Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

^ Oh for sure!

I love that when K/B were working together to get back Angel, they reacted very similar to some things & it was hilarious!

Visit Castle | icon[x]
CJG18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Add me! They need to totally find a way to bring Kendra back for a story so we can see all of them interact. Though I guess they did somewhat in The Book Of Fours though I dont remember much of it.

And ya I wish that Kendra had lived longer. If it were up to me I would have kept her around for the first two episodes of S3 then kill her off and introduce Faith.

It is great also how Joss managed to make all three of them so different with Kendra being a watchers dream, to Faith being a watchers worst nightmare and Buffy being right in the middle playing both sides.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Kendra was awesome... Though I'm not sure it would feel right if she was killed off in early s3. I think she should have just been around more between 209 and 221, have a few more episodes. And they have to bring her back somehow, if just briefly.
Emmaliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

Primal Slayer, you've been added

I agree about having Kendra just a BIT longer.. I loved her

Visit Castle | icon[x]
Old 08-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe we could have had Buffy travel to Jaimaca to help out Kendra on a mission.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree I would have loved to see more Kendra. Especially since we saw so much of Faith
Old 08-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

I can picture Kendra letting Buffy read her Slayer Handbook and Buffy finding out she had already disobeyed most of what was written in it. Or Buffy teaching Kendra how to get along with the opposite sex.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

^
aww I wish we got stuff like this.

Well isn't Kendra a character in the book "Book of Fours"?
I read it a LONG time ago

Visit Castle | icon[x]
Old 11-16-2015, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Three different slayers for sure.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 11:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

While Kendra wasn't nearly as interesting or fun as Faith, I still think she was an interesting character and I wish we could have gotten a bit more of her. She's one of the most underrated characters in my opinion. I found something on a message board that really summed her character well. It's not mine. I copy-and-pasted it but here it is:

"I also thought she[Kendra] was too flat at first, but it occurred to me that she really was that flat on purpose. She wasn't raised as a human being, she was raised as a thing to be pointed at something to kill it, and it didn't matter whether she was killed because there would be someone else allegedly exactly like her. Her mechanical way of speaking was because nobody talked to her, they talked at her, so she couldn't practice talking to them. Her (lack of) character development was based on how thoroughly the Council had broken her.

Even the tiny moment of her naming her stake Mr Pointy just accentuated that by showing that however hard you try to cut somebody off from the world, to treat them as a nothing, make them think they are nothing, they will still want to be human and will still be human (even if they don't consciously realize it), and however close you come to breaking them it will never be complete (although, on the flip side, it can also be irreparably close)."

I like the idea that her horrible accent was simply because she never was able to stay in one place for too long, and never had a lot of practice talking to people besides her Watcher. I always thought Kendra could have come back one episode before "Becoming, Part One" and we could have explored her character a bit more. I'd gladly trade in "Go Fish" for a Kendra-centric episode. It would have made her death in the next episode all the more interesting.
FuriosityShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Didn`t know this thread existed.
But for me Faith and Buffy were the best slayers.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:56 AM
Elite Fan

Man, this was a blast from the past
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Charmed Slayer Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

FuriosityShell, I agree, I do wish we could have gotten more of her and I defintiely agree that I would have traded that Go Fish episode for a Kendra centric episode.

I didn't mind Kendra, Kendra was the slayer how Slayers seemed to act before Buffy and Faith, no attachment to people and just born to do a job and that's to kill all evil nature's especially vampires.

So for Kendra when she first met Buffy, she didn't understand her because a slayer and a vampire being in love was unheard of before Buffy/Angel and Slayers aren't suppose to sadly have a social life so she saw that Buffy was in love with a vampire and had all these friends, I can see why it was bizzare land for her.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Wow, didn't know this thread existed!

& I agree, I cna totally understand where Kendra was coming from too
Old 06-29-2018, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

STARRYEYESXX - season two ↦ buffy & kendra

wish we could've seen more
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote