Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2015, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

In many ways I feel like Xander is the character the majority of people can relate to the most.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I agree, & I feel like it was a very conscious decision from the writers to make sure he always stayed very human & never got any superpowers

jtmtzrwj: tumblr.ants
Old 01-05-2015, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

He was the most normal in that sense, and that combined with the fact that he did make mistakes and screwed up a lot, made him the character most viewers could probably relate to the most. The show NEEDED Xander, and he was the glue that held everyone together at times.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I couldn't agree more, he was what kept it grounded in a lot of ways - but he also kept the other characters ground too, having him, this human in his life. Mostly Buffy at first, how it was always said that the ties to her world were what kept her around so long, & then with everything Willow went through too, I always felt it was really important that she had that too
Old 01-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Xander really did become the guy who saw everything, a lot of things others didn't. There's no doubt that Buffy would not have made it as far as she did without Xander (and Willow) in her life. heck, she'd have been dead in S1 if Xander hadn't gone after her in Prophecy Girl.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Definitely, & he saved a lot of others through the series too...I always think it's a shame he doesn't get more credit for that. I mean, considering the fact that he is just human, he puts himself at way more risk than Buffy & the others do, so even though he gets in the way sometimes, I think he does a pretty damn good job overall.

jtmtzrwj: tumblr.ants
Old 01-09-2015, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Xander is like the Ron Weasley of the Buffy series, he has the least powers and is presented as the geeky nerd there for comic value, but time and again he puts his fears and lack of strength aside to fight the forces of darkness and stand up for his friends. Does he make mistakes along the way and make stupid decisions? Yes of course, but that shouldn't take away fro what he did or his importance to the group.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Exactly. & I feel like people hold the fact that he doesn't have any superpowers against him more...when surely that means he should get more credit?

Oh well, we can appreciate him
Old 01-10-2015, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

In my eyes that absolutely means he should get more credit, and kudos to Nicky, who played him so well over the years.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Glad you see it, & Nicky really did do a good job, that or he is pretty much Xander himself. That's a mark of a good actor, when you're not sure if it's the character or just them
Old 02-17-2015, 07:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Many times when I heard Xander say something funny or sarcastic, especially in the early years, it felt to me like Joss Whedon himself was speaking to us through Nick Brendon's voice. Yet somehow, Nick made those Jossisms his own, and Xander developed as his own comedic and sometimes bitingly observant entity. I think Brendon is underrated as an actor--delivering those lines, some of those no doubt being Joss's favorites, must not have been easy. His delivery was fantastic overall, and something I consider irreplaceable about the series.

On to sadder news: I hope Nick gets the treatment he desperately needs. Alcoholism is a horrible, horrible disease.
Old 02-18-2015, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

I read that on my newsfeed the other day. As always, I wish Nick all the very best.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wish him all the best. He´ll get better.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by fanforum~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 03-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

He's so lovely as well, so nice with fans, I really hope he can beat this
Old 03-06-2015, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah he´s really lovely with his fans.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by fanforum~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Closed Thread   Post New Thread