Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2017, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome sourburst!

I agree that I was extremely irritated with him by the end of season 7. Some of his actions towards Buffy, especially in regards in voting her to leave the house, seemed so OOC to me. This is my first rewatch in years though, unfortunately so maybe I'm just looking at it wrong
Old 09-11-2017, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the add
Old 09-13-2017, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alicia- (View Post)
Welcome sourburst!

I agree that I was extremely irritated with him by the end of season 7. Some of his actions towards Buffy, especially in regards in voting her to leave the house, seemed so OOC to me. This is my first rewatch in years though, unfortunately so maybe I'm just looking at it wrong
I hate how the writers chose to handle that storyline. It's ooc for me too, & Buffy pushing him away the way that she was building up to it was ooc too imo. The whole thing was just a mess
Old 09-18-2017, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved Giles "The Earth is definitley doomed." in the finale episode.
But before that it was a little sad IMO when Buffy and Giles fought because of the "Spike got his chip removed and has a soul now thing" or the leaving her own house thing.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 09-18-2017, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Giles' "the earth is definitely doomed" was the first in character thing he said by the end of s7. Nice of them to bring him back for that last scooby pre-apocalypse meeting
Old 09-19-2017, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah it fitted so well.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 09-19-2017, 11:49 AM
Absolute Fan

I have issues with how Giles is written after S5.

I know ASH wanted to be on the show less and I don't blame him at all.

So I give Giles a pass for some of the S6/S7 stuff bc I know real life was effecting the writing.

Anyway, I will always love Giles.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com

Last edited by straws; 09-20-2017 at 09:59 AM
Old 09-20-2017, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Giles I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Giles. It's hard to think about him in S6/7 really.

What I know is my bussiness
Old 09-21-2017, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Loved that scene.
Season 6 was hard to watch after he left.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I loved his sass there
Old 09-30-2017, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sassy Giles is always fun
Old 10-09-2017, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

He was definitely the best when it came to sass, I think that's where Buffy got hers from
Old 10-18-2017, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Now we know why
Old 10-19-2017, 01:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
I have issues with how Giles is written after S5.

I know ASH wanted to be on the show less and I don't blame him at all.

So I give Giles a pass for some of the S6/S7 stuff bc I know real life was effecting the writing.

Anyway, I will always love Giles.
I have to agree.

Doing 100 episodes of an excellent show must be tough and living on another continent, away from your family does suck.

I would rather they have killed off Giles than what happened to his character in season 6/7.

In "Fool for Love" Giles couldn't even bare the thought of talking about Buffy dying. Then the next season he is leaving because she has to "learn responsibility" and then in season 7 not even hugging anyone? WTF, Joss?
Old 10-26-2017, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I don't know if I could cope with Giles being killed off, but I do think Joss could have found a much better way of doing things. It seemed that as the show went on, Joss lost sight of the scoobies being the focus & became more focused on romantic relationships, making characters darker & I think he enjoyed isolating Buffy as much as he could....anyway, this probably isn't the thread for it.

take me back...

I love this episode