Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2021, 11:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
And that Dead Things story with Katrina yeah that really sucked.
ooofff I’m re-watching this episode rn and it really does

it’s so emotionally draining for me re-watching this season

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 01-08-2021 at 12:06 AM
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

One of the things that get me a little bit frustrated about Buffy being in heaven is that I feel after she confessed it in OMWF, we never got to see any of the characters truly voice theirs apologizes to her. I wish we could've gotten a scene of Buffy/Giles where Giles is comforted her or Willow's apologizes. In the very next episode, it seems Buffy was going to say something but then everyone lost their memories. So the no follows up bothers me more when I re-watch.
That was such a huge reveal...
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
What is everyone’s favorite song from Once More, with Feeling?

Mine is Where Do We Go from Here?
that part where Buffy sings “I was in heaven” though with the way her voice sounds and Willow realizing that she made the wrong assumption

such emotion
Old 01-08-2021, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

Y'all make me think of things I never thought about before but I agree. Buffy revealing she was in Heaven and ripped out of there by Willow and her friends should of had more follow up and more consequences to their friendship. That was a HUGE deal, and after that Willow wipes their memories away and they don't bring it up again SMH. I also agree when Buffy sings so innocently that she was in Heaven and everyone's reactions to that (Especially Willow's) was great. I think it's the best part of that episode.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yep, I didn't think of that in the past when watching it because I didn't put much thought into it but now as I re-watched it, the lack of follow up truly bother me. No Buffy/Giles, Buffy/Willow, Buffy/Xander follow up? No scene with the 4 of them discussing what happened?

Buffy was going to lash out but yep her memories got erased and after that it was nothing and everyone assuming Buffy just got over it...

So it was a bit annoying looking back on it.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

wow just finished re-watching Normal Again for the first time since I saw it 3 years ago and it still holds up as a standout episode

and Sarah’s acting was top-notch (she was genuinely scary going after Dawn)
Old 01-25-2021, 11:32 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It was scary when Buffy started taking her friends out and set them up to die. Thankfully she came to her senses. I think Normal Again is one of the best episodes of S6.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 07:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

finally finished re-watching this season last night so filling this out

⇾ Favorite Character(s): Buffy
⇾ Favorite Couple(s): N/A
⇾ Favorite Friendship(s): Buffy/Willow, Willow/Xander
⇾ Favorite guest/recurring character(s): N/A
⇾ Favorite episode: Once More, With Feeling, other favorites - the 2-part season opener had strong acting especially from Sarah (Michelle was also great), parts of Life Serial were funny, Tabula Rasa, Normal Again, Grave
⇾ FAV storyline (or episode arc):
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Willow obsession with magic, it was shocking to see that dark turn but good to see something awesome for Alyson to portray.
same

for arcs I would go with the 2-part season opener and the 3-part season finale
⇾ Buffy being in heaven: love the twist or not? I felt bad for her being ripped out of heaven against her will
⇾ The Trio or Dark Willow:? Dark Willow
⇾ Andrew, Jonathan or Warren?: Andrew
⇾ Willow's magic addiction?
Quote:
Loved it but I did dislike it during 6x06 - 6x10! what she did to Tara and Dawn... a mess.
same
⇾ Anya as human or demon? human
⇾ Riley Finn closure episode arc:? I liked his wife (she was nice)
⇾ LEAST favorite series regular character: Willow when she first starts to abuse the magics and Spike when the relationship with Buffy turns abusive
⇾ LEAST Favorite Character(s): Warren, ^also see above
⇾ LEAST Favorite Ship(s):
Quote:
Buffy/Spike for like the last 5 episodes of the season. Willow/Tara during Willow's magic addiction...
same
⇾ LEAST favorite recurring/guest star: does Warren count?
⇾ LEAST favorite storyline:
Quote:
Katrina in Dead Things... it made everyone in the Trio unlikable to me.
well yes I agree with you Tia but also I dislike the whole reason Spike got his soul back
⇾ Least favorite episode: Seeing Red obviously but I've never actually watched it because I can't bring myself to so I'm going to say Dead Things
⇾ Least favorite character addition? N/A
⇾ Story that had potential but was dropped suddenly? N/A
⇾ Episode with the best cliffhanger:?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
Mmh the one from Two To Go when Giles came back.
same that was a really bad*** entrance
⇾ Scale 1-10 how do you rank this season: 7.8 for the strength of the two major storylines - Buffy dealing with coming back and Willow's addiction to magic and that season finale

didn't like Giles leaving either BlackWhiteRose

I like this season more than some fans for the reasons I have stated before

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 02-02-2021 at 07:23 PM
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Oh I like that you agree with me on when Willow/Tara and Buffy/Spike relationship was bad.
For me I loved why Spike got his soul back because the fact that he hurt Buffy so much made him truly realized that he needed a soul! He finally got to understand what Buffy meant about not being able to love without it. For Spike, he wanted to suffer and he wanted the soul and he did what no vampire ever did and that's fighting for his soul because he hurt someone he claimed to love that much.

That motivation made a lot of sense.
Old 09-04-2021, 10:10 AM
Absolute Fan

Thread bump.

Season 6 has always been my favorite season of the series, but it took me until today to realize something that I kind of think should've been obvious: Willow is the season's 'Little Bad, though her role isn't like that of any other 'Little Bad character in the series because she's not intentionally acting with hostility towards anyone until the final episodes of the season when she transitions into the 'Big Bad' role.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 06:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
Old 11-06-2021, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^Amazing for an amazing episode.
Old 11-07-2021, 12:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
I didn’t know that they used to do public screenings of Once More, with Feeling

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/25/n...y/25buffy.html
yup

I wish this was still a thing
Old 11-20-2021, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

The episode was so good!
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by fanforum~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

⇾ Favorite Character(s): Buffy, Tara, Anya
⇾ Favorite Couple(s): Xander and Anya, Willow and Tara
⇾ Favorite Friendship(s): I need to go over the season again to remember
⇾ Favorite guest/recurring character(s): Giles
⇾ Favorite episode Once More With Feeling was great, I loved most of the songs. And I enjoyed invisible Buffy in "Gone".
⇾ FAV storyline (or episode arc): Buffy's money problems and her having to get a job at the most demeaning place possible. Doublemeat Palace. Xander and Anya's engagement. I was sad when Xander broke it off right before the wedding.
⇾ Buffy being in heaven: love the twist or not? I liked that twist, 'cause of the way Buffy sacrificed herself, there was no way she was in Hell. You could totally understand why Buffy didn't want to tell the gang at first that they had ripped her out from Heaven instead of saving her from Hell.
⇾ The Trio or Dark Willow:? Dark Willow. I didn't like that she went dark, but I thought Alyson Hannigan was amazing and it was an interesting outlet of Willow's grief over Tara's death and wanting vengeance over Warren. If she hadn't consumed that extra power from that demon thanks to Amy's influence I wonder how different things would have been.
⇾ Andrew, Jonathan or Warren?: I couldn't stand any of them. Warren was the WORST. In fact, out of all the evil Buffy faced, Warren was the worst and that's scary 'cause he was human.
⇾ Willow's magic addiction? It was an interesting plot, the more she used magic the more dependent she became on it. I didn't like how it broke her and Tara up, but given that after doing such a powerful spell in bringing Buffy back from the dead, it was understandable how she could have gotten addicted, and I could understand why Tara had had enough, especially when she discovered Willow put that amnesia spell on her.
⇾ Anya as human or demon? A bit of both. I like how well adjusted she became as a human, but her demon side was fun. I just loved Anya's bluntness honesty, she always tells it like it is even if it made her come across as rude and condescending. I just loved her.
⇾ Riley Finn closure episode arc:? I didn't mind it. I was never a big fan of Riley I'm glad he found someone else.
⇾ LEAST favorite series regular character: none
⇾ LEAST Character(s): Warren, Andrew and Jonathan.
⇾ LEAST Favorite Ship(s): Buffy/Spike. That got toxic as hell.
⇾ LEAST favorite recurring/guest star: I liked all the recurring/guest actors, but again, just hated the characters of Jonathan, Warren and Andrew
⇾ LEAST favorite storyline: Buffy and Spike constantly having sex and getting toxic, the trio constantly harrasing Buffy and making her life harder than it already was and I wasn't much of a fan of them using that Buffy robot in place of Buffy to make it seem like the Slayer was still around - I guess it made sense considering all hell broke loose when the biker demons discover she was a robot, but it was just weird, especially when Warren originally built her for Spike's plaything 'cause he couldn't have the real Buffy.
⇾ Least favorite episode: Wrecked & Dead Things. This season was incredibly dark. Too dark. I hated that Tara was killed off. I hated the whole thing with Spike and Buffy and when he attempted to rape her - that went too far. WAY too far. In reality, there's no way Buffy should have ever, ever forgiven Spike despite any attempt for the rapist to repent and apologise.
⇾ Least favorite character addition? The trio (even though we had seen Warren and Jonathan before)
⇾ Story that had potential but was dropped suddenly? Can't think of one.
⇾ Episode with the best cliffhanger:? I guess Seeing Red.
⇾ Scale 1-10 how do you rank this season: 6/10 It had some powerful moments but it was just way, way WAY too dark. The trio annoyed the hell out of me. The fun moments were rare but I actually did enjoy the musical episode, for the most part.
Reply   Post New Thread