Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2019, 10:04 PM
Cupid of Crime

I forgot the title of this thread, I loved them in that episode going at it like rabbits lol.
Butterfly85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great episode if you like Buffy/Riley

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I actually wish we did get more after their season 6 reunion.
I wasn't even a hardcore Buffy/Riley shipper and I didn't care for Riley/Sam romance...
Me too, I actually thought that they had better chemistry then they ever had in that one episode in s6... & I think that Buffy still had a 'what could have been' in her head, but I don't think they should have gotten back together. Just being in each other's lives again & becoming friends would have been awesome

& I wasn't really into Riley/Sam either, I wanted Riley to be happy, but it just didn't make sense to me that he supposedly took a really long time to get over Buffy, but was then suddenly to rush into a marriage with Sam
Old 05-03-2019, 12:49 PM
Cupid of Crime

I thought the moment where Buffy wanted Riley to kiss her was hot (before his wife came in) Yeah, I said for Riley to have a wife so fast made no sense. It was only a year (or less) after he left Sunnydale. At least Riley and Buffy have nice closure.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Agreed and I believe the closure part was the best part about the episode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)

Me too, I actually thought that they had better chemistry then they ever had in that one episode in s6... & I think that Buffy still had a 'what could have been' in her head, but I don't think they should have gotten back together. Just being in each other's lives again & becoming friends would have been awesome

& I wasn't really into Riley/Sam either, I wanted Riley to be happy, but it just didn't make sense to me that he supposedly took a really long time to get over Buffy, but was then suddenly to rush into a marriage with Sam

Yeah, I felt that episode did show the feelings they both still had somewhere deep inside with each other.

I wanted Riley happy but I felt the writers did way too much with Riley/Sam that I couldn't really buy it much. lol I was Willow in that episode.
Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Me too

It just didn't make sense, Sam told Buffy that it took Riley a long time to get over her.... & it had just been over a year, so how did he get over Buffy & fall for Sam? If Sam was just his girlfriend it would have made more sense.

Season 4 flashback

https://claudiablacks.tumblr.com/pos...-the-i-in-team
Old 05-04-2019, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It's also pretty difficult because if Riley stayed around, I see him being deeply in love with Buffy again. lol Since I don't even buy he completely got over her.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:35 PM
Cupid of Crime

Ha, I love that moment when Maggie thought Buffy was dead and Buffy told her she doesn't know what a slayer is if she thinks that will kill her. I agree she should of been his girlfriend instead, I guess they just thought it being his WIFE would hit Buffy harder. I get what they were going for but it was just too fast, it would of been easier to swallow if he came back in S7 maybe. I don't think Riley will love anyone else as much as he loved Buffy.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can definitely see both your points, Riley really did love Buffy so much... I don't know if he could know her & not be in love with her - & she'll always have a place in his heart

Riley looked so devastated when he though Buffy was dead
Old 05-06-2019, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That was one of the best moments! and I felt sad for Riley because he was just confused...
Old 05-06-2019, 04:42 PM
Cupid of Crime

Yeah, when he thought Buffy was dead you could see how sad he was then when Buffy showed she was alive and he was extremely confused. I don't blame him, and the others weren't sure if he knew about Walsh trying to kill Buffy. On a side note, I love their first kiss in Hush. It was so cute that they didn't know how to talk about their feelings for each other or make them known, then when they couldn't speak Riley just kissed her since words weren't needed at all lol.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, it was interesting having all the information while the scoobies were wondering if Riley was involved, & the Forrest was thinking that Buffy might have killed Walsh & maybe Walsh had tried to kill her for a good reason

I do love how fast Riley makes up his mind in that scene though, he had no ide what had happened, but he'd seen enough to walk away from Walsh which was such a big deal for him

I think their first kiss is really cute too, & I like how they both kept talking too much before when they almost kissed
Old 05-07-2019, 02:57 PM
Cupid of Crime

I forgot about Forrest, he was such a jealous prick. I loved the moments when Riley was willing to walk away from The Initiative for Buffy or when they were wrong. I also loved when he tried to help Oz escape and defended him when they kidnapped Oz.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sad thing about Forest is that I thought he was pretty cool in the beginning and than once the Walsh thing happened... it pretty much ruined everything.

Even at first Riley had his own doubt about what happened because they whole unit worked together well and trusted each other and once Buffy came for the group, it felt like Riley only cared for Buffy and none of them. As a viewer, we all knew the truth but I can see like for Riley how things can be difficult for him.

He lost his mother figure and best friend all while meeting the love of his life.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked him at first too, but he did get crazy posessive of Riley - I think he was probably in love with him

Ultimately, even though Riley was falling madly in love with Buffy, I think that he sided with her not because of his feelings, but because he believed that she was on the right side - even if that was hard for him to accept. He didn't want to have to walk away from everything he knew at the initiative, but that was his only choice...

https://singfromthehair.tumblr.com/post/90380093408
Old 05-08-2019, 02:56 PM
Cupid of Crime

Awww, Poor Riley lol. Buffy said she was still holding back even there.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top