Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2004, 12:10 AM
New Fan

OMG, this ep was just too funny. I laughed so hard my side is still hurting. Angel diving behind the desk so Nina wouldn't see him and the fight between him and Spike had me literally ROTFLMAO. Hilarious. The pain in my side is major from laughing so hard.
Fred's reaction when she first saw Angel-muppet...too funny.

Nina-wolf ripping Angel apart...hilarious. Angel-muppet hugging Fred and saying I love you guys...priceless.

The interaction with Angel-muppet throughout the entire ep was totally hilarious.

Angel-muppet vamping out was so cool.

Fred and Wesley...awwwwww! About time. The situation with Gunn...can't be good.

I really enjoyed this ep...really loved it.

With the cancellation hanging over our heads, everything seems bittersweet right now. The wound is still too raw. They have to find a way to keep this show on the air...they just have to.

[ 02-18-2004: Message edited felmitch ]

Old 02-19-2004, 12:28 AM
Loyal Fan

"Is there a Geppeto in the house?" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

AMAZING episode. Everything in here just worked wonderfully. Puppet Angel is hilarious(yeah, i want one too. I'd pay up to 100 bucks, possibly more for it). Evil Puppets were perfectly creepy. funny lines all over the place and of course, the most talked about scene of the night, spike vs. "wee puppet man" LOL.

Also, great characters stuff. Even though I know it's over, i've always preferred Fred with Gunn BUT I must say that Wes/Fred finally felt earned and if that's how ME wants to end it, fine by me. Speaking of Gunn, I hope he doesn't go evil or something. Not now. That wouldn't even give him any time for redemption.

excellant episode and the best of the year so far. Next week's looks so good, it may top this one though.

5/5-perfect episode.
Old 02-19-2004, 01:54 AM
Elite Fan

I thought this episode would be stupid from what I saw in the promo but I loved it- it was amazing. I am going to miss this show so much when it leaves. I kept thinking that as I watched it tonight. The Spike/puppet Angel fight was great! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ...and I want an Angel as a vampire puppet!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2004, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

This episode was hystical [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] and brilliant

Loved it from beginning to end. Puppet angel was so damn cute. Loved the Spike/Puppet Angel fight and the part when Puppet angel ran over to Fred and hugged her, so damn funny [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Didn't mind seeing Nina again and also Gunn sure does want his powers badly.

Best scenes without a doubt were W/F [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. They kissed [img]smilies/love.gif[/img], hoora, jubilation [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]. As you can see I'm very happy about this [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 06:23 AM
Elite Fan

WTF was with the puppets. No reason the show got cancelled.

I'm shocked Miss Piggy wasn't in it.

Carlos
Sick Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 06:52 AM
New Fan

Episode was innovative, hilarious and genius. The WB must be out of their minds for getting rid of the best show on television. David was freaking awesome tonight!!!. Can I get vamp puppet Angel for my birthday please? Spike getting his ass kicked by a puppet was a dream come true for me.

[ 02-19-2004: Message edited cable ]
cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 07:07 AM
Loyal Fan

I think I would've thoroughly enjoyed this episode if it didn't come right on the heals of getting news of the cancelation. I really liked how it was funny and there were truly some classic moments there, but because the end is close I wanted more. I think next week will make up for it. Of course, when they shot this show they didn't know for sure the show was cancelled. I think when I get the DVD's and am over my grief of the cancellation I will enjoy it more. I think I am too upset right now to want to laugh.
GenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 07:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

I thought David Fury was great as the Puppet Show owner guy.

Freakin hilarious. Of course this is the ONE episode that my husband decided to watch with me. He was like, "What the...?!" And it was too hard to explain with all the backstory required and with me laughing my ass off and all.

I'm glad W/F are together, but it seemed a little sudden.

Can't wait to watch it again. Props to Ben and Joss. Also looking forward to next week. I love the story idea, and the fact that Joss wrote and directed it sounds magical.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Shasta Popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 09:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm pretty much on board with everything everybody has said already so no need to repeat repeat.

Quote from Danielle2:

(about Fred/Wes)
<I know everyone other than Janine hates that I hate them apparently, but I don't care.>

You go girl, like or dislike anyone you want. While I don't ship F/W I do think they look good together and want to see both characters happy. It looks a little short lived according to the previews though, doesn't it? Heck, everything is going to be short lived now that they are taking AtS off.

Quote from Countrysinger:

<It's nice to know that DB doesn't take himself to seriously and let himself do this. >

Oh, I agree, and have noticed this is not the first time an episode has made fun of his character. He plays the dry man in humor very well. I think that is why characters like Cordy, Spike and even Harm play well off of him.

On a serious side of this episode we get to see some of the emotional workings of Angel through the puppet. Things that we normally don't see with the human/vampire.

I am afraid that Gunn may be lost before the end of the season.

Quote from Ragnarok:

<And hey, ladies, don't begrudge us the naked werewolf.>

My husband wanted to play that scene over in slow motion. You know, for an artistic purpose.

<Y'all have been getting naked Angel and naked Spike all year.>

Mmmmm..don't forget shirtless Lindsay. But of course, its only for the art that we enjoy this sort of flesh scenes. You gotta' have art, miles and miles and miles of art....
Anna
progirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by felmitch:
<STRONG>OMG, this ep was just too funny. I laughed so hard my side is still hurting. Angel diving behind the desk so Nina wouldn't see him and the fight between him and Spike had me literally ROTFLMAO. Hilarious. The pain in my side is major from laughing so hard.
Fred's reaction when she first saw Angel-muppet...too funny.

Nina-wolf ripping Angel apart...hilarious. Angel-muppet hugging Fred and saying I love you guys...priceless.

The interaction with Angel-muppet throughout the entire ep was totally hilarious.

Angel-muppet vamping out was so cool.

Fred and Wesley...awwwwww! About time. The situation with Gunn...can't be good.

I really enjoyed this ep...really loved it.

With the cancellation hanging over our heads, everything seems bittersweet right now. The wound is still too raw. They have to find a way to keep this show on the air...they just have to.

[ 02-18-2004: Message edited felmitch ]</STRONG>
I don't jump on this thread much...but I had to chime in...and totally agree with you on this episode...I doubled over laughing when Angel was sitting behind his desk and the gang came in and were looking at him all weird...then when Fred came over and started playing with his hair...now that junk was just funny!!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ...Oh, oh! when him and Spike got into it in the hallway, then into the elevator...hilarious!!! Much better eppie then last weeks crap!!!

Oh...and I'm curious to see what the fall out will be with Gunn and his deal with that creepy doctor... [img]smilies/mischief.gif[/img] ...okay...that's all.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 02-19-2004: Message edited darby33 ]
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Darbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 10:35 AM
Banned

I wasn't fond of the lack of Spike in this episode.

Too much sexual innuendos in regard to the females' state of dress and undress.

Wes and Fred are as unbelievable as ever. And when did Fred begin distancing herself from Knox? What drove her to do this? I practically cringed from watching Fred kiss Wes. Why did she suddenly become interested in him?

The only interesting things were Angel as a puppet, which was hilarious; and Charles' growing problem regarding his legal skills.
JanineW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 11:03 AM
Loyal Fan

ok, i know i am sad that angel is being cancelled, but when i watched this episode, i could not stop laughing at all, its on at midnight where i live and my mom fell asleep on the couch and i woke her up because i was laughing so hard, this is by far the funniest episode of angel i have ever seen! the whole puppet thing was priceless, the eyebrows on it were hilarious, i thought it was so cute when he hugged fred and when lorne was calling out for a medic. and spike, when he said to angel about being a puppet, the look on his face made me laugh, there little fight was sorta funny. in a way it sorta made me sad though, cause cordy wasn't mentioned at all.

"I'll be true, I'll be useful, I'll be cavalier, I'll be yours my dear, I'll belong to you if you just let me through."
Sarah R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 11:19 AM
Addicted Fan

it was freeking brilliant angle is the only show that can do that and get away with it..god im so pissed that next yer i will be stuck with treen love dramas and stupid reality tv. cuz this is TV its the freeking best.

god i love joss! he is a god!

Bhery
Old 02-19-2004, 11:33 AM
Total Fan

I loved last nights episode!!!! It was really funny!! I can't wait for the nest episode. Wait no I can wait cause the more episodes I watch the less episodes there will be left and then there'll be no more angel and i'll be sad.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:17 PM
Master Fan

I just watched this episode. Good stuff. Funny too. A great stand alone that also wasn't one.

Poor Gunn, what is he thinking? It is obvious he made the deal with that guy becamse he came back to the office all full of legal knowledge and more confident than ever. I just know this is going to come back and bite him on the ass. So the Senior Partners give him the upgrade but it is also made clear that it was their fault the upgrade was fading on him. They are playing him and he doesn't even realize it. Hopefully when the fall out of his actions occur he can come back from it.

I don't like Nina. I have no real reason. But I just never like love interests for Angel. And I'm not a B/A shipper. I think the fact that we hardly know her and this whole plot comes out of the blue after how many episodes since ep 3 is alittle hard to believe.

Spike was hardly in tonights episode, but his fight with Angel was one of the funniest in a long time. I was alittle unclear as to what he was doing there. And why did Angel say to give Spike a car after he came out of the elevator? For some reason I missed that part.

All and all it was a great episode and will only be followed by another great one next week. If anything I think Angel will definitly go out on top.
~*Magical*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread