her femme fatale persona. She was also in a few comedies like How to Marry a Millionaire (with Marilyn Monroe) and in more recent times she was in The Mirror has two faces (with barbra streisand). She was really one of the great leading ladies of classic Hollywood.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Just found out someone in my office is leaving at the end of the month. With only 7 people here to begin with, I think this is going to be weird.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:37 AM
Master Fan

Yeah it's weird to have someone leave...and when you are so little as well. Did you get on with them well?