Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2020, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was more of a B/S fan, but well see how I feel this go around lol. I probably will feel the same though cuz I rarely every switch ships. I dont mind BA though at all.

Tia, yeah things are a lot more of an issue these days then they were then. 20 something isn't that old but for teenagers a bit yeah lol. But, we have as big of an age gap on other shows like VPD and probably true blood lol.

I like Xander right now in season 1, but he always had annoying moments. I cant remember my thoughts about him the first time I watched the series.

109: Cordelia's HORRENDOUS voice was hilarious. I also enjoyed seeing more banter between Xander and Cordelia. The dummy was creepy at first but I didnt see the twist coming. Decent episode.

110: This was a phenomenal episode! Probably one of my favorites so far. I really enjoyed seeing all of the gang's fears and seeing them try to outrun them and solve the mystery. Glad the young boy was okay at the end! Willow having to sing...

Last edited by Alexa; 08-01-2020 at 02:14 AM
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 11:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Its been a while, so I hope the double post is okay.

111:
This episode was sort of strange. Cordelia just being in on everything seemed to happen really quick, and then the FBI just coming to get the girl instead of Buffy taking down the evil was really weird to me... it just felt off. Coredelia was pretty funny in the episode though with all of her lines.

112:
This episode was nuts! Sad that Buffy thought she was going to die .

I was surprised that Xander revealed his feelings so early but I was glad Buffy was honest with him and shot it down. Also that Willow didnt go to the dance with him as his back up.

I do like Cordelia being involved with them and I liked seeing Angel there too, lots of stuff happened in this episode and it furthered the main storyline which I liked.

I didnt realize this was already the finale of season 1! But thats fun, Im excited to start season 2.

Last edited by Alexa; 08-14-2020 at 03:03 AM
Old 08-08-2020, 07:56 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I wish S1 had 22 episodes like the other seasons. I wanted more by the time it was over.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I wish S1 had 22 episodes like the other seasons. I wanted more by the time it was over.

Well Buffy started off as a mid-season tv show that’s why. WB took a chance on it as a replacement midseason show since they didn’t believe in it for the full lineup. So, midseason shows usually has 11-13 episodes. WB never expected it to be as successful as it became.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 11:36 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

lol I know, I was just saying it would of been nice to see S1 as a full season.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

My issue with season 1 is when I remember who Angel was on his own show. lol You can clearly see the writers had no true long term storyline for him... same as Darla.....

Angel just sticking by and allowing Buffy to die in the hands of the Master because it's prophesized? I'd see the Angel on his own show not allowing that at all.
Just makes me appreciate more that he got his own show for he could grow as a character.

Darla... it's so difficult watching her in season 1 of Buffy. lol Like a totally different character.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was glad it didnt I like shows with 13 episodes, they feel more concise to me.

+++

⇾ Favorite Character(s): This season I'd say the strongest were Willow and Buffy. Xander had some funny moments lol. And Cordelia had some good moments too, despite her being bitchy a lot of it.. Willow is my fav. <3
⇾ Favorite Couple(s): Willow/Xander, or the potential of them. Giles and Jenny were cute, Buffy/Angel had some cute moments but were a bit rushed. I also enjoyed the banter between Cordelia and Xander.
⇾ Favorite Friendship(s): Buffy/Willow by far. I did like the trio friendship as well.
⇾ Favorite guest/recurring character(s): Angel... Jenny.
⇾ Favorite episode: 107 Angel, 110 Nightmares was my favorite! So good, and the finale 112 Prophecy Girl was good.
⇾ FAVE storyline (or episode arc): I'm not sure, nothing in particular stood out to me as each episode was mostly different this season. I did like learning more about Angel and it added something to the story I suppose.
⇾ LEAST Favorite Character(s): I actually dont dislike any of the main character but Buffy's mom doesnt stand out to me and she had some annoying moments. The principal obviously was lame too lol.
⇾ LEAST Favorite Ship(s): Xander/Buffy, I just see them as friends.
⇾ LEAST favorite recurring/guest star: Darla! and I found Owen to be a bore.
⇾ LEAST favorite storyline: The Xander pining for Buffy was lame. I also didnt care for Buffy's woe is me moments.
⇾ Least favorite episode: Probably Witch 103. IDK why but I found that episode really dull.
⇾ Story that had potential but was dropped suddenly?: I think Buffy and her father. We didnt get to learn much about them at all after that one episode.
⇾ Who did you prefer in season 1: Bangel or Xander/Buffy: Bangel for sureeeee.
⇾ Better romance potential: Willow/Xander at this time or Cordelia/Xander.
⇾ Scale 1-10 how do you rank this season: It was good but it wasnt the most amazing show ever, I will go with a 7/10.

Last edited by Alexa; 08-14-2020 at 03:39 AM
Old 08-14-2020, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I love your list and especially about Buffy's father... when I think more about it currently, I wish more was explained about that...
Old 08-14-2020, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

another person who has Nightmares listed as one of their favorites

also good point about Buffy’s father

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 08-14-2020 at 09:39 AM
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Nightmare was a great episode.
Old 08-14-2020, 02:45 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I agree about Buffy's father. I wish they would of delved into that more and showed him more too. I hate what a deadbeat he is, but I'm glad Buffy had a father figure in Giles.
Old 08-15-2020, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I agree about Buffy's father. I wish they would of delved into that more and showed him more too. I hate what a deadbeat he is, but I'm glad Buffy had a father figure in Giles.
I agree but the issue is that during the early seasons they didn't sort of say he was a deadbeat... it seemed she visit her father on the weekends on when she can but as the series went on they changed their mind and wanted him to be a deadbeat. I felt during season 1, that wasn't the direction they were headed with him...
Old 08-16-2020, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I agree but the issue is that during the early seasons they didn't sort of say he was a deadbeat... it seemed she visit her father on the weekends on when she can but as the series went on they changed their mind and wanted him to be a deadbeat. I felt during season 1, that wasn't the direction they were headed with him...
yes

but I am glad Giles was more of a father figure to Buffy
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I agree! Thank goodness Giles turned out to be a father figure to Buffy, she really needed that.
Old 08-20-2020, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nightmares was a good episode.

S1 had some good moments.