Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2016, 09:42 AM
Elite Fan

Huh. That actually gives some more context to Willow flipping out about Xander/Cordy later on. Not that it was needed, given how she felt about Cordy, but still
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 04-09-2016, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Aww, I do like how they were trying to prepare their friends a little bit - I wonder if they had actually spoken about making their relationship official
Old 12-28-2016, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Bringing some pretty!

Why do I have to be bait? I’m always bait. Why... • Marshmallow the Vampire Slayer

Old 01-30-2017, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Let´s give those two more love
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 01-31-2017, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

I never really though about it, but the way they bicker back and forth is very much like how Anya and Xander interacted at points
Old 02-02-2017, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah you´re right their bickering was similar to the Anya/Xander one
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 02-03-2017, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I can definitely see some parallels in the two relationships, same with Cordelia & Doyle too - I guess they both just needed relationships with that bickering element in them
Old 02-04-2017, 06:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

I love Xander/Cordy bickering even more than I love Xander/Anya or Cordy/Doyle bickering. Just watching their scenes, you can tell that NB and CC had a lot of fun playing off of each other.

Xander/Cordy is kind of a bittersweet pairing for me. It's one of those relationships where I think the people involved cared for each other, but just weren't really mature enough to make it work. I think Anya was better for Xander because she helped him to grow up more, and I think Doyle was better for Cordy for the same reason, but I always think it's one of the Buffyverse's biggest missed opportunities that we never got to see Xander and Cordy interact again as adults. Xander became more mature, he had his own respectable job and came to be the one to hold the Scoobies together. Cordy also became more heroic, found her purpose in life helping people and came to be the one to hold the Fang Gang together. They both grew up so much, and it's a shame the other never got to see that. I don't think it's a coincidence that both Xander and Cordy were referred to as the "hearts" of their respective groups.

"Strong is fighting. It's hard, and it's painful. And it's every day. It's what we have to do."
Old 02-06-2017, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Corey on the other hand made Dander have better fashion sense. Season Three was his best dressed years. Xander and Cordy could have matured as people if it hadn't been for The Xander & Willow affair.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I can definitely see some parallels in the two relationships, same with Cordelia & Doyle too - I guess they both just needed relationships with that bickering element in them
Yeah no bickering no fun
Old 02-10-2017, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

Bickering is where all the fun ships start, isn't it?
Old 02-14-2017, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

It depends on the ship.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

True. There's quite a few good ones that have started with that though
Old 02-17-2017, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriosityShell (View Post)
I love Xander/Cordy bickering even more than I love Xander/Anya or Cordy/Doyle bickering. Just watching their scenes, you can tell that NB and CC had a lot of fun playing off of each other.

Xander/Cordy is kind of a bittersweet pairing for me. It's one of those relationships where I think the people involved cared for each other, but just weren't really mature enough to make it work. I think Anya was better for Xander because she helped him to grow up more, and I think Doyle was better for Cordy for the same reason, but I always think it's one of the Buffyverse's biggest missed opportunities that we never got to see Xander and Cordy interact again as adults. Xander became more mature, he had his own respectable job and came to be the one to hold the Scoobies together. Cordy also became more heroic, found her purpose in life helping people and came to be the one to hold the Fang Gang together. They both grew up so much, and it's a shame the other never got to see that. I don't think it's a coincidence that both Xander and Cordy were referred to as the "hearts" of their respective groups.
I hadn't thought of that 'hearts' thing before, that should be a title sometime

I agree that it's bittersweet, I think they're just a realistic high school couple though. They care about each other & there's definitely potential to make it work, but they're just not mature enough to make it work & probably don't quite realize at that point what it takes to nurture a relationship & make it work - I think it helped make them ready for the relationships that came later though
Old 02-19-2017, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Too bad they couldn't last.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread