Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2005, 03:32 PM
Loyal Fan

He reminds me of Claudia from The Vampire Chronicles. That creepy intelligent demonic little kid. But he just didn't come off as demonic as expected I don't think...haha. That whole episode kind of turned me off, then when it was revealed it was the kid it just...turned me off more.

Victims, aren't we all? --

+Skydagger+
Old 10-11-2008, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

S1 was the beginning
Old 10-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I thought Season One was a very strong start to the show. It did a good job of introducing the main characters and setting the scene and the mood, and creating that atmospheric terror that exists within the show with the slow drawing-in of the different demons located in Sunnydale. The dynamics of each relationship were also set up well. Joss did a great job of leading us into the second season with this as a starting point.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 10-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually think that season 1 is rather boring than the other seasons. It had it's moments but it's not my favorite by far. I think it's actually tied for least favorite with season 3.

You're not my employee. You're my P A R T N E R.
How do I look? | Like a HERO
~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Old 10-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulieMajulie7 (View Post)
I actually think that season 1 is rather boring than the other seasons. It had it's moments but it's not my favorite by far. I think it's actually tied for least favorite with season 3.
Me too. I only like one episode of this season, Nightmares. Suprised I kept with the show to become obsessed
Oh Lord have you walked away? Have you walked away from me?
///Icon///
Old 10-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
I thought Season One was a very strong start to the show. It did a good job of introducing the main characters and setting the scene and the mood, and creating that atmospheric terror that exists within the show with the slow drawing-in of the different demons located in Sunnydale. The dynamics of each relationship were also set up well. Joss did a great job of leading us into the second season with this as a starting point.
ITA It wasn't as strong or as in depth as the other seasons but for a first season of a mid-season replacement, I thought it was great.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

Season One is my least favorite season, but it started off really well.

I mean we got episodes like "Angel"
Old 10-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh def! Is it weird that I love watching The Pack?
Old 10-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Passionate Fan

The Master was menacing but I agree that he could have been more scary or the very least like Lothos in the movie.

But we had a Big Bad who was a troublemaker and needed to be defeated.

Loved the characters and how they were each introduced. Darla especially.

Yes it had a slow start but least it was given a chance to gain an audience which is something that shows are not allowed to do anymore which is a shame.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

Season 1 is probably my least favorite season, along with season 4. The only episode I thoroughly enjoyed in season 1 was Nightmares. There are a few others I like, but it's just not my favorite.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyt (View Post)
Oh def! Is it weird that I love watching The Pack?
No, I thought it was the scariest S1 episode. Xander was really hot in it. I also like Prophecy Girl.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched The Pack during my Xander fangirl moments and it stuck I don't think it's scary, just really interesting.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyt (View Post)
I watched The Pack during my Xander fangirl moments and it stuck I don't think it's scary, just really interesting.
That scene when Willow was hiding under the desk and then suddenly creepy Xander appears to her? That scared the daylights outta me
Old 10-16-2008, 08:59 AM
Loyal Fan

To answer the questions from the OP:

1. What was your overall opinion of the whole season?

The first few times I watched all the episodes of BtVS, season 1 was a let down compared to the other seasons, because there were many stand alone episodes that didn't really contribute to the season's story arc. But I've come to really like season 1 more and more. It really showcased the scoobies and I like them more in this season than in any other season. There was more of a carefree inocence about it and I think it is a great introduction to a great series. It's becoming one of my favorite seasons to revisit.

2. What did you think of the characters?

I really liked all the characters but espescially the scoobies and Ms Callendar. The first time I saw it I was intrigued by Angel and wanted to see more of Buffy and Angel. But even though I like David's looks his acting just does not measure up to most of the other regulars. He improved a little in seasons 2 and 3. I didn't start to like Cordy until they gave her a little more depth in OOMOOS. This is the only season that I can really like Xander whole-heartedly.

3. Were you surprised that Angel was a vampire?

No.

4. Which episodes did you like? dislike?

I liked WTTH, TW, A, TPS, PG.

I loved the opening sequence of WTTH. It was classic horror, with a twist. Loved how we were made to worry about Darla being victimized and it turns out she was the scarry thing in the night. Loved the introduction of Buffy, Willow, Xander and Giles. Fantstic beginning of a show. Probably my favorite episode of S1.

My second favorite is TPS. I didn't like this episode so much the first time I saw it. There was a little too much puppet schtick but a really funny episode. Loved the beginning with scoobies in the auditorium and the intro of the new princepal, Mr Snyder. And the ending tableau and then the after credits skit were hilarious.

My least favorite:

I Robot, You Jane - I'm a computer person and the whole premiss for the episode is stupid and I don't like the title. Even so there were some really good side moments in it.

Teacher's Pet. I can't stand bugs so that was creepy and I didn't really like the portrayal of the teacher. It had some moments that were OK but generally don't like this episode.

5. Was there anything you have done differently with the episodes or the season?

Maybe put more of Buffy's struggle between being normal and the prophsy and strenthen the over all story arc in the stand-alone episodes. In IRYJ I would change 'the demon in the computer who then creates a robot' to make it a little more believable.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, it's one of my favorite seasons. And I loved the Darla vs Buffy part, and the Xander and Angel competiveness. Also the Master and Darla were the coolest bad people on the season.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread