Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2008, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Your Most Appreciated Special Features

We all see the episodes over and over again, but the DVDs also contain great extra material. Is there any Commentary\commentator you think stand out, or featurette you cant get enough of?

As can be no surprise for anyone who knows me the Introducing Spike-featurette is on the top of my list. when I first saw that, I knew it was going to be a hit, so I tried to keep track of how many times I saw it. But I lost count somewhere around 20

another one I see a lot is the panel discussion included in the S6-box. with my non-native english, and Joss' trademark number of layers of irony there is always new points to catch!
Callace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:30 AM
New Fan

Any commentaries with Joss Whedon are godly. I dug the stuff on the music on the season 4 DVD's, but that's mostly just 'cause I want to be a wannabe muso.
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by callace (View Post)

As can be no surprise for anyone who knows me the Introducing Spike-featurette is on the top of my list.
Yes! "Spike Me" is my favorite too.

I haven't watched all the commentaries yet but recently I have been watching s2 special features. I like Joss's interviews for each episode (short and sweet). As far as commentaries I like Marti Noxon's for What's My Line 1 & 2.
=-Kathy-> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades (View Post)
Any commentaries with Joss Whedon are godly. I dug the stuff on the music on the season 4 DVD's, but that's mostly just 'cause I want to be a wannabe muso.
As far as ones about music I liked Joss's commentary on the S6 ep "Once More with Feeling". I'm not sure if there are additional features about it though.
=-Kathy-> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by =-Kathy-> (View Post)
I like Marti Noxon's for What's My Line 1 & 2.
I love that too! WML is one of the few eps I actually like better with commentary than without Marti is a really good commentator. I wish she did more of them! (actually, I would really like all the eps to be commented. but I know thats too much to ask )
Old 01-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Passionate Fan

I definitely like Joss conmentaries on episodes... Innocene, The Body, OMWF, and Chosen. Interesting how he writes the characters plus the musical episode on how he thought up the songs..

Plus the bloopers are great too

amy2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy2345 (View Post)

Plus the bloopers are great too
Yes! but when watching those, it somehow bugs me that there are no screwed up Spike-lines included
Old 03-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love the outtakes
And I love all the audio commentaries from Joss. They´re just perfect
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

https://www.reddit.com/r/buffy/comme..._a_vhs_player/
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 12:28 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

That's cool, I love the way the pictures line up with the sets. The DVD series of Buffy I got took up less room though lol.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Same here. DVDs need less space.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
That's cool, I love the way the pictures line up with the sets.
agreed

I don’t think I’m old enough to have ever seen a TV series on VHS tapes like that other than cartoons/kids shows/ones that were recorded
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:49 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

When I was a kid I never got the video tapes of shows. I don't recall them being sets of the seasons though, just a few episodes or specials. It would of taken up even more space to put all those seasons on a VHS tape, that's horrifying to think about lol. I'm glad a lot of shows I watched in the 90's are on DVD now, always great to go back and watch them, and every 90's show I watched I still love. That's what I miss about cartoons, they were mature. Kids and adults could enjoy them.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread