Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2004, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally posted by tnBella:
<STRONG> I've got enough on my plate trying to write a Wes/Illyria fic...and it's going to be FUN. Think that'll get attention? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Well it would get my attention as well ;, you have to write it, I'll look forward to reading that [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Welcome carrielynnOBU to the thread [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] your wallpaper. Great work, well done [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] and thanks for posting it. My there's so many great artists here on this thread. W/F inspire us [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2004, 02:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi, Carrielynn! Hope you'll stop by more often. And thanks for sharing the wallpaper with us. It's beautiful.

That certainly is something about this episode. Sad though it was, it's really touched a lot of the creative muses in us.

WESLEY: I've loved you since I've known you. No, that's not—I think maybe even before.
Old 03-01-2004, 04:04 PM
Passionate Fan

That video's absolutely beaautiful!

Also, loving the art even if it so damn sad [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2004, 05:51 PM
New Fan

Thanks everyone! I definitely agree about this episode bringing out the creative parts of all of us. I don't usually do any Angel art, but someone at SD-1 Alias Boards requested it, so I figured I'd give it a try.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Loving The Fanart Everyone...I'm Kinda Worried What Exactly Is Going To Happen To Fred?
Old 03-01-2004, 08:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

I thought I'd bring over a discussion over that sorta started on the spoiler thread but in no way is a spoiler per say.

Obviously we are all Wes And Fred fans. Now that Illyria has taken over Fred's physical body and Fred is actually dead, do we start to root for Illyria and Wes. Fred is dead and I don't see her coming back (at least for all we know because i'm keeping my fingers crossed for the finale). Illyria looks like Fred and I'm sure that Wesley will still find some kind of attachment in her, although I find it to be a bit creepy because Illyria in no way is Fred. Just a physical likeness.

What do you guys think?

For me its A NO GO. I want the real FRED back.
The real FRED with her "Bookman".

Old 03-01-2004, 08:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey newbies! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] How are you guys tonight?

I love all the new wallpapers that were posted here. CandaceI have to personally thank you for excluding Knox out of your my boyswallpaper. It's sick what he did to Fred.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together-Oprah Winfrey
Old 03-01-2004, 09:15 PM
Extreme Fan

I can't really say anything about Wes/Illyria without mentioning spoilers.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sweet Southern Comfort:
<STRONG>I love all the new wallpapers that were posted here. CandaceI have to personally thank you for excluding Knox out of your my boyswallpaper. It's sick what he did to Fred.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] You noticed that? I was like EVIL Knox [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] is not one of her boys!
Old 03-01-2004, 09:57 PM
Master Fan

carrielynnOBU WELCOME to the thread. I'm meg, I hope you don't go shy on us. Beautiful work, a little dark but pretty [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by pamcakes:
<STRONG>Now that Illyria has taken over Fred's physical body and Fred is actually dead, do we start to root for Illyria and Wes. [/b]</STRONG>
I can honestly say that I've always wanted to see Evil Fred, and her to make Wesley Evil... but Illyria *is not* Fred so I don't know. I do hope that Wesley gets close to Frillyria to find it's weaknesses, this way he can destroy it once and for all... bringing Fred back to life! Yippie. I'm all Wesley/Fred, and if they both were to go vamp I'd be all for it [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]

But Illyria needs to leave quickly, so Wesley & Fred can have some more touching moments before the final [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

So my Art Draught caused me to go texture crazy:
A Hole In The World

Bigger *Is So* Much Bettter 1024X768

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Meg it's so pretty! It's on my desktop now!
Old 03-02-2004, 12:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi Guys! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Been forever since I posted here but I've been totally lurky. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] all the creativity that has emerged as a result of the best and worst two episodes in the Angelverse. Like everyone else, I was overjoyed and heartbroken at the turn of events. And I totally keep cursing Joss for not even giving us one full episode of Wes/Fred happiness. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] But love him for the amazing moments he did give us. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Everyone seems to be worried about Fred and how the season will finish for her but I am much more concerned for Wes and I can see the season ending much worse for him than for her. His shooting of that lawyer really disturbs me in that he seems to be unconcerned with the consequenses of his actions as far as Fred is concerned. I really hope that he differentiates between Fred and Illyria and that he doesn't make decisions in the name of love that would leave Fred questioning him if she gets restored to her body, which I really hope she does. Cuz how else can they have the pure and happy love that we all know they deserve. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Btw, has anyone else noticed how much AA looks like Tara Reid in the Illyria promo shots??? I did a double take the first time I saw them.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally posted by pamcakes:
<STRONG> Now that Illyria has taken over Fred's physical body and Fred is actually dead, do we start to root for Illyria and Wes. Fred is dead and I don't see her coming back (at least for all we know because i'm keeping my fingers crossed for the finale). [/b]</STRONG>
Intresting topic of discussion that [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img], I think that Wesley will get close to Illyria, so that he can find out how to get Fred back. Find Illyria's weekness. It will definately show a different side to their characters. I'll probably have more to say when I see tomorrow episode [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Meg, [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] you wallpaper, fab work [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. One more to add to my collection [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2004, 09:24 AM
New Fan

Morning, y'all.
I'm wondering if I should wait and post my Wes/Illyria fic after the next few episodes air. My fic contains spoilers and I don't want to upset anyone who doesn't read spoilers. I basically took the concept of Illyria and what we know thus far, and made it into my own character. Since I'm a deep, analytical thinker, I've developed a whole story arc in my head. Anyway...as good as my ideas may be, however, I'm going to need a beta. Know where I can find one?

Now onto replies...
justsmile- Your art is now happily displayed on my desktop. I love the soft colors.

pamcakes and Hope's Fate- Great to see you here. Welcome. [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2004, 10:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by tnBella:
<STRONG>Anyway...as good as my ideas may be, however, I'm going to need a beta. Know where I can find one?
</STRONG>
Hiya [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

You could try the beta readers list at WNW (direct link here), that way you could choose someone who specifically suits your needs by what they say in their listing [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] That said, I run the site and I'm on the list - if you'd like me to take a look at it, I definitely could [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Hi guys! I've been lurking lots lately but I'm always here [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'm just uploading the Hole in the World caps to WitS, and my DVDs are waiting for me at home so I shall get them on Saturday and start recapping season four for you all to drool over!

As for WNW, I'm updating that at the moment, working on getting permissions for the new fics that are springing up (which reminds me, Candace, can I archive yours?) and things like that.

When it comes to Wes/Illyria fics, do you guys think I should have a separate section or just note in the summary for the particular fics?

And finally ... once we've seen some more of her, is anyone interested on writing a "Writing Illyria" or some other kind of Illyria essay for WNW? And Lara, if you were even *thinking* of saying yes, I won't let you [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] You're already too good to me!

[ 03-02-2004: Message edited *~*Rach*~* ]
Old 03-02-2004, 11:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Meg, your wallpaper is beautiful as usual. You always do fantastic work. [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by *~*Rach*~*:
<STRONG>When it comes to Wes/Illyria fics, do you guys think I should have a separate section or just note in the summary for the particular fics?</STRONG>
I'd say see how many you end up getting. If you get a lot, then I'd definitely say create a new section for them.

Quote:
Originally posted by *~*Rach*~*:
<STRONG>And finally ... once we've seen some more of her, is anyone interested on writing a "Writing Illyria" or some other kind of Illyria essay for WNW? And Lara, if you were even *thinking* of saying yes, I won't let you [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] You're already too good to me!
</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'm still working on the other essay for you, so I don't think I would even have time! Besides, I'd have to see more of Illyria to even think about it.

However, if anyone ever needs a beta, I am more than willing to help. Just PM me or check out my info on the WNW beta page. I'm also going to need a second beta sometime in the near future for "Sixteen". If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Now...to the question about Wes/Illyria...I think I'll really have to see how they develop this character. It depends how much of Fred might have been left behind and if this affects Illyria. That said, though, I will always be hoping for our Fred's return because I always will be a shipper of Wes/Fred first and foremost.

WESLEY: I've loved you since I've known you. No, that's not—I think maybe even before.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread