Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2004, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought the ep was pretty funny. Angel as a puppet was hilarious.

The puppet in the beginning on the TV sounded really kinky. I was a little grossed out about that, since he sounded like that when the kid touhed the TV.

[ 02-20-2004: Message edited Immortal CandyGirl ]

heart packed in ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by BuffySummers_VampSlayer:
<STRONG>oh my god I am in Australia and i have to wait soooooooooo long to see it!!!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] but its okay, can anyone point me to a site where I can D/L the eppie?</STRONG>
PMed you. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

heart packed in ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 06:28 PM
Jay
Master Fan

omg..this was the funniest eppie ever. seeing angel as a puppet. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] my fav' part was the angel puppet/spike fight. [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] angel sewing himself back up after being almost torn apart by the female werewolf....

did u guys like the part where we see the trio walking down ready for the mission and the camera lowered..and we see angel in front with the sword. i couldn't stop laughing.

awesome eppie. and finallly wes/fred admit to their feelings and make out. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 06:28 AM
Addicted Fan

there's something that has been bothering me for a while. When lorne and gunn go to see the creator of Smile Time, the guy starts singing, but why doesnt Lorne pick up something suspicious from that, since he can read things when people sing?
Old 02-22-2004, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

the episode was a scream. i nearly fell out of my chair when puppet angel vamped out. and i lurved the fresley stuff. they are really cute together. and i wouldn't mind angel and nina.
n e r b l e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 08:38 PM
New Fan

I love the episode, it was the best episode i have ever seen in this season and maybe even out of all the seasons. It was just so funny and it had alot of good messages to bring to it too. Angel - Nina, Wesley - Fred, Gunn losing his mind capacity and also we got to see the old Angel again instead of the angry brooding Angel that has been present since the beginning of Season 5, its like in Season 6 of Buffy when she turned invisible.
aloneinthedark86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 10:51 PM
Elite Fan

This episode seriously freaked me out. I may never be able to look at "The Muppets" the same way again. Just watch your back, if you know what I mean. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
vc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 11:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's amazing how many times you can hear about an upcoming episode or see a preview and think, 'God this is not going to be good.' When I heard about a Buffy musical ... cringe. I saw the preview for Angel and Spike on a sub and concluded they were out of ideas. Puppets? Damn, they're just mailing it in.
Then of course they deliver the funniest episode arguably in five seasons. Sweeps month has been a return to form.
out4awalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 02:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
It's amazing how many times you can hear about an upcoming episode or see a preview and think, 'God this is not going to be good.' When I heard about a Buffy musical ... cringe. I saw the preview for Angel and Spike on a sub and concluded they were out of ideas. Puppets? Damn, they're just mailing it in.
Then of course they deliver the funniest episode arguably in five seasons. Sweeps month has been a return to form.
i totally agree, when i first saw the puppet, i was like "huh", but after watching it, i was totally blown away, even though i was watching angel, it made me forget for even just one hour that the show was ending.

"I'll be true, I'll be useful, I'll be cavalier, I'll be yours my dear, I'll belong to you if you just let me through."
Sarah R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 08:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by progirl:
<STRONG>Quote from Ragnarok:

&lt;And hey, ladies, don't begrudge us the naked werewolf.&gt;

My husband wanted to play that scene over in slow motion. You know, for an artistic purpose.

&lt;Y'all have been getting naked Angel and naked Spike all year.&gt;

Mmmmm..don't forget shirtless Lindsay. But of course, its only for the art that we enjoy this sort of flesh scenes. You gotta' have art, miles and miles and miles of art....
Anna</STRONG>
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

Art is good. You can never have too much art.

I have to admit, I'd forgotten to comment on Puppet Angel vamping out, and repairing himself after being chewed on by Nina. Genuinely classic comic moments.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 06:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think they should recreate a few thousand smaller Puppet Angel's for the fans to buy, off their site or something. I know I would get one.

Well, I know I don't know you and you're probably not what you seem
Aw, but I'd sure like to find out
So why don't you climb down off that movie screen?

Dan Fan No. 95
Spike's Kitten No. 95
L u x i e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Elite Fan

I this episode.

Makes me laugh everytime I watch it... and it isn't even the puppet stuff. It's the oblivious relationship stuff.

Angel: Wes, do you know what's up with Nina?
Wesley: She loves you, dummy. Now do something about it.
Angel: Relationships are scary and confusing. I wanna go hit stuff with swords now.

Wesley: Alas, Angel is so pathetically oblivious. It's sad, really.
Fred: Hey Wes, ummm... the nightlight in my bedroom is broken, and I'm afraid to sleep there all alone...
Wesley: Say no more. (picks up the phone) Hello, is this the department of nightlight repair?
Fred: Wesley, I was kind of hoping you'd come over tonight.
Wesley: Don't be silly. I don't know how to fix a nightlight.

from Five-Minute "Smile Time"
Old 04-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah I loathe this episdoe with all my heart, It's the only ep of ATS that I did not watched again after its first airing. I thought it was ridiculous, "Oh Angel's a puppet now". WTH? I don't find it funny at all.

Angel&Cordelia/Sawyer&Juliet/Monica&Chandler/Logan&Veronica/JD&Elliot/Jeff&Annie/Lois&Clark

Last edited by Lemariz; 04-30-2009 at 08:56 PM
Lemariz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

i hated the episode but i have to admit the fscuffle between him and spike was pretty funny and i would have love to seen the elevator part

other that that i hated the episode just like every other s5 episode except for YW
Old 04-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

*shrugs* Different strokes for different folks.

I this episode. Make me smile.