Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Extreme Fan

What are Your Top 5 Speeches/Monologues Ever on BTVS?

What Have Been You Top 5 Speeches/Monologues Ever on BTVS?

Buffy loves Spike
Dazzling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:16 AM
Extreme Fan

I am a die hard B/A fan...but I did like the monologue Spike delivered to Buffy when her TERRIBLE FAMILY kicked her out of her house. "...You're a hell of a woman.." etc. It was beautiful. And I loved that he stood up for her. I also love Angel's voice overs in Ty King's ep "Passion". Um....the monologue Buffy delivers in Chosen...The argument she has with her mum in becoming, part 2....there are just too many to choose from, really...

Angel: I love you.
Buffy: I love you.
Angel: Nothing can change that. Not even death.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Anya's heartwretching speech in "The Body" is pretty Much one of my Biggies.

I would also mention Buffy's speech in Chosen, just because of the context.

Icon Credit to angel_1stdegree
Starvixen1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:36 AM
Master Fan

#1 “I’m sixteen, I don’t wanna die”- Buffy in Prophecy Girl
#2 “The hardest thing in this world is to live in it”- Buffy in The Gift
#3 “147 Days/Every night I save you”- Spike, in After Life
#4 “You’re extraordinary”-Xander in Potential
#5 “Why?”- Anya, in The Body (I think this one is so brilliant because it comes from Anya, who is essentially comic relief and nothing more and then there she is- asking the question none of us have the answer to, why do people die? And her incapability to grasp the fact that there’s no answer just resonates something in me, and leaves me feeling extremely touched.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:21 AM
Addicted Fan

*Buffy's 'I'm 16 years old...I don't want to die...' speech.
*Angel's voice overs in Passion*
*Giles's talk about Angel coming back from Hell in Beauty & The Beasts*
*Anya's speech in the Body*
*Spike's speech to Buffy in 'Touched'* Now I am no Spuffy fan, I hate them together but this speech was beautiful, I admit.
*Spike talking about 'the spark...' in Beneath You*. Again this actually got to me considering I'm not a fan of his.
*Buffy and Dawn at the end in Forever*
*Xander's talk to Buffy in 'Into The Woods'.

We are all stories in the end
Ms X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Xander's speech to Dawn about being special even without the superpowers

made by my friend Romain
Sosa Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Top 5:

1. Spike's Speech to Buffy in Touched.
Spike: You listen to me. I've been a live a bit longer then you and dead a lot longer then that. I've seen things you couldn't imagine and done things I'd prefer you didn't. I don't exactly have a reputation for being a thinker. I follow my blood which doesn't exactly rush in the direction of my brain, so I make a lot of mistakes. A lof of wrong bloody calls. A hundrend plus years and theres only one thing I've even been sure of.. You. Hey, look at me. I'm not asking you for anyhing. When I say I love you it's not because I love you or because I can't have you. I love what you are, what you do. How you try. I've seen you kindness and your strength. I've seen the best and the worst of you and I understand with perfect clarity exactly who you are. Your a hell of a woman. Your the one, Buffy.

2. Anya's Speech in the Body.
Anya: But I don't understand! I don't understand how this all happens. How we go through this. I mean I knew her and then she's , .. there's just a body and I don't understand why she just can't get back in it and not be dead anymore. It's stupid. It's mortal and stupid. And Xander's crying and not talking and I was having fruit punch and I thought well Joyce will never have anymore fruit punch ever, and she'll never have eggs or yawn or brush her hair, not ever and no one will explain to me why..

3. Buffy's Speech to Johnathan in Earshot:
Buffy: You know what? I was wrong. You are an idiot. My life happens to on occassion, suck beyond the telling of it. Sometimes more than I can handle. And it's not just mine. Every single person down there is ignoring your pain because the're too bust with their own. The beautiful ones. The popular ones. The guys that pick on you. Everyone. If you could hear what they were feeling. The loneliness. The confusion. It looks quiet down here. It's not. It's deafening.

4. Spike's Speech to Buffy in Beneath You:
Spike: Buffy shame on you. Why does a man do what he musn't? For her. To be hers. To be the kind of man who would nev- To be the kind of man. And she will look on him with forgiveness. And everybody will forgive and love. He will be loved. So everything's okay, right? Can we rest now? Buffy, Can we rest?

5. Xander's Speech to Willow in Grave:
Xander: I know you're in pain. I can't imagine the pain you're in. And I now you're about to do something apocalyptically evil and stupid and hey... still want to hand. You're Willow.

Willow: Don't call me that.

Xander: First day of kindergarten. You cried because you broke the yellow crayon and you were too afraid to tell anyone. You've come pretty far, ending the world, not a terrific notion. But the thing is? Yeah. I love you. U loved crayon-breaky Willow and I love.. scrary veiny Willow. So if I'm going out, it's here. If you wanna kill the world? Well, then start with me. I've earned that.

Willow: You think I won't?

Xander: It doesn't matter. I'll still love you.

Buffy loves Spike
Old 05-31-2007, 09:30 PM
Extreme Fan

I already picked my 5 but I watched Weight of the World the other day and I thought Glory had an awesome monologue.

Glory: Funny , cause I look around at this world your so eager to be a part of.. and all I see is 6 billion lunatics looking for the fastest ride out. Who's not crazy? Look around. Everyone's drinking, smoking, shooting up, or shooting eachother, or just plain screwing their brain outs cause they don't want them anymore. I'm crazy. Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.

Sometimes even the Crazy Hell Gods get the good monologues.

Buffy loves Spike
Old 06-04-2007, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzling (View Post)
I already picked my 5 but I watched Weight of the World the other day and I thought Glory had an awesome monologue.

Glory: Funny , cause I look around at this world your so eager to be a part of.. and all I see is 6 billion lunatics looking for the fastest ride out. Who's not crazy? Look around. Everyone's drinking, smoking, shooting up, or shooting eachother, or just plain screwing their brain outs cause they don't want them anymore. I'm crazy. Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.

Sometimes even the Crazy Hell Gods get the good monologues.
I love that and all the ones you picked.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Master Fan

I'm posting my whole ones because.. I like to read them. xD

1. Buffy - The Gift
Dawn listen to me. Listen. I love you. I will always love you. This is the work I have to do. Tell Giles... Tell Giles I figured it out. And... I'm okay. Give my love to my friends. You have to take care of them now -- you have to take care of each other. You have to be strong. Dawn, the hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live. For me.

2. Angel - Passion
Passion. It lies in all of us. Sleeping... ...waiting... And though unwanted... ...unbidden... it will stir...open its jaws, and howl. It speaks to us... guides us... Passion rules us all. And we obey. What other choice do we have?
Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love... the clarity of hatred... and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion, maybe we'd know some kind of peace. But we would be hollow. Empty rooms, shuttered and dank... Without passion, we'd be truly dead.

3. Whistler - Becoming 1
Bottom line is, even if you see 'em coming, you're not ready for the big moments.No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does. So what are we, helpless? Puppets? No. The big moments are gonna come. You can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are.

4. Anya - The Body
I don't understand how this all happens. How we go through this. I mean, I knew her, and then she's, there's just a body, and I don't understand why she just can't get back in it and not be dead anymore. It's stupid. It's mortal and stupid. And, and Xander's crying and not talking, and, and I was having fruit punch, and I thought, well, Joyce will never have any more fruit punch ever, and she'll never have eggs, or yawn or brush her hair, not ever, and no one will explain to me why.

5. Xander - Potential
I saw what you did last night. You thought you were all special. Miss Sunnydale 2003. And the minute you found out you weren't, you handed the crown to Amanda without a moment's pause. You gave her your power. They'll never know how tough it is, Dawnie, to be the one who isn't chosen. To live so near to the spotlight and never step in it. But I know. I see more than anybody realizes because nobody's watching me. I saw you last night. I see you working here today. You're not special. You're extraordinary.
Forgotten By The Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Liz those are good ones too.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:01 AM
New Fan

To me the most Touching monologue i have ever heard from any show is the one Xander gives in Potential with his talk with Dawn. That brings me too tears every time.

' I see more than anybody realizes because... Nobody's watching Me' :'(
spike4buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:11 PM
New Fan

This is one of my favourite episodes, moments, and speeches from Buffy

------------------------------------------------

JONATHAN: We have one more award to give out. Is Buffy Summers here tonight? Did she, um... This is actually a new category. First time ever. I guess there were a lot of write-in ballots, and, um, the prom committee asked me to read this. "We're not good friends. Most of us never found the time to get to know you, but that doesn't mean we haven't noticed you. We don't talk about it much, but it's no secret that Sunnydale High isn't really like other high schools. A lot of weird stuff happens here."

Crowd outbursts: Zombies! Hyena people! Snyder! (laughter)

JONATHAN: "But, whenever there was a problem or something creepy happened, you seemed to show up and stop it. Most of the people here have been saved by you, or helped by you at one time or another. We're proud to say that the Class of '99 has the lowest mortality rate of any graduating class in Sunnydale history." (applause from the crowd) "And we know at least part of that is because of you. So the senior class, offers its thanks, and gives you, uh, this."

