Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2019, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I know! Even in "The Gift" episode when Buffy is telling Willow she's the strongest one, Willow is in so denial about that. lol
Old 05-07-2019, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know why. She didn't seem to be in denial when Season 6 started.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

You're right, there was quite a shift in her attitude there
Old 05-23-2019, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆ (View Post)
I don't know why. She didn't seem to be in denial when Season 6 started.
Buffy death really changed Willow... before that, she was the Willow I just remembered.... resurrection Buffy really did make her feel as a God.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:42 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I agree. I think Buffy's death and pretty much becoming the new leader changed her. I guess her magic had to get stronger over the summer to protect everyone in Buffy's absence. I'm sure that's what made her even more cocky and made her more addicted to magic. Now that I'm older, I love Willow's magic addiction storyline even more. I love how she got dangerous, realized her problem and became sober, then once she lost a loved one she just let the dam burst and didn't hold back. It was a great thing to watch and the only thing I liked about S6.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Buffy death really changed Willow... before that, she was the Willow I just remembered.... resurrection Buffy really did make her feel as a God.
Which made her look selfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
You're right, there was quite a shift in her attitude there
Triangle is proof.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Yeah, I agree. I think Buffy's death and pretty much becoming the new leader changed her. I guess her magic had to get stronger over the summer to protect everyone in Buffy's absence. I'm sure that's what made her even more cocky and made her more addicted to magic. Now that I'm older, I love Willow's magic addiction storyline even more. I love how she got dangerous, realized her problem and became sober, then once she lost a loved one she just let the dam burst and didn't hold back. It was a great thing to watch and the only thing I liked about S6.

Yup when you noticed you are so powerful that you have the power to bring someone back from death, in a way I can see why it would make one feel as a good because it is pretty unheard of to have that power and I loved how Giles was really the first one to see how bad it was for Willow to bring Buffy back because she is playing with forces that she didn't understand.

When I first watched it, I disliked the whole Willow arc in season 6. I did like when she gave up the magic but of course than Tara's death happened.
When I re-watch it, I sort of appreciate the writers for doing the arc because there are like sex addiction, and drug addiction and the way Willow was acting was like a drug addicted person who just couldn't stop it. Even when she first stopped it, she was going through her withdrawls so it was sort of a realistic storyline in a way.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

I agree, there are so many addictions in the world and Willow's magic addiction was like a drug addiction. It's the same with Buffy's destructive relationship with Spike. I hated the pairing but it was easier for me to see that people can make very bad, unhealthy choices for themselves when they are depressed or not mentally well. Which was Buffy's mindset in S6. So I appreciate the ROOT of both storylines now than I did then.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

It just made me miss the earlier seasons of Willow then.
Old 05-31-2019, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Same.

Quote:
I agree, there are so many addictions in the world and Willow's magic addiction was like a drug addiction. It's the same with Buffy's destructive relationship with Spike. I hated the pairing but it was easier for me to see that people can make very bad, unhealthy choices for themselves when they are depressed or not mentally well. Which was Buffy's mindset in S6. So I appreciate the ROOT of both storylines now than I did then.
It was like a magic addiction and I probably would've dealt with that perfectly if she wasn't playing with Tara's mind as well. It was so difficult to see that after what Glory had done to Tara... to really force Tara into staying with her through magic was a mess. I loved Tara calling her out and telling her if you don't want to fight, you don't fight but you can't use magic to let the problems disappear.

For Willow to use her magic to fix everything especially her relationship with Tara was hard to watch especially since I really loved them... I did still ship them after that fact when they reunited and Willow showed she could stop using magic but the first half of season 6, she was the most irritating character to watch.
Old 05-31-2019, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

I hated how Willow erased Tara's memory, I don't get how she could do that to her after Glory violated her that way. Willow had this mindset like she was God before she quit magic cold turkey.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I hated how Willow erased Tara's memory, I don't get how she could do that to her after Glory violated her that way. Willow had this mindset like she was God before she quit magic cold turkey.
I completely agree.... I was okay with the addiction storyline but letting Willow go that far?? And of course Tara was pissed at Willow and than Willow used her magic and they sleep together... a scene which will always go down as Willow's worst scene of the series to me.
Of course Tara eventually put the pieces together in the musical episodes when Dawn mentioned the problems that she and Willow were having.

I just felt sad when Tara told Willow to just go a week without magic. She couldn't even do that and you can see how painful it was to Tara.

And than almost killing Dawn in a car wreck... happy that Buffy didn't have the baby gloves on her during that.

And finally she changed! and urg Amy with her nonsense. I felt bad for Willow there.

But we gotta give it to Giles for being the FIRST one concerned.
Unfortunately, Tara, Anya and Xander never should have agreed with the bring Buffy alive mission because that was a ...... force of nature type of stuff.
Old 06-01-2019, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I agree, it was a terrible scene, & it never even seemed like Willow understood why Tara was so upset or why it was wrong

I think Xander just kinda trusted in what Willow said, because he didn't know much about magic. In Anya's 1000 years, you'd think she would have seen some resurrections & wrong they can go & for Tara... idk, she respected witchcraft a lot, so it doesn't really make sense to me that she would go along with it, I guess they were all just desperate
Old 06-01-2019, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, they were desperate considering the world they lived in with no slayer to protect them. Bringing someone back from the dead never turns out well though lol. I hated what they did to Amy and how they had her turn on Willow. I remember when I first watched the episode, I was surprised Dawn slapped Willow but she deserved it. It makes sense Giles could see the dangerous path Willow was set on, I wonder if he stayed if it wouldn't of turned out so bad. I think Giles leaving town is what hurt everyone as a core group a lot in S6.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I agree, it was a terrible scene, & it never even seemed like Willow understood why Tara was so upset or why it was wrong
Earlier Willow would've understood that, the later WIllow is a different story. I would've thought she would learn her lesson back in Something Blue with her being intelligent and all that.

Quote:
I think Giles leaving town is what hurt everyone as a core group a lot in S6.
I strongly disagree with that because he isn't responsible for everyone to be sane. It's other people's responsibility to keep themselves sane. Children can't live with daddy forever. Anthony Steward Head can take time off if he wants to. He can't stay on because fans want him to. I mean I am not particularly fond of Charisma being on Angel for reasons that shouldn't be discussed here.

Buffy was placing all of the responsibilities on him and he didn't like that. I wouldn't either. Giles does NOT have to be responsible for everything. How is Buffy going to learn if he were to stay around?
Yes, Giles stayed in Sunnydale when Buffy asked him to be her watcher in Season 5, but that was when her mother was around.
Yes, Buffy was depressed in Season 6, but that is no excuse to place ALL of the responsibility onto a man who has responsibilities himself. That house isn't Giles's house. Dawn isn't under Giles's custody. Giles isn't some man to sponge off of. Giles isn't responsible if things fall apart. He isn't the glue to keep all things sane. If anyone who is at fault for not keeping the payments on the house while Buffy was in heaven, it would be Willow and Tara. They were slacking off on the responsibilities that things started to get bad in that household. It wasn't Giles's fault, it was Willow&Tara's stupidity. One of them could've stayed home to watch over Dawn, or they both get a job and have either Spike or Xander to watch Dawn.

Last edited by ☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆; 06-02-2019 at 11:52 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread