Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2014, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hadn't seen it either.

I love how Spike still is on lists and wins in polls after all these year.

James Marsters thought the reason it was easier for Spike to move forward was because he’s not as deep as Angel, but Joss said otherwise…

Joss Whedon:

"Well, he’s a different guy than Angel. Hopefully he’s a different guy because otherwise Angel’s going to be really boring. I think Spike was actually a lot closer to human. Angel was at full-tilt evil, that just got clothes lined by those Gypsies and spent 100 years going, "Ah yah aha hah," trying to figure it out — what it was he had to do. Spike actually went in search for a soul while he had none, so I think he was much more evolved then Angel, personally. I think that’s why it was easier for him to make the transition."

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

I agree that Spike held more of his human traits than Angel did as a vampire. The Judge sorta points that to us. His relationship with Dru was as close to human emotion as he could muster at that time. Not only the somewhat 'nice' parts such as his devotion and love for her but his jealousy as well. Not to say that he wasn't capable of horrible things as well, obviously, but he somehow kept a lot of the human side as well.
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Ace Of Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

James said he actually played Spike in a more soulful way because he thought it would help him remain on the show. I can see that but also from the very first real scene we saw Spike's devotion to Dru and it continued long before we knew his back story.

The whole speech about being Love's bitch for example.

I read Joss wrote that speech.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-09-2014, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Spike is the #1 vampire. (for me) and thanks for the link
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by fanforum~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Spike is unique.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Fool For Love. It's probably just my Spike bias, but I feel it's one of the best episodes of the whole series.
tender looks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved that episode (Fool For Love).
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by fanforum~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 03-12-2014, 04:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Agree! Fool for Love was an awesome episode. Definitely in my top five.

Up until then I had been crushing pretty hard on Spike, but after that episode I was in love!

Rabbit-moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think I might watch it again later.
tender looks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Me too!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah James did a great performance on " Fool For Love"! He´s such a terrific actor
Old 03-13-2014, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Years ago on FF we voted fave episodes and FFL and School Hard were in the 10.

These gives me dirty thoughts.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nice gif!

Is that scene in that gif from Season 6 or 7?
Old 03-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Whoah, Spikey! Niiiiiice gifs! Is it getting hot in here? *sweats*
Old 03-15-2014, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It's Season 7 when he was being tortured.

The shooting script says Buffy is jealous in this scene.

Reply   Post New Thread