Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2009, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

"You're Welcome" 5.12 100th Episode Discussion #2

From the WB:

Cordelia (Guest star Charisma Carpenter) mysteriously awakens from her coma and is shocked and unhappy to discover that Angel (David Boreanaz) and the group are no longer fighting Wolfram and Hart, they're running it. When she realizes that Angel has lost his conviction to be a hero, she gives him the infomation and support he needs to get back on track. Meanwhile, while Angel has security keeping an eye on Eve (Sarah Thompson), her partner Lindsay (guest star Christian Kane) prepares to bring about Angel's demise.

Alexis Denisof, J.August Richards,Amy Acker, James Marsters, Andy Hallett and Mercedes McNab also star. David Fury wrote and directed the episode.

Continue
Old 10-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Master Fan

Old 01-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

YOU'RE WELCOME

The Good;
EVERYTHING!
The Bad;
NOTHING! Well actually, Spike has met Doyle during 'In the dark' so why doesn't he recognise the significance of the name?
Best line;
CC; "You're welcome" (Could it be anything else?)
also like;
Angel (of Lindsey's new superpowers from Nepal) "They sell that crap at the airport"
and
CC (grabbing Eve by the hair) "Let's go Lilah junior"
plus
CC (to Lindsey)"Dinner and a show. And you're both!"
Jeez, how did they get away with that?
Poor old Lorne has to get bled to make the spell work. Plus slaughtered nuns (once upon a time just Angelus' thing)
Apocalypses: 5
Angel Cliches
In disguise; 8
DB/JM get's his shirt off; 18,
Cheap Angel; 8
Fang Gang in bondage:
Cordy: 5
Angel: 14
Wes: 7
Gunn; 7
Lorne; 6
Fred; 4
Spike; 6

Fang gang knocked out:
Cordy: 15
Angel: 19
Wes: 8
Doyle; 1
Gunn; 3
Lorne; 8
Groo; 1
Connor; 1
Faith; 1
Fred; 5
Spike; 5
Kills;
Cordy: 5 vamps, 3½ demons
Angel; 45 vamps, 62 and 1/2 demons, 5 zombies, 12 humans, one werewolf and one cyborg
Doyle; 1 vamp
Wes; 14 demons+5 vamps, 5 zombies, 3 humans, 2 cyborgs
Kate; 3 vamps
Faith; 18 vamps, 6 demons, 3 humans.
Gunn; 11 vamps+ 13 demons, 5 zombies, 1 human.
Groo; 1 demon
Fred; 3 vamps+ 2 demon, 5 zombies
Connor; 16 vamps, 5 zombies, 2 demons, Jasmine
Spike; 21 vamps, 7 demons+1 human+one parasite
Fang Gang go evil:
Cordy: 3
Angel: 3
Gunn; 1
Wes; 1

Alternate Fang Gang;
Cordy: 4
Angel: 11
Fred; 2
Wes; 1
Gunn; 1
Connor; 1
Lorne; 1

Characters killed: poor nuns
Recurring characters killed; alas poor Cordy, we've had her from the very first episode of Buffy all the way through to the last season of Angel (8 years and over 100 eps) and now we must say goodbye. The shallow bitch queen of Sunnydale High became the girl we loved and lost
Total number of Angel Investigations; 5, Spike now cut off from Lindsey/Doyle and drinking with the AI gang (as indeed is a lonely Harmony)
Angel, Gunn, Fred, Lorne, Wes,

Angel Investigations shot:
Angel: 14
Wes; 2
Packing heat;
Wes; 11
Doyle; 1
Angel; 4
Gunn; 3
Fred; 3

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost:
Cordy: 5 ?+Wilson/Hacksaw Beast+Phantom Dennis+Groo+Connor plus possibly the Beast
Angel: 6; Buffy, Darla, The Transcending Furies, Eve
Wes; 3 definite; Virginia, the bleached blonde and Lilah, 1 possible, Justine
Gunn; 2 Fred and Gwen.
Fred; 1 Gunn
Groo; 1Cordy
Spike; 3-Buffy, Anya, Harmony

Kinky dinky:
Eve hints that Angel really rocked her world during their sex in 'Life of the Party'.
Captain Subtext;
Eve remarks that Angel is still the centre of Lindsey's universe. Hmmm?
Know the face, different character; 5
Parking garages;
Guantanamo Bay;
Harmony beats up Eve but doesn't get to bite her. Eve seems to give up Lindsey very easily. Once again we have the strangely ambivalent attitude to torture we see in a lot of TV and movies
Buffy characters on Angel; 17
Wetherby, Collins and Smith. Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy, Wes, Faith, Darla, Dru, The Master, Anne, Willow and Harmony. POSSIBLY The First Evil, Andrew.
What the fanficcers thought;
Read a lovely one where the last thing CC does is go to see Phantom Dennis, tells him she loves him and that it's time for them both to pass to the afterlife. And he does so they can be together forever. Another familar theme is that Xander's attempts to reason with Willow at the end of Grave fail and DarkWillow either destroys the world or takes it over in partnership with The First Evil. Then Cordy appears to her and convinces her to set things right because SHE rather than Xander is the real love of Willow's life.

Missing scenes;

Questions and observations;
The critter in the tank is very reminiscent of the 4-5-6 we see in Torchwood; Children of Earth. Cordy joins Willow, Buffy, Giles, Angel, Spike, Dawn, Andrew and Riley as a Scooby bitten by a vampire. CC apologies to Wes for killing Lilah. Wes forgives her, possibly because of his own behaviour in 'Billy' and under Jasmine's influence. Nice joke on Hollywood that Conor Farrell (most overrated actor EVER?) is unknown to CC. We see Doyle again, all the more poignant as Glenn Quinn had died from a heroin overdose (with Andy Hallet also gone pretty soon they might start talking of the 'Curse of Angel') Episode 12 of season 5, only 10 eps of Angel left.
Why not DB and CC on the commentary although Christian and Sarah do a great job. First appearance of Izzy the Devil who'll be more important later. Did Lindsey maybe bump into Oz during his travels in Nepal? He refers to Angel as Eurotrash, yeah pal, he's from where the history is from.
Last scene is great and it's not suprise that the tears CC and DB cry are actually real, as were mine.
The WB celebrate the 100th ep of Angel, a series that has run for 5 years and increased it's audience whilst slashing it's budget and has the 3rd bestselling DVDs in the US (Buffy no2, Band of Brothers no1). Then they cancel it. Then they go bust. Serves them right the morons!
Marks out of 10; 10/10 (sob!)
saturn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My second favourite episode of S5 (NFA is #1) but it's a throw back to old school ATS. You know when everyone still liked each other and they were a family. That video of Doyle gets me every time
Old 01-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Thought I'd repost some old You're Welcome gifs I've made.

amy2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think they always liked each other, there are tensions in every group.

Alas poor Cordy, a much missed character but a great send off
Old 01-21-2010, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I felt like they were just people who worked together

I finally have an appropriate vid for one of these threads

Old 01-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Passionate Fan

the video by the way. I'm sure Cordelia in afterlife will be able to see it.

amy2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyt (View Post)
I felt like they were just people who worked together

Angel refers to AI both as friends AND family
Old 01-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And in S5, there was no AI, they all worked for W&H. Your point?

I think we're all allowed to have a different opinion this. The family aspect that we'd seen in S1, S2 and some parts of S3 felt hollow to me for the rest of the series I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying that I didn't feel the same way about the show in the end.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

To my mind the definitive AI line-up (Angel, Wes, Gunn, Fred, Lorne, Cordy) was in season 3
Old 01-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Master Fan

for me fred was never part of the family, i will always see her as one of thr reasons the "family" feel was ripped apart when wes and gunns friendship was ruined because of her. i never cared for fred as part of AI or the show
Old 01-26-2010, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just thought that there was too much emphasis on her when people who'd been there from the beginning (Cordy) was barely remembered or mourned

As for them being a family? Well S3 pretty much killed that notion tbh.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Master Fan

I agree with you
Old 05-16-2015, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wonderful episode!
Loved it that Cordy came back for one episode.
Spike playing video games was fun to watch