Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Is that really true about WMLP2? Because you'd think that would have already shot all that by the time School Hard aired, that's only 6/7 episodes different...

& I really can't think of a solution to the photobucket thing, unless the person who made the arts in the first place comes back, I think it's gone....
Old 08-25-2017, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

I don't know how fast they shot episodes but I've always read James was only supposed to be in a few episodes & then die.

That Angelus & Dru were gonna be the villains the rest of the season.

Spike was supposed to die in the fire but b/c of fans & I'm sure there was more to it Joss decided to have him in a wheelchair.

So looking at the episode it wasn't until the last moment that we saw Spike wasn't dust.

They could have gone back & shot that one scene later to add.

So much about the show would have been diff. without Spike.

I was just a casual viewer back then. I remember when I saw Becoming Part 2 wanting Spike to stay & for some reason have to work with Buffy.

I didn't see it has him being a love interest.

I just loved him & thought it would be fun to see Spuffy drive each other crazy.

I really missed him Season 3. I was so happy when I saw he was back Season 4.

Then Something Blue made me want Spuffy together. I was so pissed when she went to Riley at the end.

James said that Joss knew Spuffy were pop. online. They were the most pop. UC ship. Something Blue was actually to test viewers to see if they liked them.

SMG/JM were already pushing for Spuffy together.

SMG actually told Teen Magazine that she suggested to Joss that Spike be who Buffy was with after Angel but at the time he said no more vampires.

SMG also said Spike was her fantasy guy in the same interview.

♥Buffy Summers♥

"The hardest thing in this world is to live in it."

Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:43 PM
Loyal Fan

It may be a crazy, but I will follow this logic:
WMLP2 was aired on TV on 11/24/1997, the next was aired on 08/12/1997 - Ted - (this episode does not have the presence of Spike and Druscilla)

The next only aired on 01/12/1998 - Bad Eggs; that is to say, happened the pause of the season and only returned on this date and even in that episode did not have the presence neither of Spike nor of the Druscilla.

Only in the next episode - Surprise - which was aired on 01/19/1998 which had the return of both (Spike and Druscilla) and the infamous event of the sex between Buffy and Angel that resulted in the loss of his soul.

I think WMLP2 ended ambiguously just in that case, giving Joss a way to create a story in which Spike might temporarily become incapacitated (in a wheelchair) while Angelus and Druscilla moved the story.

As the response to the character was excellent, this allowed Spike to come back on top in the end.

And I think as in season 3 they already had the story to show off Angel's series farewell to ATS, they did not want to use Spike and Druscilla, solely Spike on Lovers Walk, to accommodate more of the final pieces for Angel to leave Sunnydale (and move the love square between Willow, Xander, Oz and Cordelia).

But I think at this time, Joss already knew he would bring Spike back to the spot that Cordelia left and the rest is history.

King and Lady of Winterfell
Clarice83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Happy Spike became very popular as he did.
Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice83 (View Post)
It may be a crazy, but I will follow this logic:
WMLP2 was aired on TV on 11/24/1997, the next was aired on 08/12/1997 - Ted - (this episode does not have the presence of Spike and Druscilla)

The next only aired on 01/12/1998 - Bad Eggs; that is to say, happened the pause of the season and only returned on this date and even in that episode did not have the presence neither of Spike nor of the Druscilla.

Only in the next episode - Surprise - which was aired on 01/19/1998 which had the return of both (Spike and Druscilla) and the infamous event of the sex between Buffy and Angel that resulted in the loss of his soul.

I think WMLP2 ended ambiguously just in that case, giving Joss a way to create a story in which Spike might temporarily become incapacitated (in a wheelchair) while Angelus and Druscilla moved the story.

As the response to the character was excellent, this allowed Spike to come back on top in the end.

And I think as in season 3 they already had the story to show off Angel's series farewell to ATS, they did not want to use Spike and Druscilla, solely Spike on Lovers Walk, to accommodate more of the final pieces for Angel to leave Sunnydale (and move the love square between Willow, Xander, Oz and Cordelia).

But I think at this time, Joss already knew he would bring Spike back to the spot that Cordelia left and the rest is history.
Thanks for the info.

That was a lot to look up.

I just can't imagine the later seasons of Buffy without Spike!

♥Buffy Summers♥

Old 08-27-2017, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Knowing Joss, he probably just liked Spike/James, so thought he'd hold onto him a little longer & if it didn't work, he could have killed him off later in s2 in a more dramatic way. I'm glad that he would adjust his plans when he recognized what was working
Old 08-29-2017, 03:28 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm so glad that Joss decided to keep Spike's character!

The series wouldn't have been the same without him!

Rabbit-moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is really weird to think about, can't imagine what it would have been like!

I think that was the first time we saw his hair all messy, I loved it!
Old 08-30-2017, 04:07 AM
Loyal Fan

I know the show would have been much less fun.

Spike always had some great lines. I remember reading that the writers of the show loved to write for the Spike character. (I know Jane Espenson loved Spike.)

Old 08-30-2017, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow lovely artwork!
Old 08-31-2017, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder who wrote the most great Spike lines
Old 09-01-2017, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

I think Joss honestly wrote the best lines.

♥Buffy Summers♥

Old 09-01-2017, 02:16 AM
Loyal Fan

"Oooh. Poor Watcher. Did your life pass before your eyes? "Cuppa tea, cuppa tea, almost got shagged, cuppa tea..."

Spike ~ Bargaining - Part 1, Season 6.

That bit of Spike-snark makes me laugh every time!
Old 09-01-2017, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

I love that quote.

Aww so cute.

James had such curly hair.

♥Buffy Summers♥

Old 09-02-2017, 06:23 AM