Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2015, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

There no Buffyverse characters I actively hate, though there a few I violently dislike (Kennedy and Connor). There is very little about this show I truly hate, in fact there isn't anything. And given my standards, that's a high compliment.
tender looks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 12:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tender looks (View Post)
There no Buffyverse characters I actively hate, though there a few I violently dislike (Kennedy and Connor). There is very little about this show I truly hate, in fact there isn't anything. And given my standards, that's a high compliment.
I second that. I don't like Kennedy or Fred but I don't hate them. I don't forward the scenes their in or post hate-filled rants about them. They are there. I accept them. I do like Connor though.

Tomorrow I am watching "Ted", "Bad Eggs" and "Surprise". Please tell me John Ritter was nominated for an Emmy for his work as Ted. The guy was brilliant in the role. There is no other word for it. Just plain brilliant.

"Surprise" was truly the beginning of greatness for BtVS.
kabous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

One thing I love about Season 2 is that every character gets development The writing crew didn't leave anyone without an episode. Willow becomes more and more powerful as she becomes interested in Magicks, Xander and Cordy get close despite hating each other for most of their lives, Willow and Oz get together, Angel/Angelus gets an amazing story arc, and Giles gets more development. Buffy goes through so much in this season, and she still comes out stronger for it.
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Charmed Slayer Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Today's episodes were: "Ted", "Bad Eggs", "Surprise" and "Innocence".

Ted was a good but sad episode, Joyce was way out of character. I suppose it's the drugs that she was dosed with but I really hated her attitude toward Buffy this episode. John Ritter was awesome as usual. Ted is one of my favorite monsters of the week.

Bad Eggs was a good filler episode. Joyce was still kind of mean to Buffy. Her daughter was beaten by her ex-boyfriend who she knows is a murder (she doesn't know he was a robot-murderer). Xander/Cordelia are way too cute. Buffy/Angel and all their making-out. The vampire brothers were funny.

Surprise was the start of the awesomeness. I loved Buffy and Willow's talk about sex and boys. Poor Xander. He desperately wants to be Cordelia's boyfriend. Jenny's secret identiy. Buffy's prophetic dream. The ring that Angel gave to Buffy. And of course Buffy and Angel making love for the first time. My shipper heart can't take it.

Innocence. So much pain. Angelus is so cruel to Buffy in Angel's apartment. Willow's face when she sees Xander and Cordelia together. Giles telling Jenny to go away. Oz's beautiful speech to Will "Freezeframe". Spike/Angelus/Drusilla "love" triangle. The Judge's last words "what does that do?". Priceless. Also, Giles and Buffy speaking at the end. He loves her and respects her and forgives her because he is her dad. He is her dad and she is his girl and it's his job to forgive her. Lastly, Buffy and Joyce watching the old movie and Buffy just letting the candle burn. She still has her innocence but she is no longer a child.

Innocence is one of my top ten all-time favourite Buffy episodes.

Last edited by kabous; 01-07-2015 at 11:00 AM
Old 01-09-2015, 02:53 AM
Extreme Fan

I watched "Phases" and "Bewitched, bothered and bewildered" yesterday.

I am a huge fan of both Willow/Oz and Xander/Cordelia. "Phases" is an okay episode. Nothing special. A little underwhelming after "Surprise" and "Innocence". "Bewitched, bothered and bewildered" has to be my favourite Xander episode. It was really funny and sweet.

Up next: "Passion", "Killed by Death" and "I only have eyes for you".
Old 01-09-2015, 06:32 AM
Elite Fan

The middle of Season 2 is where the show really takes off and comes into it's own, imo. I mean, the episodes are so good, the writing is solid, and everyone's acting is just awe-inspiring
Old 01-09-2015, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Also, Giles and Buffy speaking at the end. He loves her and respects her and forgives her because he is her dad. He is her dad and she is his girl and it's his job to forgive her. Lastly, Buffy and Joyce watching the old movie and Buffy just letting the candle burn. She still has her innocence but she is no longer a child.
I have so much love for that scene between Buffy and Giles, he was every inch the supportive and understanding father figure. I love the positive message Giles words to her sent to the audience as well - that all she did was have sex with someone she loved who loved her back, and it wasn't a wrong or bad thing to do. He didn't shame her at all and told her she still and always would have his respect. It was wonderful. And I also really love the Buffy and Joyce scene, Joyce's actions here made up for some of her questionable behavior in previous episodes IMO. She just sensed that something had changed in Buffy, that something was wrong and she was hurting, but she didn't push or pry. She was just present and quietly supportive without demanding answers. These ending scenes with both of Buffy's parental figures really topped off an incredible episode.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Finally, I have a real computer to work on. I finished season two. I watched "Passion", "Killed By Death", "I only have eyes for you", "Go Fish" and "Becoming" part 1 and 2.

"Passion" - Absolutely devastating episode. I loved Giles/Buffy.
"Killed by Death" - Reminded me a lot of "A Nightmare on Elm Street". It's also not the strongest episode ever.
"IOHEFY" - Loved, loved Christopher Gorham in this episode. He and Jason Behr are two of my favourite "Buffy" guest stars. Poor James. What he did was wrong but also understandable. He was just a sad, messed-up kid.
"Go Fish" - Xander in a speedo.
"Becoming" part 1 + 2 - Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

Can someone please bump up the season 3 thread for me?
Old 01-16-2015, 05:52 AM
Elite Fan

We sadly haven't remade the Season 3 thread yet I'll get on that this weekend Sorry it's taken me so long to do that
Old 01-16-2015, 11:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Slayer Angel (View Post)
We sadly haven't remade the Season 3 thread yet I'll get on that this weekend Sorry it's taken me so long to do that
Thanks a lot. I'm finishing season 3 this weekend and then I'll start with season 4. Then I kinda zig zag with both shows: Buffy season 4, Angel season 1, Buffy season 5, Angel season 2, Buffy season 6, Angel season 3, Buffy season 7, Angel season 4 and finishing with Angel season 5
Old 01-16-2015, 11:33 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome All I have to do is make a banner for said thread, and set it up Shouldn't take too long.

Season 4 is one of my favorites
Old 01-17-2015, 10:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I have so much love for that scene between Buffy and Giles, he was every inch the supportive and understanding father figure. I love the positive message Giles words to her sent to the audience as well - that all she did was have sex with someone she loved who loved her back, and it wasn't a wrong or bad thing to do. He didn't shame her at all and told her she still and always would have his respect. It was wonderful. And I also really love the Buffy and Joyce scene, Joyce's actions here made up for some of her questionable behavior in previous episodes IMO. She just sensed that something had changed in Buffy, that something was wrong and she was hurting, but she didn't push or pry. She was just present and quietly supportive without demanding answers. These ending scenes with both of Buffy's parental figures really topped off an incredible episode.
ICA. In particular, the Giles and Buffy scene always makes me emotional. In fact, their relationship makes me emotional in general. It's such a loving, supportive relationship.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
ICA. In particular, the Giles and Buffy scene always makes me emotional. In fact, their relationship makes me emotional in general. It's such a loving, supportive relationship.
Absolutely, it's by far one of my favourite relationships the show produces.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Season 2 had so many great episodes. And of course the truly heartbreaking ones
Old 01-19-2015, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Season 2 certainly contains some of the most iconic episodes of the entire series.
Reply   Post New Thread