Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2017, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I only preferred Willow/Riley as friends...nothing more.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think that's what we were all pretty much saying

Just would have been nice to see them get more screentime, it was nice how he made them cut Oz's music at the party too - I could almost seeing him being like a big brother to her
Old 04-27-2017, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

^ Correct. I'm fairly positive no-one here actually ships it, but we were just discussing that at a point, it was at least a possibility. Kinda like Buffy/Xander and such.

I could see that as well
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 04-28-2017, 03:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

I was always a little disappointed that we never saw a Buffy/Willow talk after Riley left. We got the sweet (but heartbreaking) scene of Buffy confiding and crying to Willow in "The Prom" about the Angel break-up. We also got Buffy comforting Willow in "Wild at Heart" and "Wrecked" about the Oz and Tara break-ups. I wish we could have seen a similar thing between them after "Into the Woods".

"Strong is fighting. It's hard, and it's painful. And it's every day. It's what we have to do."
Old 04-29-2017, 08:21 AM
Elite Fan

I would have liked to see that as well It would have made a lot of sense to see it happen, given the previous instances you mentioned.

Last edited by Charmed Slayer Angel; 04-29-2017 at 08:31 AM
Old 04-30-2017, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Lovely pic

& I wish we had got a scene like that, they didn't really get that much in the back half of season 5 until The Weight of the World....they didn't even have a scene with just the two of them after Buffy's mom died
Old 05-01-2017, 04:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Gorgeous AH pic

I think the lack of Buffy/Willow in S5-S7 might have been a consequence of their relationships with Dawn and Tara. Once Dawn came along, Willow stopped being the primary female influence in Buffy's life. Same with Buffy once Tara came along. It's a little bittersweet, but true to life.

"Strong is fighting. It's hard, and it's painful. And it's every day. It's what we have to do."
Old 05-01-2017, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

^ Very well said. I think that might have been exactly what the writers were trying to portray, similiar to how they wrote the Core Scoobies somewhat drifting apart in Season 4 as a result of where life was tugging them all.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I kinda see that & agree that it's what happens in real life, but I don't get the impression it was all intentional, I think the writers just slacked off on the main friendships in the later seasons....
Old 05-02-2017, 10:06 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, definitely, I'm not denying that whatsoever. It's one of my chief complaints about the final two seasons. I think it became more ship based than anything else
Old 05-04-2017, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Me too, I'll always feel resentful about that, & feel like we were all a little cheated

lesbian lover day
Old 05-04-2017, 02:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

I agree. In S4-S5, the distance between the Scoobies felt earned. They were growing apart in S4. In S5, Buffy had a LOT to deal with: taking care of her mother, protecting Dawn, her relationship with Riley. Her separation/distance from everyone felt natural. And Willow and Xander were in their first grown-up relationships. It was completely realistic. In S6-S7, SOME of the conflict/distance between them was well-written, but a lot of it wasn't, and the writers did such a poor job patching everything up between them before the finale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmedSlayerAngel
Oh, definitely, I'm not denying that whatsoever. It's one of my chief complaints about the final two seasons. I think it became more ship based than anything else
That's a really good point. Not to bash Buffy/Spike or anything (because I do really like that ship), but I feel like the writers purposely made the Scoobies look bad at times to boost up Spike and his relationship with Buffy, in particular.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:27 PM
Elite Fan

Dawn's reaction in those gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriosityShell (View Post)
That's a really good point. Not to bash Buffy/Spike or anything (because I do really like that ship), but I feel like the writers purposely made the Scoobies look bad at times to boost up Spike and his relationship with Buffy, in particular.
Same I don't really care for Buffy/Spike either way, but I think the last two seasons had a lot more fan service in them and some of the other characters suffered for it
Old 05-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I massively resent Buffy/Spike, I can't help it I hate the fact that the writers decided to build them up by destroying her relationships with everyone else - if the writers didn't want to get Buffy & Spike in that abandoned house in 7x20, that whole mess in 7x19 never would have happened, I honestly believe that the writers made everyone else look bad to boost Spike/Spuffy, & for me it had the exact opposite effect that they wanted

How old was Dawn meant to be there? 16?
Old 05-06-2017, 11:08 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

^^^I agree, they had to throw some people under the bus for Spike/Buffy. Or in S7 when she treated Giles like crap cause he was fine with letting Wood get vengance for his mother (who Spike KILLED) Giles was like a father to her and she was looking down at him cause he didn't mind a vampire that tried to kill them all for YEARS and almost raped her getting killed. GTFOOH.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread