Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2015, 12:38 AM
New Fan

Buffy Season 1

I have done a few retrospective videos on Buffy the Vampire Slayer where I discuss actors and quotes as well as my feelings towards the show and I thought they might mean something here.

Just fair warning... the videos contain spoilers so if you haven't yet seen the whole season or just want to remain unspoiled about things... these may not be the videos for you.

Oh and since I make 'em for YouTube, I have all that like and subscribe stuff at the end... doesn't matter much to you!

~ Justin Christopher Davis (Absurdly Epic) ~

Let's all understand movies and TV shows together!

Last edited by absurdlyepic; 10-17-2015 at 12:49 AM
absurdlyepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 11:14 AM
Elite Fan

Moved these to the respective Seasons' discussions
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Charmed Slayer Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nice video! Thanks for sharing.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

Season 1 will always be the most underrated season, imo. Sure, it's cheesy and the show's honestly just starting to get its own mythos down, but it's entertaining and fun That's what matters
Old 10-19-2015, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

And it really captures the spirit of the show, sets out its themes, and establishes the main characters very well. I feel like it was really starting to find its feet as a show near the end, the finale is excellent and one of my favourite finales of the series.
tender looks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 08:33 AM
Elite Fan

^ Agreed. I recently watched the first two episodes and I had forgotten how cheesy it was in the beginning, but it set the show up pretty well. I like that it was a bit more light hearted then, it helped us get to know the characters and it established the scoobie bond that was so vital to the show. I think the scoobie moments were the best part about that season.
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree, the relationship between the core four and how it was established and developed was the highlight of S1 for me. It set up a bond that, though it was tested and frayed at times, ultimately was never broken and became the basis of the series.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

^ I think people forget how important s1 is but without it and its fans, we wouldn't have the show that we know and love today. Prophecy Girl actually launched us into s2's stroyline which is a fan favorite.

Should we try to do a rewatch on this thread? Like once a week, everyone tries to watch an episode and we can post as we watch it. That could generate more interest in this thread and rewatches are always more fun when you can talk to other fans about it.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

Honestly Season 1, as I said, seemingly gets a lot of bad rap/press within the fandom, simply because it's not 'on par' with a lot of the latter seasons in the eyes of a lot of people. To me, S1 was an essential part of the show, in that it allowed Joss and the writers to get everything set up. To have a show get the mythos established so well after coming in mid-season to replace another show, it's inspiring

I'm not sure I'd be able to make the time to watch all of them, but I'd most certainly be willing to try
Old 02-29-2016, 05:42 PM
Elite Fan

There's a lot to love about s1 but I see why some fans don't like it as much as others.

That's why I suggested we watch one episode a week, that way we have enough time to watch it. It's a short season so it'd only take us 3 months to watch it.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So I've seen an episode here and there and "followed" the show for a while (meaning: if I remembered, I'd watch, if I didn't, that was fine too. . .)
And now I've decided to just start at the beginning.

Just watched episode 1 and 2 yesterday. Hope to watch 3&4 tonight.
I haven't seen these episodes before and really have no knowledge of any storyline apart from a few major pairings.
So I was surprised to see Angel right away.

And goodness, this show is old The clothes

I liked how immediately, right from episode one, Buffy is a slayer already. No stuff about her having to learn how to be one, I like it
Old 05-31-2016, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

^ That's because there was a movie that predated the show. That's what some of the references in the pilot were about (about there being vampires in the gym, etc), but the show is easy to follow without that knowledge. Glad you decided to start watching it, it's great. I watched it after it aired so it surprised me when we first saw Angel too. I already knew his history so it wasn't so much of a surprise to me but it's still interesting to see how he fit into those early episodes.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
^ That's because there was a movie that predated the show. That's what some of the references in the pilot were about (about there being vampires in the gym, etc), but the show is easy to follow without that knowledge. Glad you decided to start watching it, it's great. I watched it after it aired so it surprised me when we first saw Angel too. I already knew his history so it wasn't so much of a surprise to me but it's still interesting to see how he fit into those early episodes.
That makes sense.
I didn't even know that

Re:Angel: I have no knowledge whatsoever about him, so it's going to be interesting
Old 06-14-2016, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

^ Did you finish the season yet?
Old 06-14-2016, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, I'm always interested to hear people's early thoughts on the show.
Reply   Post New Thread