Jonathan produces a multicolored, glittering, miniature umbrella with a small metal plaque attached to the shaft.

JONATHAN: It's from all of us, and it has written here, "Buffy Summers, Class Protector."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was the first moment that everyone got to be in it, so to speak.

Buffy Summers, Class Protector
from The Prom (Season 3)

#2 “The hardest thing in this world is to live in it”- Buffy in The Gift
#3 “You’re extraordinary”-Xander in Potential
#4 "The gift"

Giles:" Can you move?" to ben.

Ben: Need a ... a minute. She could've killed me.

Giles: No she couldn't. Never. And sooner or later Glory will re-emerge, and ... make Buffy pay for that mercy. And the world with her. Buffy even knows that... (reaches into his pocket, takes out his glasses) and still she couldn't take a human life.

Giles: She's a hero, you see. (Giles puts his glasses on) She's not like us.
Ben: Us?

it's short but good!

#5 forget the episode ,, but the speech Xander gives to buffy just before she runs to catch riley's helicopter when he's leaving
---addition---.. and the one he gives anya when he's finished

Last edited by sired_inthe_80s; 07-20-2007 at 12:29 PM
sired_inthe_80s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:00 AM
Supreme Fan

My Top 5... Lets See [Does Flahs Backs]

Quote # 5:
Season 7: Choses:
Buffy: So here's the part where you make a choice: What if you could have that power... now? In every generation, one slayer is born... because a bunch of men who died thousands of years ago made up that rule. They were powerful men. This woman is more powerful than all of them combined. So I say we change the rule. I say my power... should be our power. Tomorrow, Willow will use the essence of the scythe to change our destiny. From now on, every girl in the world who might be a slayer... will be a slayer. Every girl who could have the power... will have the power... can stand up, will stand up. Slayers... every one of us. Make your choice. Are you ready to be strong?

Quote # 4:
Season 3: Earshot:
Buffy: : You know what? I was wrong. You are an idiot. My life happens to, on occasion, suck beyond the telling of it. Sometimes more than I can handle. And it's not just mine. Every single person down there is ignoring your pain because they're too busy with their own.

Quote # 3:
Season 2: Becoming Part 2:
Buffy: Open your eyes, Mom. What do you think has been going on for the past two years? The fights, the weird occurrences. How many times have you washed blood out of my clothing, and you still haven't figured it out?
Joyce: Well, it stops now!
Buffy: No, it doesn't stop. It never stops. Do you think I chose to be like this? Do you have any idea how lonely it is? How dangerous? I would love to be upstairs watching TV or gossiping about boys or, god, even studying! But I have to save the world. Again.

Quote # 2:
Season 6: Grave:
Xander: Yeah, I get that. It's just – where else am I going to go? You've been my best friend my whole life. World gonna end - where else would I want to be?
Willow: Is this the master plan? You're going to stop me by telling me you love me?
Xander: Well, I was going to walk you off a cliff and hand you an anvil, but it seemed kinda cartoony.
Xander: I'm not joking. I know you're in pain. I can't imagine the pain you're in. I know you're about to do something apocalyptically evil and stupid and hey, still want to hang. You're Willow.
Willow: Don't call me th-
Xander: First day of kindergarten you cried 'cause you broke the yellow crayon and you were too afraid to tell anyone. You've come pretty far, ending the world, not a terrific notion but the thing is, yeah. I love you. I loved crayon-breaky Willow and I love scary veiny Willow. So if I'm going out, it's here. You wanna kill the world, you start with me. I've earned that.
Willow: You think I wont?
Xander: It doesnt matter... Ill still love you.
Willow; Shut Up
Xander: I Love You... I... Love you.
Willow: Shut Up!
Xander: I love you willow
Willow: Stop!
Xander: I love you
Willow: Stop
Xander: I love you...

Quote # 1:
Season 5: The Gift:
Buffy: Dawn, listen to me. Listen. I love you. I will *always* love you. But this is the work that I have to do. Tell Giles ... tell Giles I figured it out. And, and I'm okay. And give my love to my friends. You have to take care of them now. You have to take care of each other. You have to be strong. Dawn, the hardest thing in this world ... is to live in it. Be brave. Live. For me

very hard to choose but there all great
Where you are going will be better
McAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Passionate Fan

I like most of the choices, except for that abomination from Chosen.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread