Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2006, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Spike Television Movie 3: News & Speculation Here!

Title speaks for itself... at the moment there's not much news going around about it at all.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:40 AM
Extreme Fan

i wish the saying no news is gd news was true!
av credit-paintedxlie
elizas_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:19 AM
Passionate Fan

The only thing I've heard is that the CW network definitely isn't looking to air one next year. Which isn't a surprise, since they have so many other problems to work out. So I guess it's straight to DVD or nothing, since JW seems to refuse to understand that there are other networks out there.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:58 AM
Extreme Fan

what is up with that??? He just seems to give up! i mean i cant say that for definate because he could be working flat out on wonder women nd dosent have time atm! But im still remaing postive.
av credit-paintedxlie
Old 05-08-2006, 11:10 PM
New Fan

Personally a Spike movie..sounds a lot more interesting.
FoolForLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Passionate Fan

I understand that the CW is going to unveil its fall lineup on Monday (May 15). I'm hoping they're greedy enough to stock the shelves with dumb UPN "comedies" and non-starters like Pepper Dennis. Because if they do, they'll be looking for new "product" a lot sooner than they think.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Master Fan

I am going mad over this. I keep hearing all this news about how there are plans to be one...but there is nothing official yet.

I would give anything for this movie?
Jenna16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:53 AM
Addicted Fan

The most recent news on a Spike movie.

March 29-James Marsters interview with Wizard Magazine promoting the last part of the season of Smallville.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazi...9-marsters.cfm

Quote:
Any plans to revisit Spike and the “Buffy”/“Angel” franchise?

[Pauses] I gotta say, I don’t really think that’s going to jump to Joss [Whedon]’s front burner. He asked me before and I said yes but that there would be a five-year window because of this age thing. We’re coming down to five years in about a year and a half. Joss never really found himself in Spike. Spike was always the other guy. Whereas all the other characters were really Joss, Spike was “that ain’t me, man.” It made for a cool outsider character. I’m not complaining at all.

April 12-Mike Ausiello's Q/A

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ausiello...mDate=04122006

Quote:
Question: I may be holding on to a dream here, but have you found out anything more on the Spike movie situation? — Donna

Ausiello: "None. Zero. Zilch." Those were the words of my CW mole when I asked him/her whether there's been any talk of a Spike flick showing up on the new net next season.

April 25-Mercedes McNab interview with Chud.com promoting her new movie,"Hatchet" at the Tribeca Film Festival.

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=interviews&id=6512

Quote:
Q: Speaking of homecomings, there’s all the talk that goes around about a possible return to the Buffy and Angel universe in new shows, spin off movies, etc. Has Joss talked to you about that stuff?

McNab: There was talk for a long time about a Spike movie of the week, but that went out the window. I think Joss has probably moved on with Serenity and what not. It was a chapter in his life, and everybody else’s, and it’s time that it was closed.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/200604...ems_27406.html

Quote:
In an interview with CHUD, MERCEDES McNAB says plans for a “Spike” movie – a spin-off of “Buffy” and “Angel” – are essentially off. “There was talk for a long time about a Spike movie of the week, but that went out the window. I think Joss has probably moved on with Serenity and what not. It was a chapter in his life, and everybody else’s, and it’s time that it was closed.”

May 9-New Joss Whedon interview at IESB conducted last week from the Saturn Awards.

http://www.iesb.net/videointerviews/...josswhedon.php

Quote:
Interviewer:Is the Spike movie ever going to happen?

Joss:You know,I really have no idea.

Interviewer:Have you talked to someone?

Joss:I just have no idea.I've pretty much said everything I can on the subject.I've pitched it every way I can.I've tried to work it.Now I'm just going to sort of wait.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/200605...ith_spike.html

Quote:
Joss, what's up with Spike?

The latest on the long-gestating spin-off telemovie...

Posted by Clint Morris on May 10, 2006

Near a year since it was initially rumoured/whispered/announced/muttered/speculated, there’s no still no signs of the much-hankered for “Buffy” spin-off telemovie, “Spike”, which would’ve seen James Marsters help increase the sales of KMS Color Vitality Blonde Treatment (again). So what’s the deal? Happening, or has it been as smoked as premium-priced ham?

Most say it’s not happening – because creator Joss Whedon is simply, too busy – whilst others say there’s still a chance. I’ll save my feelings for a soundproof concrete pipe on the matter…because frankly, nobody wants to hear my unrelenting Buffy-obsessed opinion on the matter.

Talking to IESB, the terribly busy writer/director said he’s “got no idea” whether the “Spike” movie will happen. “I’ve pretty much said everything I can on the subject, I’ve pitched it every way I can, and I’ve tried to work it…now I’ve just got to…wait”.

Ouch. Sounds like someone ‘else’ might have actually put a stop to said telemovie, hey?

comic fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the catch up on all the news! It really seems like no-one has a clue about anything at the moment *sigh*
Old 05-12-2006, 05:44 AM
Extreme Fan

its annoying cause its normally the actors that wont come bk but in this case its the network!
av credit-paintedxlie
Old 05-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know I don't understand why they won't allow it to happen! There's enough of us fans out there!
Old 05-13-2006, 02:18 PM
New Fan

WHY can't he find another network?
FoolForLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

Reads threat title, then promptly throws up.

): )
Old 05-14-2006, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know if this was ever posted here but I just came across it and figured I'd post it:

Quote:
Posted by Clint Morris on May 10, 2006
Near a year since it was initially rumoured/whispered/announced/muttered/speculated, there’s no still no signs of the much-hankered for “Buffy” spin-off telemovie, “Spike”, which would’ve seen James Marsters help increase the sales of KMS Color Vitality Blonde Treatment (again). So what’s the deal? Happening, or has it been as smoked as premium-priced ham?

Most say it’s not happening – because creator Joss Whedon is simply, too busy – whilst others say there’s still a chance. I’ll save my feelings for a soundproof concrete pipe on the matter…because frankly, nobody wants to hear my unrelenting Buffy-obsessed opinion on the matter.

Talking to IESB, the terribly busy writer/director said he’s “got no idea” whether the “Spike” movie will happen. “I’ve pretty much said everything I can on the subject, I’ve pitched it every way I can, and I’ve tried to work it…now I’ve just got to…wait”.

Ouch. Sounds like someone ‘else’ might have actually put a stop to said telemovie, hey
?
*Lethe's Bramble* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:14 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by comic fan
The most recent news on a Spike movie.

March 29-James Marsters interview with Wizard Magazine promoting the last part of the season of Smallville.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazi...9-marsters.cfm

April 12-Mike Ausiello's Q/A

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ausiello...mDate=04122006

April 25-Mercedes McNab interview with Chud.com promoting her new movie,"Hatchet" at the Tribeca Film Festival.

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=interviews&id=6512

http://www.moviehole.net/news/200604...ems_27406.html

May 9-New Joss Whedon interview at IESB conducted last week from the Saturn Awards.

http://www.iesb.net/videointerviews/...josswhedon.php

http://www.moviehole.net/news/200605...ith_spike.html

New bit of news.

May 15-New Amy Acker comments from this weekends StarFury convention.

http://www.syfyportal.com/news.php?id=2584

Quote:
Acker: 'Angel' Spin-Offs Definitely Not Happening
Former "Angel" cast member talks about spin-off movies and the plan for season six.

(May 15 2006) - When “Angel” was cancelled after its fifth season, the show ended with a cliff-hanger as Team Angel prepared to go head to head with a massive hoard of demons in an epic confrontation. Since then, however, there have been rumors of a revival for the series -- stories of a possible sixth season, a tele-movie and there has also the idea of other spin-off projects. But nothing has been confirmed as getting the go ahead. Well, speaking to fans in London this weekend (including SyFy Portal’s Alan Stanley Blair), actress Amy Acker shed some light on the status of the proposed project.
“I think its safe to say that’s not happening anymore,” Acker told fans at the Starfury event, “'cause if they were, they’d be getting done right now. There was supposed to be three of them –- one for Spike, a Faith one and also one for Willow. I think it's safe to say that now because its not going to happen.”

But unlike many other shows that bite the dust, interest in the resurrection was not the problem as thanks to the various websites and the Save Angel campaign, the show proved it had a loyal following. Instead, Acker said, the projects never took off because “Fox couldn’t get it together the way Joss wanted to do them.”

Although Acker didn’t go into details about the difference in approaches between Fox and Whedon, the actress did give away some vital information as to what the plot could have been had they gone ahead or had there been a sixth season.

“I think it’s okay to say this now, since its not happening, but I think J (who plays Charles Gunn) was to be evil in it.” she said. “He was to become a vampire really early on in this really big battle.”

Actor J August Richards, who was also at the event, quickly confirmed that was the direction he always pictured character going.

“I’d probably have him come back as a vampire and then kill himself." Added Richards. "That’s always how I wanted it to end for my character.” - Article by Alan Stanley Blair

Copyright Notice · SyFyPortal FAQ · Contact Information · Advertising
Copyright 1998 - 2006 All Rights Reserved, The SyUniverse Group.

Designed by Bryant L. Griffin, blgriffin.com
XHTML, CSS, PHP & mySQL by Leigh Christian Ashton.
comic fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread