Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2004, 06:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - e l r i -:
<STRONG>Abused by what slayers, Anita? Sorry, a little confused.</STRONG>
Tortured again and by a slayer (who happens to be a psycho). I guess that it meant that he got involved in a fight with a slayer who managed to kick his buttom.

Anita
Old 01-29-2004, 06:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Spike's sunflower:
<STRONG>
Tortured again and by a slayer (who happens to be a psycho). I guess that it meant that he got involved in a fight with a slayer who managed to kick his buttom.

Anita</STRONG>
[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Are you talking about last nights ep? or in general?

I's confused.

Claudia
Old 01-29-2004, 06:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, I think Dana definitely mistreated him. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2004, 07:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by m&m fkan:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Are you talking about last nights ep? or in general?

I's confused.

Claudia</STRONG>
I'm talking about last night episode.

Anita
Old 01-29-2004, 07:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Spike's sunflower:
<STRONG>
I'm talking about last night episode.

Anita</STRONG>
Well....if you consider having your hands removed from your arms as unethical, then, yes, he was mistreated. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2004, 03:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hey all i created a evolution of spike wall paper that i thought someone else might enjoy too to i posted it at my website heres the direct link http://www.geocities.com/winterskiss42/Evolution.html
its the only spike thing there at the moment but i hope to change that some day
ohh and i want on the spike lovers list how do i get listed?

"Rule number 369 when dealing with unfamiliar magic: When in doubt, leave it alone." LKH

"Do you love money Mister Dresden?"
"I used to think I loved it. But now I realize it’s just a dependency"-HD
Old 01-30-2004, 06:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Lovely wall! Jenn will add you when she sees your post. =)

Watched Damage again and managed to see the end for the first actual time. Sigh, the boys getting in some tender words with each other. I'm beginning to like Angel so much more than before.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote from Magical:

&lt; I gotta be moderatory and be fair to all parties to say this: please don't talk about the Anti-Spike thread in here.&gt;

Your right, sorry, I just got carried away and really wasn't thinking so much about Spike's plight but evil people in general that like to see others suffer. I guess little girl Dana was on my mind.

I don't read Anti-Spike but was just curious how they felt about Angel and Spike's bonding in the end. It has been viewed so postive here and I thought it was wonderful.

Hmm...speaking of that last scene reminds me, Angel never told Spike that it was Buffy that ordered the double cross. He led Spike to believe Andrew did it all on his own. That little Minks.
Anna
Old 01-30-2004, 11:54 AM
Addicted Fan

I guess I didn't explain my doubts clearly so here I go again.

The concern was that Spike was abused and mistreated by another slayer. In S6 of Btvs Spike got himself badly beaten by Buffy but IMO that hasn't to do anything about Angel's last episode. Spike got beaten by an insane slayer who had every reason to be a psycho, on the other hand, the Buffy beating Spike was for another reasons (which have had plenty of discussion so I'm not going over there).

Anita
Old 01-30-2004, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

Isilwen: Added you to the Spike list!

Elrie: I never said, but I love your avie. I felt *something* when I saw Andrew hug Spike like they had so much history behind them. I don't think it was because of Andrew and Spike's history. Just having something back from Sunnydale was great to see. And to see that "sunnydalish thing" welcome Spike so much with open arms was touching for me. It just reminded me of the Btvs days. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2004, 05:44 PM
Loyal Fan

IMO, Anita, the torture of Spike by Dana was more payback for what he did when he was evil, and had nothing to do with the fact that she was a slayer, or at least it wasn't the whole reason she doled out the pain. This punishment/payment was going on even before he got the soul, before he really completely understood it. He knew he'd been bad, and he wanted to be good for Buffy. The soul definitely came in handy for that.

And with the soul came more pain. I don't think his tests are over. He beat everything that came at him in the cave, but somehow I don't think those were the first tests for his soul, either. It started with his love for Buffy, and all the pain he endured during his relationship with her in S6. Then came the soul. S7 brought the First, and even more payment from Spike. Now that he's on Angel, the punishment will come on even more.

Anyway, back to Dana. She was punishing him very specifically for the deaths of those two Slayers. Or perhaps just the Chinese slayer. She did speak as Nikki Wood for a little while, but there definitely was more emphasis on the Chinese slayer's part. That's why he felt he deserved it. Despite his big brave speech about leaving the evil he'd done behind, he can't. He and Angel are both poster vamps for self-flagellation, and involuntary punishment by the PTB - or whoever is manipulating them, if it isn't the PTB.

Or at least that's what I'd like to think. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Thanks, Jenn! It really struck a chord with me, too. I missed BtVS so much right there. Might sound silly, but it was so strange seeing Andrew in widescreen. Heh.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:08 AM
Absolute Fan

Ahh I finally saw Damage. Stupid slow download.
I have to say I pretty much beleived it had been Spike who tortured Dana (picture me shocked when I saw the flashes). Bad Spike could have done that. But the more I think about it... no, torture was Angellus's thing. Spike was pretty much concerned with killing slayers, shagging Dru and annoying Angellus.
Although it did make me think: he said something to Buffy (Sleeper?) about "Do you know what I've done to girls Dawn's age?" So he was nasty. Maybe Angellus driven.
It was good of Angel to be a little bit forgiving then. It would have been easy for him to gloat.
Good to see a little bit of 'are you sorry now' between the two of them: Spike has always been more 'in the past' about stuff, not needing to atone because he's a different person now. But I don't want him turning into Angel with all the remorse. Yep, he's sorry. Can he take his shirt off now -please?
Didn't you want to hug him when he was all hurt?
Okay, end of longest ever post. Just had a lot to say 'cos I've been away all week and I missed my Spike!
K8x

EYE-BF!

I don't suffer from insanity . I enjoy every minute of it.
Old 01-31-2004, 09:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by etaknosnhoj:
<STRONG>
Although it did make me think: he said something to Buffy (Sleeper?) about "Do you know what I've done to girls Dawn's age?" So he was nasty. Maybe Angellus driven.
</STRONG>
Yes, but at the time he was pitching for excuses for Buffy to off him. I believe there was a mention on BtVS about children not being his thing, and given everything we've seen, it's quite easy to get that. When he was evil, we only saw him biting/killing women. And just Spike's overall expressions and actions in the 'Damage' flashbacks were enough to think that that wasn't Spike. At least, that's what I believe.
Old 01-31-2004, 06:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Board has been slow today.

Spike and Angel have both done horrible, terrible, just no-good things. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I just adore how they have each other now, to help each other atone for their past evil doings. And it's even more amazing, because they simply don't have to. Souled people are just as evil, or sometimes even more evil. They are two truly amazing vamps.
Old 02-01-2004, 06:04 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - e l r i -:
<STRONG>Board has been slow today.

Spike and Angel have both done horrible, terrible, just no-good things. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I just adore how they have each other now, to help each other atone for their past evil doings. And it's even more amazing, because they simply don't have to. Souled people are just as evil, or sometimes even more evil. They are two truly amazing vamps.</STRONG>
ITA. And I love how they're both so snarky about it, especially Spike. Neither of them are too 'good' about it, and if they get too righteous, then the other one's there to bring them back down. Spangel rocks! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
A soul isn't a passport to redemption. In Dawn's words: Xander had a soul when he left Anya at the altar. They could still do bad things. But do they want to?
K8x

EYE-BF!

I don't suffer from insanity . I enjoy every minute of it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread