Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2008, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

1. What was your overall opinion of the whole season? It was campy and mostly light-hearted. But it was fun. As a mid-season replacement that even Joss thought was going to be cancelled, I thought it was a pretty good introduction to the series.

2. What did you think of the characters? I loved them all. No one did anything that pissed me off yet

3. Were you surprised that Angel was a vampire? Looking back on it, I can't believe I didn't see it but yes I was surprised at first.

4. Which episodes did you like? dislike? I enjoyed all of the episodes except for Nightmares.

5. Was there anything you have done differently with the episodes or the season? Well I would have appreciated more depth in this season but with the reality of the situation at the time, I believe they did quite well.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

1. What was your overall opinion of the whole season? It seemed to have been done really quick and the effects weren't very well, but the underline relationships between all of the characters was portrayed well and the scenes were done with much feeling from the many actors and actresses

2. What did you think of the characters? I loved them all, they all brought something unique to the show

3. Were you surprised that Angel was a vampire? Yes, I hadn't expected that, I knew there was something weird about him, but not that he was a vampire

4. Which episodes did you like? dislike? The only episode I really dislike from that season is I, Robot You, I really didn't like that one

5. Was there anything you have done differently with the episodes or the season? I would've put more time in the effects, but as Josh said in some commentary, they didn't have a lot of money, so I understand it
*And when the door begins to crack, it's like a stick across your back. And when your back begins to smart, it's like a penknife in your heart. And when your heart begins to bleed, you're dead, and dead, and dead indeed.*
Old 02-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, this season is my third fave, and I love all the episodes, but that robot one.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:07 AM
Extreme Fan

I am watching this season for the first time on tv.And I like all episodes till now.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What episode are you on?
Old 01-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Extreme Fan

1. What was your overall opinion of the whole season?

Its definitely not the strongest season but that's because the main story arc wasn't utilized as well as it could have been. However, I do love the season because when I watch it I view it as the introduction to Buffy and her role as the slayer. The fact we got so many stand alone episodes imo were necessary to show the varying things that Buffy would have to face.

The master, by no means the best villian but for the start of a show I think he was a good choice. It was just a shame that he was stuck in a hole until the end of the season.

I think for a first season it was done quite well and it laid the foundation for the rest of the series.

2. What did you think of the characters?

I loved them all, seeing Buffy, Willow and Xander develop a solid friendship was done nicely. I also enjoyed the Slayer/Watcher bond form between Buffy and Giles. Cordelia was bitchy but that's how I love her because she's hilarious. Angel wasn't used enough imo but when we did see him I enjoyed the majority of his scenes.

3. Were you surprised that Angel was a vampire?

I can't really remember my reaction because I was quite young but when I rewatch it I think its pretty obvious; he's mysterious, knows all about vampires, is never around during the day, etc.

4. Which episodes did you like? dislike?

Favourites: Welcome to the Hellmouth/The Harvest, Witch, Nightmares, Prophecy Girl
Least favourites: Teacher's Pet, Never Kill a Boy on the First Date, I Robot You Jane.

5. Was there anything you would have done differently with the episodes or the season?

I think the main story arc could have been developed better but this would have required more episodes.

| Aimee
Old 01-19-2010, 04:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyt (View Post)
What episode are you on?
They are now with season 2 Inca Mummy Girl
Old 01-19-2010, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Love that episode
Old 01-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyt (View Post)
Love that episode
Yeah I love that episode too.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, gonna do that survey when I'm done with my rewatch!

Campey is definitely the word to describe this season.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Elite Fan

Hope this is allowed here. I'll edit my post if it isn't.

“Giles, I’m sixteen years old. I don’t wanna die.”
__

If you want to reblog this post at tumblr, go here.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 08-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

I love that art!
Old 09-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

^ Thanks! Glad you like it.

On first watch, I loved it. Sure it was campy and predictable, but it had some really great characters and relationship dynamics. The punchy dialogue and the horror masked as comedy worked really well for me as a viewer. Even though I wasn't a teenager when I first watched s1, I still related to Buffy's struggle between her slayer life and the normal life she wanted. Years later, I still like s1 for these reasons but I see its flaws. But it's still a great intro to the show and it's irony and wit still make it worth watching.

2. What did you think of the characters?

At first, I wondered why all these characters talked so much. They all had that awkward rambling thing going for them. But as the season progressed, I saw their strengths as well as their weaknesses. Overall, I loved all the characters in s1. The Scooby friendship was the heart of the show at that point so it was hard to dislike any of them.

3. Were you surprised that Angel was a vampire?

I watched s1 years after it aired so I was spoiled before I ever watched it. It seems like it would be obvious though.

4. Which episodes did you like? dislike?

I like most of the episodes for what they were. s1 had a freak-of-the-week going for it that worked well. The only episode I really dislike is the bug episode. That was just creepy.

5. Was there anything you have done differently with the episodes or the season?

Since BtVS was a season replacement, I can't really see them doing more with it than what they did. Maybe they could've made the Master more menacing than he was. But I think that was the point. s1 seemed to make fun of horror movies so it all worked really well for me.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 09-05-2011, 04:12 AM
Elite Fan

Hey This thread seemed interesting so I though I would post my thoughts.

Although the first season is my no means my favourite season, it is also certainly not my least. Yeah, it has its flaws and the main story arc of The Master was not really as well done as it could have been. However I do love its light-heartedness compared to other seasons and I love the dialogue and interactions between the characters as they start to grow into their Scooby roles and relationships.
2. What did you think of the characters? I don't think there is one character that I disliked in the first season. I fell in love with Xander from his first scene and Willow was nothing less than adorable. My favourite character was prob Buffy which still hasn't changed and I think Giles was a brilliant character for the scoobies to bounce off.
3. Were you surprised that Angel was a vampire? I started watching Buffy in the 4th season I think and so I came back to season 1 after already knowing about Angel. However I did think the discovery in Angel was very well done.
4. Which episodes did you like? dislike? I enjoy all the episodes in the season. My favourites as prob Welcome to the Hellmouth, Angel, The Pack, Prophecy Girl. My least fav is prob I Robot You Jane, but it is still enjoyable.
5 Was there anything you have done differently with the episodes or the season? I didn't really get the whole The Annoited One. I don't think much was made of that and I didn't really get the point of him. I think he could have potentially been a very scary evil with his child face. Also I was very sad when Principal Flutie was eaten I thought he was a geniunely nice man. But then I guess we wouldn't of had the joy of Principal Snyder
Old 09-06-2011, 05:55 AM
Master Fan

Oh yes, I'm glad we're rid of The Annoying One soon I'm glad the dialogue took place so much, it's BtVS strong point and the characterizations were gained from them on a great scale.